Author Topic: Michael Jackson official thread! -all the NEWS  (Read 2412 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Michael Jackson - For all time (2008)
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
^ well i never heard any, i know bob dylan covered baby let me follow you down, and thats 1 of my fav dylan songs, but i could never find any of his stuff to hear

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
I don't know...maybe it's my upbringing, but I've never respected Elvis much at all, and I feel that he was extremely overrated as a singer and star. This might start a war on here, and I know for fact that some people here know much more about him than I will ever (care to) know. I just know that me and most people I know admire and respect MJ, James Brown, and even Prince MUCH, MUCH MORE than they ever will Elvis.

No wars being started. You just don't listen to that music. James Brown would equate Elvis's talent with his own. Is Brown being an idiot when he says that? How much of the old RnB do you relly listen to. I'm not talking about the MoTown Pop. I mean Big Mama Thornton, Howlin Wolf, Chuck Berry, Arthur Cruddup  etc. My guess is you only listen to that stuff when it show up in a movie. You may as well be juding metal singers. Or go to a Bob Dylan concert and ask a bunch of 60 somethings who is the better rapper Rakim or Luda.

I am definitely familiar with all of these artists, since my dad is a Jazz musician who's in his 60's, but neither of us actively listen to this sound. I listen to Jazz that goes back further than that, but I don't listen to much R&B, Rock, or Soul that goes past the 60's...so my taste for that is a lot different. I have more of an ear for Jazz, so it is hard for me to even appreciate some of the musical compositions that Motown's "pop" had as you said, because it just won't hit you the same way if you are listening for more complex music.

That's what I was saying. People that are used to Marvin Gaye don't think much of Sinatra, and the people used to Sinatra don't think much of Gaye. I'm using kids of today as the example. Most of my black friends that grew up with MoTown in the house think Sinatra sucks. Most of my Italian friends that grew up with the Rat Pack in the house think Marvin Gaye sounds like a woman amd can't listen to it.

I think Sinatra and Marvin were dope as hell. I have music from both of them, but I would definitely prefer hearing Marvin. It is all different styles though, and it's hard to get into styles that don't have much in common.

I wasn't talking about you. You're jazz background would at least give you some apprecation of the crooners and big band stuff. Real fans of music who like and listen to almost everything will like both. The blacks and italians I was referring too aren't all that keen on studying music as it is. They are common fans of top 40 shit.

But you liking Sinatra makes me think you at least hear the talent of singing requred to perform that version of Bridge I posted. Did you hear it?

I am listening to it now...I've never heard it before. Yeah, this track is pretty cold. I didn't realize he had a strong voice like that.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »
interesting yall mention Sinatra..coz he once said if theres anyone a better singer than he is, its MJ !

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »
interesting yall mention Sinatra..coz he once said if theres anyone a better singer than he is, its MJ !

Sinatra started going crazy in the 80s and 90s. I've seen performances where he was forgetting the words to the chorus of New York New York, so hearing that he said something like that doesn't surprise me. Hell he was probably looking at a picture of Michael Jordan when he said "that kid MJ sings better than me".

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »
sinatra did the duets album before he died!

that is michael jordan yea

u're an idiot! and stop with tha off topic already...

the topic is MJ -for all time!

yea i got it..MJ is not a good dancer (while all the best dancers in the world said he is amazing)

yea MJ is not a good singer (while all the greatest singers said he is amazing & are his fans--from rick james  (rip) to Prince)

if u like it or not...9 year ol Mj sang better than all yall favorite singers!!...and he can sing higher also!

he sang...got signed to motown..went solo and became the biggest superstar of all time! not just coz he had people around him and was there at the right time and right place...BUT COZ HE GOT TALENT!!! and if u don't see that he is one of the most talented people that ever lived u are blind!!

only idiots and strange people don't like MJ!
np,u can hate on him...but u can't hate his talent!!!
with his entertainment,it cant get no bigger! this is maximum for this world...MJ!! and there will never be nobody like him again!
and dont tell me u aint hatin...COZ U ARE!!!!!!!u disrespect him & his talent & music!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:48:49 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
Dear MJ:

I wrote you u're still not callin!  I left my cell, my myspace, and home number on the bottom!

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2008, 04:20:56 PM »
Dear MJ:

I wrote you u're still not callin!  I left my cell, my myspace, and home number on the bottom!

now thats ignorant!!

i don't know what u live for...but for me..music is my number 1 thing in life...so i like to talk about it...

we are not talkin about fans here..and stans...but about TALENT!!! nothin else!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:22:51 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

RECOGNIZE187

Re: Michael Jackson
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »
he just got an award for thriller ! NRJ music awards..france...

check the speech

PS: ill make this a MICHAEL JACKSON thread..for all the news!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Michael Jackson -NEWS
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2008, 09:22:26 AM »
I got moonwalker on DVD.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: Michael Jackson
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
he just got an award for thriller ! NRJ music awards..france...

check the speech

PS: ill make this a MICHAEL JACKSON thread..for all the news!

Is this recent??
Lol At MJ winning awards,when he ain't released anything new in awhile...
pretty good though!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
this was 2 days ago yea...well it was life time achievement!
he said he workin on thriller 25

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2008, 08:42:02 AM »
this was 2 days ago yea...well it was life time achievement!
he said he workin on thriller 25

How Many Life Time awards will this Dude win???
t's getting ridiculous...

What's up with Dudes voice..sounds like he got sumthin in his mouth...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:45:49 AM by Mackin4Life-Lone Wolf Of Dubcc »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2008, 08:44:47 AM »
a lot  :D ..well he deserves it...and since thriller 25 is coming...its cool he got 1 more!

PLAN:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »
a lot  :D ..well he deserves it...and since thriller 25 is coming...its cool he got 1 more!

PLAN:

Michael Jackson w/ Akon
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Celebrating the Thriller 25th Anniversary of the World's Biggest Selling Album of All Time

New CD Re-Package Available 2.12.08

The World's Biggest Album just got bigger featuring previously unreleased tracks with will.i.am, Fergie, Kayne West and Akon

Feb.3 Super Bowl XLII TV Spot

Feb.10 Grammy Tribute featuring will.i.am, Akon and Fergie

Mid-Feb. BET Honors include a tribute to Michael Jackson

Thriller 25 MySpace and Facebook launch January

Massive Press, TV, Radio, Online and Outdoor Advertising campaign to launch Feb. 1

SMh...Out of anybody..why Akon???
Why Fergie???
Why  Kanye???

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
coz they are on thriller 25...coz they showed love and support in tha last years for MJ...
and coz they are realy popular nowdays & good producers