Author Topic: Michael Jackson official thread! -all the NEWS  (Read 2417 times)

RECOGNIZE187

Re: Michael Jackson - For all time (2008)
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
I think Michaels' singing abilities are very underrated.  When people talk about him, they talk about his dancing, his whole persona, but the fact is the guy is an incredible singer.  To say he's less than average or that a band leader could smoke him is rediculous.  Michael has got to have one of the greatest voices of all time, his versatility is so insane that there have only been 3 or 4 cover songs recorded by major artists of his work, even though he's had hit after hit, nobody else sings them live or re-records them?  The reason is most of his stuff the average singer cannot attempt to cover.  He can sing any genre from R&B to Gospel to Rock, to Heavy Metal to Pop to even songs that have country influences.  Look how easily he switches between pop, hiphop, and heavy metal in shit like "black or white".  If you want to talk shit about him, you can't honestly with an open mind say the man can't sing.  He can sing smooth, rough, falsetto, high, low, the man can be Gerald Levert, Usher, Stephen Tyler, and Luther Vandross on the same song.  He's simply an incredible performer on every measurable level.

Now to compare him vocally to Elvis is rediculous.  Elvis I would say is the greatest pop singer of all time.  He's another guy with an incredible versatility, only his upper limits included operatic performances, he was simply on another planet. 

He can sing just fine. When I sad Band leader I meant lead singers to all those groups lie the Temptations in Detroit that never got deals. MoTown the city had incredible talent no one ever heard. The problem is they all sounded like David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks. I mean exactly like they sound. And as much as I like  MJ's voice I'll never say it's as good as Ruffin's or Kendricks'.

Recognize. You've never even heard Elvis cover or Bridge.

P.S. Chris Cornell did a phenominal cover of Billie Jean on his last acoustic tour.

yea i heard...even jackson 5 sang that song...Jermaine...

yall said MJ is not in your top 10 so i cant take yall serious..really...somethin is wrong with yall LOL
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:54:37 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »
i think to compare michaels voice to elvis' is outragous, ill give you at least 10 better singers than Michael,

It's pointless man trust me. The guy is an MJ nut. He would let MJ babysit his young son could walk in on MJ sticking his penis inside the kid's mouth and not only be okay with it but spin it like it was a great thing to happen. Look how he went on about the name.

For the record the average high school band leader in 60s Detroit, the ones that never got record deals, were better singers than MJ, and better singers than any current black male with a record contrant.

man...i know what i like..and what is good!i aint no nut!!
 i listen to hardcore gangsta shit ,old school...
i don't listen to pop and rnb!!
only MJ...so it must be somethin special about him don't u think?

if u don't put MJ in your top 10 greatest singers its somethin wrong with u!
i guess yall also think stevie wonder is nothin special right??
then u are saying all this white guys...phill collins,bilie joel are better then MJ...,LOL!!
im white...dont worry...but black people HAVE BETTER SINGIN VOICE!!! ok!!the way it sounds!!
 when it comes to SOUL,RNB,BLUES and so  on!
even elvis stole rock and roll from the black people!!

if u dont know ,mj is the king of pop rock and soul!!

don't really matter lol

I never said they were better (Joel, Elton, Collins). I said same in my eyes. Stevie is above all those guys. The proof is in the pudding. His body of work is at another level than Phil Collins or MJ. Same goes for Prince. Guys like Prince, Dylan, Stevie, Springsteen, Hendrix, created art for art, for expression. They wanted to say something important, both lyrically and musically. MJ, Collins, Joel, Elton were more concerned about success and making hits. Fun song that every can love. Simpler songs.

Like you said, you only listen to MJ outside of rap. What is MJ to you? Childhood. I'm guessing you were born between '78 and '86, maybe a later but not earlier. Everyone has childhood heroes. First memories. Soft spots. If you grew up in the 50s it probably would have been Elvis just because he was the big star and nostalgia would take over. 80s kids have soft sports for MJ, girls for Madonna, Nintendo, Hulk Hogan. But people that were born in 68 or 70 don't feel the same about those things. They have their own memories.

You like Hip Hop right. MJ is to RnB and Pop what Eminem is to Rap. The biggest star. Not the best talent. MJ is closer to Nelly than he is to Nas. If you explore more music, Rock and Roll, RnB, I think you'll see that.

MJ has fans from the age of 12 to 70 man..so dont matter...real recognize real!
i know what u mean...but it was not always about hits with ;MJ...go and listen to his album HISTORY from 1995!!
the thing is..yea i grew up with MJ..but i still like him today!!coz he is so good..and everything he did is perfect..u have to see it and listen!! while others...for example like PRINCE...90 % of his music sucks!! i listened to his new album...i only liked 1 track!

