Author Topic: Michael Jackson official thread! -all the NEWS  (Read 2407 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Michael Jackson - For all time (2008)
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 02:22:05 PM »
i think to compare michaels voice to elvis' is outragous, ill give you at least 10 better singers than Michael,

It's pointless man trust me. The guy is an MJ nut. He would let MJ babysit his young son could walk in on MJ sticking his penis inside the kid's mouth and not only be okay with it but spin it like it was a great thing to happen. Look how he went on about the name.

For the record the average high school band leader in 60s Detroit, the ones that never got record deals, were better singers than MJ, and better singers than any current black male with a record contrant.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »
michael jackson or elvis?.....fuck the elvis shit, imma pick up a mj cd everytime over that shit....its all about opinions...we all know who the groupies and low life haters on this site are when it comes to mj but as far as im concerned and sooo many millions and millions of people from all over the world, mj is one of the greatest to ever do it.

whether u like his songs, dancing and so on....don't really matter because no doubt there is so much genius in his entertainment that really trying to argue otherwise gets really boring....his one of the best ever, period

pz

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »
i think to compare michaels voice to elvis' is outragous, ill give you at least 10 better singers than Michael,

It's pointless man trust me. The guy is an MJ nut. He would let MJ babysit his young son could walk in on MJ sticking his penis inside the kid's mouth and not only be okay with it but spin it like it was a great thing to happen. Look how he went on about the name.

For the record the average high school band leader in 60s Detroit, the ones that never got record deals, were better singers than MJ, and better singers than any current black male with a record contrant.

Nobody is disputing that!

However what is apparent is, that MJ was given the opportunity to shine he was given the chance to sing and a a chance to perform,
This he did with all gusto,and proved to the folks that gave him a shot,that they were right when they picked Him
That much is undeniable, Dude did A GREAT JOB.
All Rumors and scandals aside!!

Contract or no Contact..what matters is what you do with the opportunity that you are given...

It's Just unfortunate that Recognize is displaying a little too much emotion..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »

just think how much better they are than the current crop of white singers then
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:17:48 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »

everybody has their own taste! some would say some Opera singers have better voice!

i was talkin about his VOICE!!! the way it sounds...not that he is better singer!
 even when he speaks...
maybe u can say there are better singers...but that is your opinion!

mike's voice is beautiful!!! others is not!they can be better singers but  i can't imagine other singers singin ballads like she out of my life,lady in my life and human nature,liberian girl...
With mike it's just so natural...and when he sings high...
i dont know..it just sounds so special ...

why u think MJ's music made so many people cry?? coz it touches u! his voice!

for example this acapella!

he's just too charismatic

u can have millions of better singers than MJ...but nobody has such a nice/beautiiul/natural voice!!!that's my point!!!

its like when other says 2pac is not the greatest!! well,others might have better flow and lyrics..but it was somethin special about Pac...charisma,his voice,the person!!...get it??

everybody has their own style and voice...in pop rock soul and so on...from bruce springstin to elton jon! but for me, MJ has the best voice and is the best singer ever! its jut my opinion...and since he sold the most records its not only mine opinion
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:22:08 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
What's larger? The number of exclamation points Recognize has typed or the number of albums Michael Jackson has recorded?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:15:02 PM by Mr. Javii »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »

man...i know what i like..and what is good!i aint no nut!!
 i listen to hardcore gangsta shit ,old school...
i don't listen to pop and rnb!!
only MJ...so it must be somethin special about him don't u think?

if u don't put MJ in your top 10 greatest singers its somethin wrong with u!
i guess yall also think stevie wonder is nothin special right??
then u are saying all this white guys...phill collins,bilie joel are better then MJ...,LOL!!
im white...dont worry...but black people HAVE BETTER SINGIN VOICE!!! ok!!the way it sounds!!
 when it comes to SOUL,RNB,BLUES and so  on!
even elvis stole rock and roll from the black people!!

if u dont know ,mj is the king of pop rock and soul!!

don't really matter lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 04:29:26 PM »

That's a given though. In Blues based rock/pop music black people always did it better vocally. If we're talking Opera then it's a differet story. White singers haven't really gotten any worse though in the last 30 or 40 years. Black males have really fallen off. Usher or Akon wouldn't wim a high school singing competition in the 50s and 60s. And they are setting the tone for record deals these days.

