Author Topic: Michael Jackson official thread! -all the NEWS  (Read 2408 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Michael Jackson official thread! -all the NEWS
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
I've been a big fan of Michael's for years, but don't expect a new album anytime soon.  It's just simply not going to happen.  He takes entirely too long to record, and he's obviously moved into a part of his life where he's comfortable letting the younger crowd run the airwaves while he enjoys his children.  I don't really blame him.  He's getting older, his music will never be as successful as it once was, and he doesn't have the hunger to record at the level he did earlier in his career.  When he recorded "Thriller" he worked 15-20 hour days, beating Quincy to the studio every day and staying long after he left.  He's not going to spend that kind of energy on any new projects. 

With that said though, a true entertainer goes through many seasons, he's already waned and waxed at least 3 times; once as a child in the Jackson 5, then they kind of faded away a little bit, then again with his huge success from thriller through "dangerous", then  again in the late 90's and early 2000's with all the contraversy. 

Frank Sinatra was huge 3 different times, in the 50's as a crooner, in the 60's as an older man with the rat pack, and then again in the 80's as a legend. 

When Michael's children get a little older, I wouldn't be surprised that their youth and energy will remind him of how he once was, and we'll see another chapter in all this. 

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »
In the Feb 7 issue of Rolling Stone, Akon talks about a second collabration with Michael called Hold My Hand. It will be on the rapper's new album Acquitted (due in May). "This one's a global smash," Akon says of the collaboration.

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »
ive got the album today!present in my mail 8) very nice ;D cd's are golden,cover is nice.
very curious about the dvd..

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2008, 08:45:54 AM »
ive got the album today!present in my mail 8) very nice ;D cd's are golden,cover is nice.

whats on the dvd ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2008, 04:51:52 AM »

whats on the dvd ?

Dvd the short films:

1-Billie Jean
2-Beat it
3-Thriller
4-Billie Jean-The legendary Performance from Motown 25: Yesterday,Today and Forever

Inlay:  Short thanks of MJ, Pictures,Songtexts of all songs,Credits,History Recording and recording-dates,Prices

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:54:22 AM by The Sorrow aka Maurice »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2008, 05:40:03 AM »
I wonder if Mj ever takes a look back at his old Pics adn think...'darn..Bubbles I kinda Messed Up,but that's between me and you,keep it in the closet'.. ;D ;D

I'm getting this Cd next week..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »
I wonder if Mj ever takes a look back at his old Pics adn think...'darn..Bubbles I kinda Messed Up,but that's between me and you,keep it in the closet'.. ;D ;D

I'm getting this Cd next week..

lol that was a good one

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2008, 12:27:42 AM »
amazing..since its 25 years old album..

Michael Jackson's "Thriller 25" is the highest-charting catalog album in the history of the comprehensive survey.

February 21, 2008,
Fred Bronson
KING OF POP (CATALOG): In its original run, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was on The Billboard 200 for 122 weeks, 37 of which were spent at No. 1.

With the re-entry of a silver anniversary edition, the rechristened "Thriller 25" (Legacy/Epic) is in its 112th week on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart and is No. 1 on that tally for the first time.

"Thriller" debuted on The Billboard 200 the week of Dec. 25, 1982. The album made its first appearance on the catalog chart the week of Nov. 14, 1992, entering at No. 42. It didn't reach the top 10 until the week of Feb. 27, 1993, when it leapt 26-2. It remained No. 2 the following week but never equaled or surpassed that ranking until this week.

The re-entry of "Thriller" puts the classic album back on the catalog chart for the first time since the week of May 12, 2007.

There aren't many 49-year-old performers who can say they have been on the Billboard charts for almost 40 years, but Michael can. As a member of the Jackson 5, he made his chart debut the week of Nov. 15, 1969, when "I Want You Back" bowed on The Billboard Hot 100. That gives Michael a career chart span of 38 years, three months and two weeks.

A final note: on the Top Comprehensive Albums chart, where catalog titles mix with current best-sellers, "Thriller 25" debuts at No. 2, runner-up to Jack Johnson's "Sleep Through the Static" (Brushfire), which is also No. 1 on The Billboard 200. "Thriller 25" is the highest-charting catalog album in the history of the comprehensive survey.

When is the second highest selling album of the week nowhere to be found in the top 200?
There used to be a number of reasons but now it's down to one: When the disc has been classified as a catalog release.
The 25th anniversary edition of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (Epic/Legacy) sold 166,000 copies in its first week of release, which would make it the second biggest seller of the week that ended Sunday. Despite it containing a DVD and five newly reworked versions of the songs, it is considered a catalog release by Billboard, which categorizes sales data collected by Nielsen SoundScan.
In much of the rest of the world it has been categorized as a new release and debuted at No. 1 in France, No. 2 in Germany, Australia, Holland, Norway and Switzerland, and No. 3 in the U.K. “Thriller,” which has sold 27 million copies, is No. 1 on Billboard’s catalog chart. Most catalog chart toppers sell between 15,000 and 20,000 copies per week.
Last year, Billboard eliminated its rule that barred from the top 200, releases available at a single retailer. That was in response to the Eagles selling more than 700,000 copies of "Long Road to Eden" at Wal-Mart outlets.
Billboard continues to make decisions on bonus packages that mystify many people in the industry. In many cases, a major star - Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, etc. - can release a second version of a hit album that includes new songs, new mixes and videos, but its sales are included with the initial release.
Other discs - and this often affects soundtracks - are almost always split between regular and deluxe editions, regardless of their time of release. There have been exceptions, though, and that seems to drive some execs bonkers. Just like the folks who want the world to know "Thriller 25" is the No. 2 seller in the country.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:30:33 AM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Blu Lacez

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
I just bought this album!
It's nice!
The new remixes are not bad!..The 'PYT' by Wiil.I.Am is funky enuff..but does not touch the Og!