Author Topic: Tom Cruise and his wacked out scientology  (Read 1520 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tom Cruise and his wacked out scientology
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 11:46:18 PM »
Every Athiest I've ever met has the same attitude: believers are idiots, and they are more intelligent than believers.  I am intelligent enough to know that anybody that tells you they're more intelligent than someone else isn't intelligent at all. 

That is not necessarily true. Maybe the atheist are smarter. Whether or not they think they are or not has no bearing on its validity.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 09:20:24 AM »
I am a blatant atheist and ruining the lives of cool believers never crossed my mind, ever.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:37 AM »
^ science is relligion. and i just watched the video, he sounds hilarious, so what is all this he is doing, cause i havent heard of him helping anyone

He's not helping anyone, but really he's not trying to help anyone.  He's just practicing his religion, which is pretty strange but that's his right as long as he's not hurting anyone.  Look @ his career, his wife, his daughter, his money, his prestige.  He has everything.  I wouldn't knock what he chooses to do spiritually to make himself happy.  If you look at other celebrities, he's certainly not alone in having strange spirtual beliefs. 
i dont give a fuck about tom cruise the person, (i love tom cruise the actor), and frankly if he dont help anyone, i dont give a fuck, but hes the one saying, "if a scientologist drives by a car crash, he knows hes the only one who can help", which is why i pose the question, when the fuck did he help people?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »
yea, im agnostic, i feel athiasm is way too stuborn and sure of themselves, i dont fuckin know whats going on, and im not going to pretend like i do (in terms of exestetial questions about life)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
Extreme atheists do not want us practice religion at all. They claim everythang violates their right. Look, I respect everyone and everyone's faith but they take it too far.

- They are the ones who are tryin' take the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools. For the fact it states 'One nation Under God'. Nobody is forcing you to say it.

- One town in the burbs in Cali voted on taking out the Bill Of Rights and The Constitution of SCHOOL becuz it is 'spiritually guiding'. I will never let this go. Do you know how ridiculous that is? I mean really? I find that shit just hard to comprehend. HARD! The fact is, the world was built on faith and religion, it just was. You are gonna have to deal with it. But the other thang is, they don't believe in NOTHING. So who the fuck would you even give a shit?

- They are hypocrites. If you are a devotes atheist. DON'T say 'Oh My God, God Bless You, My God, Jesus'. Don't say non of that shit. When an atheist sneeze and you reply with a God Bless You, why they say thank you?

- Why celebrate Christmas and Easter? If you don't believe in God or really Jesus, don't celebrate his joy. You can't even enjoy Christmas like you once could, as it is. Ya know we know Jewish people, when it's they holiday, we say Happy Hanukkah. When they see us they wish us Merry Christmas. But here are atheists tryin' to say 'we don't want the Manger or The Hanukkah candles on The Green'. Tryin' to change alot alot alot of shit.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
yea, im agnostic, i feel athiasm is way too stuborn and sure of themselves, i dont fuckin know whats going on, and im not going to pretend like i do (in terms of exestetial questions about life)

some would consider you an atheist.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 12:35:15 PM »
I am a blatant atheist and ruining the lives of cool believers never crossed my mind, ever.

Ok folks, lets see something here...

You are a self described "blatant atheist" which I take to mean you are what QuietTruth calls an "extreme atheist."

1.Have you ever really cared what someone else believes so long as they do not make it their responsibilty to Bible (or -insert religious document here-) thump you to death?

2.Do you care if the pledge of allegiance says "under God?"

3.Are you "out to get" the believers?

4.If you do celebrate Christmas, are you celebrating the birth of Jesus or family togetherness or something entirely different?

5.Do you think you are inherently smarter than every religious person on the planet?

6.Are you "selfish, selfish, selfish?"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 01:21:28 PM »
1. You do you and I do me. As long as people don't do/say something annoying due to their faith, I have no problem whatsoever. However, if people start to discuss about religion, God and everything, I am going to give my opinon and argue just like everyone else. No hard feelings or anything. Some people can get offended though. I don't really do this anymore, though. A few years ago I did this a lot on this board, but not really to put my belief on others, but to articulate and shape my thoughts. I was still finding my way. I got to a point where I got it all pretty much figured out for me. That doesn't mean that I'm right and people who disagree are wrong or anything, all it means that I got my mind set in that department. Just like the next dude, who believes in the coming of Jesus or something.