And why hate on Elvis's voice? The guy had talent and soul. Listen to his 70s live stuff. His cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water is beyond anything MJ is capable of singing. You can dig MJ's songs more than Elvis's fine, that's a matter of the time you grew up in most likely, but as far as the instrument in concerned I don't think MJ comes close. You can easily make the argument of Dre being a better producer than Primo based on taste but most who prefer Dre wouldn't dream of saying he's a better DJ than Preem.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 04:32:45 PM »

The guy had talent and soul. Listen to his 70s live stuff. His cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water is beyond anything MJ is capable of singing.

u on crack seriously! i guess u didn't hear 90 % of mj's music!

all the singers on motown were better then elvis!! and others..like jackie wilson,marvin gaye,curstis mayfield and so on!
i dont even like his voice

9 year old mike sang beer then elvis!!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
I think Michaels' singing abilities are very underrated.  When people talk about him, they talk about his dancing, his whole persona, but the fact is the guy is an incredible singer.  To say he's less than average or that a band leader could smoke him is rediculous.  Michael has got to have one of the greatest voices of all time, his versatility is so insane that there have only been 3 or 4 cover songs recorded by major artists of his work, even though he's had hit after hit, nobody else sings them live or re-records them?  The reason is most of his stuff the average singer cannot attempt to cover.  He can sing any genre from R&B to Gospel to Rock, to Heavy Metal to Pop to even songs that have country influences.  Look how easily he switches between pop, hiphop, and heavy metal in shit like "black or white".  If you want to talk shit about him, you can't honestly with an open mind say the man can't sing.  He can sing smooth, rough, falsetto, high, low, the man can be Gerald Levert, Usher, Stephen Tyler, and Luther Vandross on the same song.  He's simply an incredible performer on every measurable level.

Now to compare him vocally to Elvis is rediculous.  Elvis I would say is the greatest pop singer of all time.  He's another guy with an incredible versatility, only his upper limits included operatic performances, he was simply on another planet.  

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 04:39:40 PM »
check this ..Mj singin live.

and another one (LOL..check the singer SEAL how he looks at MJ LOL)

for me he is the best! and nobody comes close..sorry :)

don't know why..i never liked elvis LOL..his voice
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:44:05 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »

then u are saying all this white guys...phill collins,bilie joel are better then MJ...,LOL!!
im white...dont worry...but black people HAVE BETTER SINGIN VOICE!!! ok!!the way it sounds!!

don't really matter lol

I never said they were better (Joel, Elton, Collins). I said same in my eyes. Stevie is above all those guys. The proof is in the pudding. His body of work is at another level than Phil Collins or MJ. Same goes for Prince. Guys like Prince, Dylan, Stevie, Springsteen, Hendrix, created art for art, for expression. They wanted to say something important, both lyrically and musically. MJ, Collins, Joel, Elton were more concerned about success and making hits. Fun song that every can love. Simpler songs.

Like you said, you only listen to MJ outside of rap. What is MJ to you? Childhood. I'm guessing you were born between '78 and '86, maybe a later but not earlier. Everyone has childhood heroes. First memories. Soft spots. If you grew up in the 50s it probably would have been Elvis just because he was the big star and nostalgia would take over. 80s kids have soft sports for MJ, girls for Madonna, Nintendo, Hulk Hogan. But people that were born in 68 or 70 don't feel the same about those things. They have their own memories.

You like Hip Hop right. MJ is to RnB and Pop what Eminem is to Rap. The biggest star. Not the best talent. MJ is closer to Nelly than he is to Nas. If you explore more music, Rock and Roll, RnB, I think you'll see that.