I've listened to everything MJ has ever released. Even the solo Motown stuff in the 70s. Believe or not. I'm a big fan. 12 to 70 isn't the same as the kids of the 80s. 12 year olds as a whole don't like the sings as much as 25 yar old. Neither do 70 year olds. Go to 50 black people over the age of 70 and ask them who was better MJ or Elvis. I did it once to win a bet. 48 said Elvis. We tried the same thing with blacks under 30; 1 said Elvis and we was weird.

You think 90% of Prince's Music sucks. I think Prince's worst stuff is better than 90% of MJ's music.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 04:55:15 PM »
I think Michaels' singing abilities are very underrated.  When people talk about him, they talk about his dancing, his whole persona, but the fact is the guy is an incredible singer.  To say he's less than average or that a band leader could smoke him is rediculous.  Michael has got to have one of the greatest voices of all time, his versatility is so insane that there have only been 3 or 4 cover songs recorded by major artists of his work, even though he's had hit after hit, nobody else sings them live or re-records them?  The reason is most of his stuff the average singer cannot attempt to cover.  He can sing any genre from R&B to Gospel to Rock, to Heavy Metal to Pop to even songs that have country influences.  Look how easily he switches between pop, hiphop, and heavy metal in shit like "black or white".  If you want to talk shit about him, you can't honestly with an open mind say the man can't sing.  He can sing smooth, rough, falsetto, high, low, the man can be Gerald Levert, Usher, Stephen Tyler, and Luther Vandross on the same song.  He's simply an incredible performer on every measurable level.

Now to compare him vocally to Elvis is rediculous.  Elvis I would say is the greatest pop singer of all time.  He's another guy with an incredible versatility, only his upper limits included operatic performances, he was simply on another planet. 

He can sing just fine. When I sad Band leader I meant lead singers to all those groups lie the Temptations in Detroit that never got deals. MoTown the city had incredible talent no one ever heard. The problem is they all sounded like David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks. I mean exactly like they sound. And as much as I like  MJ's voice I'll never say it's as good as Ruffin's or Kendricks'.

P.S. Chris Cornell did a phenominal cover of Billie Jean on his last acoustic tour.

yall said MJ is not in your top 10 so i cant take yall serious..really...somethin is wrong with yall LOL

Prove to me that you heard it.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »
i think to compare michaels voice to elvis' is outragous, ill give you at least 10 better singers than Michael,

It's pointless man trust me. The guy is an MJ nut. He would let MJ babysit his young son could walk in on MJ sticking his penis inside the kid's mouth and not only be okay with it but spin it like it was a great thing to happen. Look how he went on about the name.

For the record the average high school band leader in 60s Detroit, the ones that never got record deals, were better singers than MJ, and better singers than any current black male with a record contrant.

man...i know what i like..and what is good!i aint no nut!!
 i listen to hardcore gangsta shit ,old school...
i don't listen to pop and rnb!!
only MJ...so it must be somethin special about him don't u think?

if u don't put MJ in your top 10 greatest singers its somethin wrong with u!
i guess yall also think stevie wonder is nothin special right??
then u are saying all this white guys...phill collins,bilie joel are better then MJ...,LOL!!
im white...dont worry...but black people HAVE BETTER SINGIN VOICE!!! ok!!the way it sounds!!
 when it comes to SOUL,RNB,BLUES and so  on!
even elvis stole rock and roll from the black people!!

if u dont know ,mj is the king of pop rock and soul!!

don't really matter lol

I never said they were better (Joel, Elton, Collins). I said same in my eyes. Stevie is above all those guys. The proof is in the pudding. His body of work is at another level than Phil Collins or MJ. Same goes for Prince. Guys like Prince, Dylan, Stevie, Springsteen, Hendrix, created art for art, for expression. They wanted to say something important, both lyrically and musically. MJ, Collins, Joel, Elton were more concerned about success and making hits. Fun song that every can love. Simpler songs.

Like you said, you only listen to MJ outside of rap. What is MJ to you? Childhood. I'm guessing you were born between '78 and '86, maybe a later but not earlier. Everyone has childhood heroes. First memories. Soft spots. If you grew up in the 50s it probably would have been Elvis just because he was the big star and nostalgia would take over. 80s kids have soft sports for MJ, girls for Madonna, Nintendo, Hulk Hogan. But people that were born in 68 or 70 don't feel the same about those things. They have their own memories.

You like Hip Hop right. MJ is to RnB and Pop what Eminem is to Rap. The biggest star. Not the best talent. MJ is closer to Nelly than he is to Nas. If you explore more music, Rock and Roll, RnB, I think you'll see that.