2. I am not American so I don't know. However I do think that state and church should be seperated. Religion should be taught in school, but on a volantary basis. Children who don't want to take religion classes should have the right to take classes like ethics or philosophy instead, without anybody looking at them the wrong way.

3. No, if anything I am out to get assholes who make life hell for other people. Sometimes, those people can be fanatic, fundamentalist believers. Never were I out to get people like my brother who just believes in Christianity or my sister who believes in Spirituality. Not because we're blood or anything, but because they never do some shit that some annoying believers do. I don't have to get into what those things are, we all know.

4. I don't really celebrate Christmas or Easter to begin with. I might give a little something to my nieces and nephews cause they are little and you are supposed to have those kind of uniting, magical moments in the family when you are young. Never would I celebrate the birth of Jesus or anything, of course. Do you really think the average little child in the western hemisphere is eager for Christmas because Jesus was born that day? Come on now. It's about family and presents.

5. Of course not.

6. No, not at all. What's cheap are those people who normally would be total assholes but try to behave morally in order to get rewards from God, get a good Karma, go to heaven, etc... that's selfish. Me, when I do something good, which I do more often than most people, I just do it. No thoughts about rewards whatsoever. As soon as I do something "nice" in order to get something pleasant for myself in return, I don't regard the action as something unselfish and inherently good. Like, I never do this, but it's a good example: If you buy some girl a drink, you don't do it out of plain altruism. You don't do it because you feel sorry for her and you really want to just do her a favor and buy her a drink. You do it so she'll feel obliged to talking to you, and after that you can have sex with her if you are lucky. Bottom line, you do it to get laid. So, tell me, how is buying a girl a drink an unselfish, inherently good action? It is not. Neither is acting good because you think God sees everything and judges you accordingly. Please believe it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:24:58 PM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 03:02:03 PM »
1. You do you and I do me. As long as people don't do/say something annoying due to their faith, I have no problem whatsoever. However, if people start to discuss about religion, God and everything, I am going to give my opinon and argue just like everyone else. No hard feelings or anything. Some people can get offended though. I don't really do this anymore, though. A few years ago I did this a lot on this board, but not really to put my belief on others, but to articulate and shape my thoughts. I was still finding my way. I got to a point where I got it all pretty much figured out for me. That doesn't mean that I'm right and people who disagree are wrong or anything, all it means that I got my mind set in that department. Just like the next dude, who believes in the coming of Jesus or something.

2. I am not American so I don't know. However I do think that state and church should be seperated. Religion should be taught in school, but on a volantary basis. Children who don't want to take religion classes should have the right to take classes like ethics or philosophy instead, without anybody looking at them the wrong way.

3. No, if anything I am out to get assholes who make life hell for other people. Sometimes, those people can be fanatic, fundamentalist believers. Never were I out to get people like my brother who just believes in Christianity or my sister who believes in Spirituality. Not because we're blood or anything, but because they never do some shit that some annoying believers do. I don't have to get into what those things are, we all know.

4. I don't really celebrate Christmas or Easter to begin with. I might give a little something to my nieces and nephews cause they are little and you are supposed to have those kind of uniting, magical moments in the family when you are young. Never would I celebrate the birth of Jesus or anything, of course. Do you really think the average little child in the western hemisphere is eager for Christmas because Jesus was born that day? Come on now. It's about family and presents.

5. Of course not.

6. No, not at all. What's cheap are those people who normally would be total assholes but try to behave morally in order to get rewards from God, get a good Karma, go to heaven, etc... that's selfish. Me, when I do something good, which I do more often than most people, I just do it. No thoughts about rewards whatsoever. As soon as I do something "nice" in order to get something pleasant for myself in return, I don't regard the action as something unselfish and inherently good. Like, I never do this, but it's a good example: If you buy some girl a drink, you don't do it out of plain altruism. You don't do it because you feel sorry for her and you really want to just do her a favor and buy her a drink. You do it so she'll feel obliged to talking to you, and after that you can have sex with her if you are lucky. Bottom line, you do it to get laid. So, tell me, how is buying a girl a drink an unselfish, inherently good action? It is not. Neither is acting good because you think God sees everything and judges you accordingly. Please believe it.
+1

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
You're telling everyone your opinion of religious people, and you're generalizing.  You don't represent or describe me or mine with your words... which again shows me that you're selfish, motherfucka.  You THINK you know what I'm thinking, but in reality you dont' know shit.