Trauma's gay lover.... Bubba Jo

• Lil Geezy
  • JESUS JUICE
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »

It's pointless man trust me. The guy is an MJ nut. He would let MJ babysit his young son could walk in on MJ sticking his penis inside the kid's mouth and not only be okay with it but spin it like it was a great thing to happen.

Just because this is my Trauma Bears dream, that doesn't make him a bad guy silly.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »

don't really matter lol

I never said they were better (Joel, Elton, Collins). I said same in my eyes. Stevie is above all those guys. The proof is in the pudding. His body of work is at another level than Phil Collins or MJ. Same goes for Prince. Guys like Prince, Dylan, Stevie, Springsteen, Hendrix, created art for art, for expression. They wanted to say something important, both lyrically and musically. MJ, Collins, Joel, Elton were more concerned about success and making hits. Fun song that every can love. Simpler songs.

Like you said, you only listen to MJ outside of rap. What is MJ to you? Childhood. I'm guessing you were born between '78 and '86, maybe a later but not earlier. Everyone has childhood heroes. First memories. Soft spots. If you grew up in the 50s it probably would have been Elvis just because he was the big star and nostalgia would take over. 80s kids have soft sports for MJ, girls for Madonna, Nintendo, Hulk Hogan. But people that were born in 68 or 70 don't feel the same about those things. They have their own memories.

You like Hip Hop right. MJ is to RnB and Pop what Eminem is to Rap. The biggest star. Not the best talent. MJ is closer to Nelly than he is to Nas. If you explore more music, Rock and Roll, RnB, I think you'll see that.

MJ has fans from the age of 12 to 70 man..so dont matter...real recognize real!
i know what u mean...but it was not always about hits with ;MJ...go and listen to his album HISTORY from 1995!!
the thing is..yea i grew up with MJ..but i still like him today!!coz he is so good..and everything he did is perfect..u have to see it and listen!! while others...for example like PRINCE...90 % of his music sucks!! i listened to his new album...i only liked 1 track!

i had my eyes ears and brains...and at the time i first saw MJ ,i also so all the other singers!SO HOW COME I ONLY REALLY LIKED MJ!!??
coz others had a few cool songs...while everything MJ did was cool! i guess...
i could have some other idol...but no...i had MJ!! why?? i guess coz he was good! so my opinion is he is still the best! and nothin can change that :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:05:00 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »
I think Michaels' singing abilities are very underrated.  When people talk about him, they talk about his dancing, his whole persona, but the fact is the guy is an incredible singer.  To say he's less than average or that a band leader could smoke him is rediculous.  Michael has got to have one of the greatest voices of all time, his versatility is so insane that there have only been 3 or 4 cover songs recorded by major artists of his work, even though he's had hit after hit, nobody else sings them live or re-records them?  The reason is most of his stuff the average singer cannot attempt to cover.  He can sing any genre from R&B to Gospel to Rock, to Heavy Metal to Pop to even songs that have country influences.  Look how easily he switches between pop, hiphop, and heavy metal in shit like "black or white".  If you want to talk shit about him, you can't honestly with an open mind say the man can't sing.  He can sing smooth, rough, falsetto, high, low, the man can be Gerald Levert, Usher, Stephen Tyler, and Luther Vandross on the same song.  He's simply an incredible performer on every measurable level.

Now to compare him vocally to Elvis is rediculous.  Elvis I would say is the greatest pop singer of all time.  He's another guy with an incredible versatility, only his upper limits included operatic performances, he was simply on another planet. 

He can sing just fine. When I sad Band leader I meant lead singers to all those groups lie the Temptations in Detroit that never got deals. MoTown the city had incredible talent no one ever heard. The problem is they all sounded like David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks. I mean exactly like they sound. And as much as I like  MJ's voice I'll never say it's as good as Ruffin's or Kendricks'.

Recognize. You've never even heard Elvis cover or Bridge.

P.S. Chris Cornell did a phenominal cover of Billie Jean on his last acoustic tour.