Author Topic: Tom Cruise and his wacked out scientology  (Read 1501 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tom Cruise and his wacked out scientology
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
psychiatry is a joke, id say like 70% of people are given drugs they dont need and will harm them in the long run more, i believe strongly in psychology tho, i feel that many mental problems can be fixed, with the right training, through communication

Psychiatrists fix medical problems, psychologists don't do anything. People are over medicated, but for people to doubt that the brain, and mental conditions are based on chemical issues in the brain, are idiots. Too much medication, yes. But without that medication, almost all serious mental issues could not be treated. psychologists are not doctors, and don't have medical training. Put your faith in Science.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »
^ science is relligion. and i just watched the video, he sounds hilarious, so what is all this he is doing, cause i havent heard of him helping anyone

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
Some people have said that the video reminds them of his character in Magnolia, I gotta agree with them. 

Trauma's gay lover.... Bubba Jo

• Lil Geezy
  • JESUS JUICE
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
Why can't people have normal religion like me and my baby girl Trauma.   We should soooo all be mormons.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »
^ science is relligion. and i just watched the video, he sounds hilarious, so what is all this he is doing, cause i havent heard of him helping anyone

He's not helping anyone, but really he's not trying to help anyone.  He's just practicing his religion, which is pretty strange but that's his right as long as he's not hurting anyone.  Look @ his career, his wife, his daughter, his money, his prestige.  He has everything.  I wouldn't knock what he chooses to do spiritually to make himself happy.  If you look at other celebrities, he's certainly not alone in having strange spirtual beliefs. 

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »
whats so outrageous about anything he said? How is anything he said more crazy/ridiculous/outlandish/far fetched than anything any other religion has to say?

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
^ That's my point, too.  Religon is based on faith.  Faith by nature can't be proven, so in a religious context you can say whatever the hell you want, it can't be proven or disproven.  That's the whole point.  Everybody on this thread dogged him but half of them believe Noah built a big boat, put two butterflies and two rattlesnakes and two rhinos and two dobermans on it, loaded up his wife, his three sons, and their three wives, and told the rest of his brothers and sisters and his wife's father and sisters and his daughter in law's families to go get bent and then sailed on the water for 40 days and ....

You get the point. 

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »
My opinion on it is, he's an actor.  He has the right to believe, practice, say whatever he wants.  Why does anybody even care?  What Tom Cruise is thinking right now doesn't matter two shits to my life. 

the fact that he helped coax all those people in to that cult he's a part of kinda makes it scary.

Atheists are scarier.

Really? Why is that?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
^ That's my point, too.  Religon is based on faith.  Faith by nature can't be proven, so in a religious context you can say whatever the hell you want, it can't be proven or disproven.  That's the whole point.  Everybody on this thread dogged him but half of them believe Noah built a big boat, put two butterflies and two rattlesnakes and two rhinos and two dobermans on it, loaded up his wife, his three sons, and their three wives, and told the rest of his brothers and sisters and his wife's father and sisters and his daughter in law's families to go get bent and then sailed on the water for 40 days and ....

You get the point. 

LMAO! yeah thats not ridiculous at all, especially when you account for the countless species that could not have possibly been on his boat. But yea, Tom Cruise is the crazy one for believing his little stories...

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »
My opinion on it is, he's an actor.  He has the right to believe, practice, say whatever he wants.  Why does anybody even care?  What Tom Cruise is thinking right now doesn't matter two shits to my life. 

the fact that he helped coax all those people in to that cult he's a part of kinda makes it scary.

Atheists are scarier.

Really? Why is that?

because they think THEY are in charge instead of a higher power.  At least religious people have a slight bit of humility; athiests think they're smarter than every religious person on the planet.  Selfish, Selfish, Selfish people who cannot see outside of themselves.  I would much rather know someone who worships the stop sign in front of Wal Mart than the guy telling me the entire universe fell out of a hole.  

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 06:07:10 PM »

Please elaborate.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »

Atheists are scarier.

Really? Why is that?

because they think THEY are in charge instead of a higher power.  At least religious people have a slight bit of humility; athiests think they're smarter than every religious person on the planet.  Selfish, Selfish, Selfish people who cannot see outside of themselves.  I would much rather know someone who worships the stop sign in front of Wal Mart than the guy telling me the entire universe fell out of a hole. 

Let me start by saying that I am not an atheist.You are making extremely broad and sweeping generalizations about a very large group of people. I don't see how you can profess to know anything about an atheist outside of the fact that they do not believe in some supreme creator. To say that all atheists are arrogant and self centered is a hell of a reach. I know atheists who are more compassionate and selfless than damn near anyone I know who claims to be religious. This is not even touching on the fact that being religious does not mean you are not an idiot/asshole/selfish/control freak, etc, etc. What I think is more scary is the fact that people still fear anything which is slightly different than themselves. And who is any of us to say that each individual is NOT in control? Seems to me that we all have a certain degree of control. We cant control gravity or wind or earthquakes or anything like that but we all have a degree of control over our own actions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:15:33 PM by Turf Hitta »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
And becuz they think in charge they somehow think they have this 'power'. Everythang a religion does somehow affects them and violates their right. Fuckkk outta here.

With this 'belief' of power, I know ironic, belief, but with this 'belief' they think they can take away our rights. Which is exactly what they are doin'. They are goin' to ruin us, I'm being serious too.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »
And becuz they think in charge they somehow think they have this 'power'. Everythang a religion does somehow affects them and violates their right. Fuckkk outta here.

With this 'belief' of power, I know ironic, belief, but with this 'belief' they think they can take away our rights. Which is exactly what they are doin'. They are goin' to ruin us, I'm being serious too.

Ok, i can't follow your first statement at all. And no, everything a religion does does not violate them and their rights, but in our society, if a person does not wish to be subjected to a given religious idea, they have the right not to. There is no real atheist agenda to convert believers to atheism, but in fact, there are countless organizations devoted to converting atheists/non believers/believers in something else to their ideology. And I have no idea what you are referring to when you say "belief of power." The idea that atheists are "out to ruin you" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. A typical atheist is not out to get you and in all probability doesn't give a fuck about what you believe as long as you leave them the fuck alone about what they believe/don't believe.

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:24 PM »
Every Athiest I've ever met has the same attitude: believers are idiots, and they are more intelligent than believers.  I am intelligent enough to know that anybody that tells you they're more intelligent than someone else isn't intelligent at all.