Author Topic: Bet presents "Brown on Black" (Video)  (Read 1189 times)

Lazar

Bet presents "Brown on Black" (Video)
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:52:24 AM »
<a href="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/0x777777/wshh66L5v3Edltzc3P6k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/0x777777/wshh66L5v3Edltzc3P6k</a>

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: Bet presents "Brown on Black" (Video)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:53 AM »
aint nothing new i aint really tryin to hear that peace shit between us so called blacks and so called brown. the catholic church did a number on them (lations/hispanis/whatever). they got that caste system the lighter the better the darker the worse. so it aint no surprise that majority of mexicans hate blacks. them niggas are in numbers out there in cali and it doesnt hurt that they are bordered with mexico. since we out numbered out there we just got to put in extra work getti sick n tired of this bullshit. they aint bordered with mexico out here so none of them aint on that shit because niggas will get dumped on out here , this aint 5mins away from mexico type shit. fuck snoop

SGV

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »
This show makes Latinos look like bullies. It makes it seem as if Latinos and Blacks are only NOW beefing and it's due to Latinos being the aggressors. The Blacks have also done much of the the same to Latinos. And, I'm positive that a Black gang has killed a young Latina girl who has nothing to do with Gang banging. They're making that murder seem like it's one of a kind. What if that Black girl got into some shit with someone at school that day? What if it WAS provoked? They're just out trying to make Latinos look like monsters.

Blacks have killed Latinos for no reason and vice versa. It happened in Pomona. It's happened in Azusa. It's happening all over. It's not a race thing, it's a gang thing.

Back in the day, Crips in West Covina went at it with the Latino gangs in the surrounding areas. Replace the Crips with 18 St. and you'd have the same issues.

LMAO @ Mexicans hate blacks. In all honesty, I can see why that statement is made. But, what people fail to realize is that most Latinos who are raised in other countries do NOT know about Black people unless they're living on the coast. One of my buddies moved here from Guatemala when he was in High School. He had never went to school with Black people, let alone even really knew they existed. He and his family didn't hate Blacks, they were just weary of them. A lot of Latinos are like that. Weary of what they don't know. It could be Asians. Blacks. Whites. Whatever...

I have cousins in Honduras who refer to Blacks are niggers. Not because they're being racist but because that's what they think is the correct term for them in English.

Do some Latinos hate Blacks? I'm sure they do. Do some Blacks hate Latinos? I'm sure they do. But take away the gang violence between the two and you'd see a huge decline in "Brown on Black" or "Black on Brown" crime.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
yea that did come from a one sided view but you lying when you talk about so call brown people from latin america dont know what a black person is. they know very well well about Blacks. there are a lot of Blacks through out latin america. they just get treated like shit for the color of the skin and thats why they are called niggers because they have it in they heads that they are better than the Blackman/or women, because of the caste system set up there. so they callin Blacks niggers because they know its used as a negative ...i repeat not because they dont know about it . and you not thats the truth for reals.

SGV

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »
yea that did come from a one sided view but you lying when you talk about so call brown people from latin america dont know what a black person is. they know very well well about Blacks. there are a lot of Blacks through out latin america. they just get treated like shit for the color of the skin and thats why they are called niggers because they have it in they heads that they are better than the Blackman/or women, because of the caste system set up there. so they callin Blacks niggers because they know its used as a negative ...i repeat not because they dont know about it . and you not thats the truth for reals.

Oh na. You're mistaken. The Blacks from Latin America hardly consider themselves Black. I know a lot of Afro Latinos who hate to be called Black. Straight up. They feel as if they're just dark skinned Latinos. Plus, they're not that prevalent in the City. They live along the coast. In Mexico, Honduras, etc. They're coastal down there. In the city you'll see a few Blacks, but not that often. So, yeah, it's true, they really don't know about them. A friend of mine has a grandmother who had never seen a Black person before. When she saw a Black person for the first time, she really thought he had been burned. She didn't know. She's from a small town in Mexico where everyone looks just like her. She never travelled outside of her little town. That goes for a lot of Latinos.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

Oh na. You're mistaken. The Blacks from Latin America hardly consider themselves Black. I know a lot of Afro Latinos who hate to be called Black. Straight up. They feel as if they're just dark skinned Latinos. Plus, they're not that prevalent in the City. They live along the coast. In Mexico, Honduras, etc. They're coastal down there. In the city you'll see a few Blacks, but not that often. So, yeah, it's true, they really don't know about them. A friend of mine has a grandmother who had never seen a Black person before. When she saw a Black person for the first time, she really thought he had been burned. She didn't know. She's from a small town in Mexico where everyone looks just like her. She never travelled outside of her little town. That goes for a lot of Latinos.
yeah i know majority of them on the coast like in mexico - veri cruz and costa chica. let me ask you this why do you think they are ashamed to be Black and hate it when people call them what they are? I see niggas out there who look just like me only difference is they speak fluent spanish. thinking they all that and get mad when niggas consider them Black.  I laugh at those confused dumbass because they getting treated like shit by the people who made them hate themsekves.

SGV

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »
They don't know that they're Blacks. They know they're dark. Darker than others. But, they were raised the same way. They speak the same language. They don't feel any different.

It's sort of like Africans and Jamaicans. They don't really consider themselves Blacks. It's not a racism thing, IMO. It's more of a cultural issue.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »
They don't know that they're Blacks. They know they're dark. Darker than others. But, they were raised the same way. They speak the same language. They don't feel any different.

It's sort of like Africans and Jamaicans. They don't really consider themselves Blacks. It's not a racism thing, IMO. It's more of a cultural issue.
one of the big problems is that the Black history is written out the books. like people such as Yanga you know.

SGV

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
That is true. But A LOT of history is written out, not just Black History. I see where you're coming from though. I just think this whole BET special adds more insult to injury than anything else.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
Oh yeah 4 sure. fuck bet anyway

SGV

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »
Yeah... Since Rap City sucks now, I don't fuck with BET. Tigger was tolerable... But even he was kinda weak. Bring back Joe Clair and Big Lez!

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 07:44:14 PM »
I would peep the video, but I don't watch BET.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »
Lol, you guys are so much drama in LA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 11:39:56 PM »

Ummmm... yes... they do.

SGV

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »
LMAO @ NIK hopping on my nuts just to argue anything...

I worked with an African dude once... He got pissed off at a bum for calling him a nigger. His response? I'm not Black, I'm African...

Other African's I've known have said the same.