Author Topic: Austrailian Man Escapes Rail Death (LMAO)  (Read 190 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Austrailian Man Escapes Rail Death (LMAO)
« on: January 12, 2008, 08:13:27 AM »
A drunken Australian had a miraculous escape after passing out on a railway line. The 20-year-old unnamed man fell asleep at a level crossing after a night out in Port Augusta, South Australia state.

The freight train driver saw the reveller on the track and slammed on the emergency brakes.

But the train was carrying 3,000 tonnes of freight and was unable to stop in time.

It past over him - missing his head by inches - as the man slept through the ordeal.

But he did not get away completely unscathed.

He was taken to hospital with bruising after he woke up and banged his head on the underside of the train.

Rail spokesman Tony Aldridge said the clearance under the train was only 11 inches and the man was lucky to be alive.

He pointed out it was "not the best place" to take a nap.

Mr Aldridge added: "It was probably lucky he was lying in such a way that the train actually went over him rather than across him."

source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-1300230,00.html

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Austrailian Man Escapes Rail Death (LMAO)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »
That's not that uncommon trust me. Once I was so drunk, I started walking home and the idiot I was, I walked through the railway. I'm sure that if I triped and fell I would just fall asleep on the spot. Luckily that didn't happen but 1 week later, I read in the paper that 2 drunk dudes fell asleep right there and got run by a train. Dead.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
That's not that uncommon trust me. Once I was so drunk, I started walking home and the idiot I was, I walked through the railway. I'm sure that if I triped and fell I would just fall asleep on the spot. Luckily that didn't happen but 1 week later, I read in the paper that 2 drunk dudes fell asleep right there and got run by a train. Dead.

woah, i guess you were lucky then.

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
i had a mate that died from that earlier this year. tried to cross he was blind drunk and he tripped.

that guy that survived is lucky as hell.

JAZ

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 07:51:36 AM »

i once drove a highway, and an hour later a car crashed and 3 people died. was i lucky?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:03:24 PM »

i once drove a highway, and an hour later a car crashed and 3 people died. was i lucky?

thats completely different....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
You can drive a highway?

JAZ

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

thats completely different....
how is that different?

JAZ

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 04:01:13 AM »
being pissed up walking accross a railway track, some kids do same thing a week later and die

driving along a motorway, a few hours later another car on same motorway crashes.

they are not the same. car crashes occur all the time, pissed people falling asleep on railway tracks then being killed is quite rare...