Which is why I don't talk shit about Agnostics.  Nothing wrong with being an Agnostic.  If you've decided there is no god, though, then you are a piece of shit. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »
^ science is relligion. and i just watched the video, he sounds hilarious, so what is all this he is doing, cause i havent heard of him helping anyone

He's not helping anyone, but really he's not trying to help anyone.  He's just practicing his religion, which is pretty strange but that's his right as long as he's not hurting anyone.  Look @ his career, his wife, his daughter, his money, his prestige.  He has everything.  I wouldn't knock what he chooses to do spiritually to make himself happy.  If you look at other celebrities, he's certainly not alone in having strange spirtual beliefs. 
i dont give a fuck about tom cruise the person, (i love tom cruise the actor), and frankly if he dont help anyone, i dont give a fuck, but hes the one saying, "if a scientologist drives by a car crash, he knows hes the only one who can help", which is why i pose the question, when the fuck did he help people?

I don't think he's helped people.  So he's a liar.  All my other statements hold true, who cares?  I don't care if people lie about shit.  

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »
Nah, I said extreme atheist becuz I figured nobody on this board is one of them. I figured 7even was not one those, and neither is Eleven 2 Three. But like I said, I don't hate or disrespect people becuz of their beliefs, at all. But as soon as I am disrespected, than I will talk back. And since 7even ain't from America, I don't mean to be talkin' shit to him, becuz he ain't the one goin' crazy like niggas here are, ya feel me? You can practice anything your heart desires, who am I to disrespect your faith and say you shouldn't practice that? Ya know? I'm nobody. But from what I know and see of these 'extreme atheists', I don't like them. As long as you do you, and don't disrespect other's around you, it's all good.

And just in my opinion, living in America and being part of a religion, Athiest's scare me.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
You're telling everyone your opinion of religious people, and you're generalizing.  You don't represent or describe me or mine with your words... which again shows me that you're selfish, motherfucka.  You THINK you know what I'm thinking, but in reality you dont' know shit.

Which is why I don't talk shit about Agnostics.  Nothing wrong with being an Agnostic.  If you've decided there is no god, though, then you are a piece of shit. 

Was this directed at me?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »
Extreme atheists do not want us practice religion at all. They claim everythang violates their right. Look, I respect everyone and everyone's faith but they take it too far.

- They are the ones who are tryin' take the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools. For the fact it states 'One nation Under God'. Nobody is forcing you to say it.

- One town in the burbs in Cali voted on taking out the Bill Of Rights and The Constitution of SCHOOL becuz it is 'spiritually guiding'. I will never let this go. Do you know how ridiculous that is? I mean really? I find that shit just hard to comprehend. HARD! The fact is, the world was built on faith and religion, it just was. You are gonna have to deal with it. But the other thang is, they don't believe in NOTHING. So who the fuck would you even give a shit?

- They are hypocrites. If you are a devotes atheist. DON'T say 'Oh My God, God Bless You, My God, Jesus'. Don't say non of that shit. When an atheist sneeze and you reply with a God Bless You, why they say thank you?

- Why celebrate Christmas and Easter? If you don't believe in God or really Jesus, don't celebrate his joy. You can't even enjoy Christmas like you once could, as it is. Ya know we know Jewish people, when it's they holiday, we say Happy Hanukkah. When they see us they wish us Merry Christmas. But here are atheists tryin' to say 'we don't want the Manger or The Hanukkah candles on The Green'. Tryin' to change alot alot alot of shit.

Off course… As a child you’re not supposed to pledge anything. USA is supposed to be the “home of the free”. Why not show that by actually giving people the right not to pledge.

When an atheist sneeze and you reply with a God Bless You, why they say thank you?

That would mean that believers shouldn’t be allowed to say “Holy shit”, Holy crap”, “God damned” since it actually is blasphemy. BTW, “God bless you” is said after a sneeze since ignorant people (priests) 1500 years ago used to think that sneezing was a portal to the plague. By “blessing” the “victim”, they made sure that the sickness wouldn’t develop.  So why do YOU as a Christian bless somebody that sneezes? Do you even have the authority say “God bless you”? That’s putting words in Gods mouth. From my understanding, only priests, bishops and deacons have by God been given that authority according to Christianity.  You saying that makes you a heretic, doesn’t it?. Shouldn’t you instead say “May God bless you”?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:05:05 PM by Maestro Minded / LME »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »
Lmao. In Germany you just say "Get well soon" when a nigga sneezes. That's much better in my opinion.
No, it's not a sin