Author Topic: Race, Gender, Politics and this election  (Read 478 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Race, Gender, Politics and this election
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »
From my MySpace blog yesterday.

There is talk that talk of race and gender are going too far in this election. Proof of this is that fact that this weekend Barack Obama introduced his idea of an economical package that would help stimulate the economy, based off middle class and lower class tax cuts, higher social security for seniors in an effort to put money in the hands of those that need it, and we are side tracked by Hillary Clinton back tracking on comments of Martin Luther King, less than a week of his birthday, and the Clintons both accusing of Obama of turning the primaries on race, something that Obama has not comment on. The funny part is also that most economical experts said that Obama's plan would have a more direct effect than Hillary's.

There are real issues here, and on the week that Obama introduced real hard numbers, something that the Clintons claim he does not do, the Clintons focus the race on other things. The Clintons are running the campaign I think no one has ever thought we'd approve of, but in private we battle with ourselves everyday. When talking to women Democrats, they ask who I am for and I say Obama, and they look at me in a way that can only be discribed as coldly. Then they say, "It's our turn," and mention Hillary's experience. For a party that's been in the forefront of gender and racial rights, it's natural that a woman and black male are the frontrunners this time around, but it's shocking that their supporters will be blunt on why they side with each person. For some, it's simply Hillary's a woman, where as some blacks I have talk to question why I support Obama because White America wouldn't vote for a Black man. The people are very aware that yes, a woman and black man are running for president and yes this is very real, and the long standing issue of relationships between both and mainstream America is coming to our face wither we like it or not.

I think coming into this election, Hillary was so far ahead, and Barack was running this so clean campaign that most assume Hillary would win, Barack would prove himself and Hillary would make him her VP and all would be well. But when Obama started to poll better, and especially after Iowa, things got very personal and very controversial, very quickly. The big Hillary mistake is comparing Obama to Martin Luther King, and herself to Lyndon B. Johnson by saying that well Martin Luther King moved people, it was LBJ, the president, that passed civil rights. This angered many black leaders, and caused the Clinton  family to become highly defensive, reminding us of the standard they set in Washington when it comes to highering minorities in Washington. And that does not go unnotice to me, as I love what the Clintons did for the country in the 90's. But like my dad said, some Democrats like diversity, as long as they are in charge.

At the end of the day, this has turned real ugly, real fast. Last week we were questioning Hillary's use of crying and how women were touched and went to the polls in huge numbers to support her. Now with New Hampshire out the way, and the next two states being Nevada and South Carolina with huge minority population, race is now a HUGE factor. When you have Obama saying "Si se puede" in place of where he usually says "Yes we can" to the unions in Nevada, you know that relating to the diversity of these states in very important. Hillary's comments in NH about Dr. King needing LBJ to pass civil rights was over there, but in South Carolina black leaders are calling this into question. How hard you attack Clinton is also very important, as John Edwards started dropping in the polls in Iowa the more negative he went at Hillary, and has had a hard time gaining his footing, especially in South Carolina which is the state he calls home.

Hillary called for a truce this evening, and it looks like tomorrow on MLK's birthday we will have some peace between the candidates, at least until the debates tomorrow evening. A judge order NBC to allow Dennis Kucinich in the debate, though NBC is protesting that ruling, and it looks like, hopefully, policies are discuse. One thing is for sure, there is no question that debate we have as a nation, coming from having a woman and black man running for president and why we vote for them, will have this country talking for a long long time. This is only the beginning of the discussion.

Trauma-san

Re: Race, Gender, Politics and this election
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:06:41 PM »
The thing going on here isn't that the Clinton's are attacking Barack on race.  They are just in a half-assed way trying to suggest that the republicans are going to massacre him in the way that they are, if he were to win the primary.  This is about the Clintons beating Obama's ass before he ever gets to a national level, so they're showing everybody what they feel the republicans will use against Obama. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »
The thing going on here isn't that the Clinton's are attacking Barack on race.  They are just in a half-assed way trying to suggest that the republicans are going to massacre him in the way that they are, if he were to win the primary.  This is about the Clintons beating Obama's ass before he ever gets to a national level, so they're showing everybody what they feel the republicans will use against Obama. 
So you saying that Obama won't win?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
Why don't you cum biscuits discuss real fuckin issues instead of race and gender?  Because you watch too much fuckin tv thats why.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

No, I'm not necessarily saying that.  I'm saying that it's a political strategy the Clintons are using, but not how everybody is seeing it.  Bill and Hillary are leaking these things in no uncertain terms, to scare democrats into thinking that Barack CANNOT win.  If the race card gets played now, it will plant seeds of doubt in people's minds, because they'll think "oh, the republicans are racist bigots who would never vote for a black guy"... therefore in the primaries, dems will vote for Hillary because she in their mind would have a better chance of beating the republican nominee than a black guy that paranoid dems think no republican would vote for.  The reason they are doing this is to remove the ominous assumption that Hillary is very polarizing and no republican alive would ever vote for her... so in kind they're sneakily showing by playing the race card that no republican would vote for a black guy.

Of course it's all bullshit.  Obama is much more electable than Hillary. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »

No, I'm not necessarily saying that.  I'm saying that it's a political strategy the Clintons are using, but not how everybody is seeing it.  Bill and Hillary are leaking these things in no uncertain terms, to scare democrats into thinking that Barack CANNOT win.  If the race card gets played now, it will plant seeds of doubt in people's minds, because they'll think "oh, the republicans are racist bigots who would never vote for a black guy"... therefore in the primaries, dems will vote for Hillary because she in their mind would have a better chance of beating the republican nominee than a black guy that paranoid dems think no republican would vote for.  The reason they are doing this is to remove the ominous assumption that Hillary is very polarizing and no republican alive would ever vote for her... so in kind they're sneakily showing by playing the race card that no republican would vote for a black guy.

Of course it's all bullshit.  Obama is much more electable than Hillary. 

I can see where u coming from...that bitch playing fear factor through media.  You know...she reminds me of bush, but in democratic party. 
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:32:43 PM »
Why don't you cum biscuits discuss real fuckin issues instead of race and gender?  Because you watch too much fuckin tv thats why.

I started the blog saying that Obama introducing actual numbers, something Hillary accuses Obama of NOT doing, and her campaign pushed that out the news on going the racial route.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:59:20 PM »
this is why racism/prejudice will never end...fucking people mainly government and media, seperate people into groups and shit. i understand demographics but MLK dream was to move to a color-blind society...race and gender should never be an issue that is relavant. People who vote for obama just cuz he's black are idiots, same with hillary and women

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »
this is why racism/prejudice will never end...fucking people mainly government and media, seperate people into groups and shit. i understand demographics but MLK dream was to move to a color-blind society...race and gender should never be an issue that is relavant. People who vote for obama just cuz he's black are idiots, same with hillary and women

thats what most blacks say. lol they voting for obama. dont reall yknow the standing points of the black adults though juz the guys rround my age.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.