MJ has fans from the age of 12 to 70 man..so dont matter...real recognize real!
i know what u mean...but it was not always about hits with ;MJ...go and listen to his album HISTORY from 1995!!
the thing is..yea i grew up with MJ..but i still like him today!!coz he is so good..and everything he did is perfect..u have to see it and listen!! while others...for example like PRINCE...90 % of his music sucks!! i listened to his new album...i only liked 1 track!

I've listened to everything MJ has ever released. Even the solo Motown stuff in the 70s. Believe or not. I'm a big fan. 12 to 70 isn't the same as the kids of the 80s. 12 year olds as a whole don't like the sings as much as 25 yar old. Neither do 70 year olds. Go to 50 black people over the age of 70 and ask them who was better MJ or Elvis. I did it once to win a bet. 48 said Elvis. We tried the same thing with blacks under 30; 1 said Elvis and we was weird.

You think 90% of Prince's Music sucks. I think Prince's worst stuff is better than 90% of MJ's music.

LOL..u said u a big fan and u sayin stuff that he he average singer OMG!! and u sad the same about dancing lol

listen...michael made some of the most beautiful songs ever!! of all time!!!

while prince only has purple rain that is a classic...and kiss!...i listened to princes last few albums...and i only liked a few tracks on his albums!

i like prince...but when it comes to singin..its not natural...when he is singin...when he screams like a girl! all his stuff is about sex...
he sounds like a rapper ..he has a deep voice...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:00:55 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »

Prove to me that you heard it.

i went to you tube lol..i saw a live clip LOL

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
i never said i didnt like michaels voice, hes in top 15 or 20 of all time, and stevie wonder is amazing, he can make some beautiful touching songs and some incredible records., and he plays like every instrument!

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
its all good on the end...we all have our own taste and opinion!

but the fact is ,that in the industry MJ's vocals are copied far more than any other singer..his style..they all wanna sound like mike!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:38:33 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

but the fact is ,that in the industry MJ's vocals are copied far more than any other singer..his style..they all wanna sound like mike!

I agree there. All the current black singers who suck copy MJ. I liked it better when they all copied Little Richard. Everyone sang better then.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »

I agree there. All the current black singers who suck copy MJ. I liked it better when they all copied Little Richard. Everyone sang better then.

dude the fuck is your problem and black people man? would u please shut the fuck up with that shiit, u really dont know shit about black people apart from making general claims about a large set of ppl, and going over the top with them....i hope u really do not mean some of the bullshit u say because u sound like a kid who got his ass whopped by a black kid half your age in everything u ever competed in. By the way that was not intended as some immature internet beef shit, im just saying...your shit is played out with the whole speakin on something them comparing it to black talent shit...i mean its nice being black and knowin there is so much talent out, but just speak to the dude proper and dont keep bringing black people up...shiiiit,lol....i dont really know how u can have a serious convo with recognize anyways about mj....his like the opposite end of scale when it comes to his feelings for mj in comparison to you....maybe thats why u can, i dunno...its better to have a balance, u want to speak about mj, come holla at me, we can have a real convo....

U really asked 70 black people about who they prefer from elvis and mj? i don't know what to think of that but i guess if that is what u gotta do, then do it,lol....

about the elvis shit, i just prefer michael jackson music, if i had to put a list of ppl of talent in order i would put mj over elvis, i just dig his shit so much more...i know loads of people who love elvis from all backgrounds so i got no real hate towards him but i guess i feel to elvis like u do to michael....if that makes sense.....

and about black singers and white singers of mainstream today and of the past...i agree pretty much all black artists have had better vioces and u claim they have fallen off big time...i agree to a certain extent but its not the potential in there vioces...its the direction they chooose, everything is much easier now.

and im not sayin all white cats cannot have great vocals, my comment was bordering on weak as was yours about the average 60's rock band in detriot high schools....i know the talent back then was crazy but if u really believe that with all your heart there really is no point talking with me because whilst there was some crazy talent back then, its not like there are not people with great vioces today either and talent....i see your just putting emphasis on what you're trying to say but still....lets not go OTT.......and whilst black cats may have fallen off they still have much better talent and vioces than alot of white cats still so it just shows how high the bar was raised before and how difficult it is to keep it at that level....

as for usher whether u like him or not, the cat really does have a great vioce and talent....alot of poeople will fail to recognize that on this board because they cannot relate to his shit but its truth, the guy is actually talented and can hit some crazy notes with his vioce and improved with age, dude is talented without doubt.....u want to talk about someone with a mj copycat who sucks, speak on timberlake....dude is a producers puppet and a media barbie doll, nuttin more....truth....wanna speak on talent, speak on alicia keys....PLEASE do not speak on beyonce....she always tryna be the cat whos hot right now whilst alicia is old school raw talent....

there will always be talent out there....like now sooo much talent will not get signed because they have a limit on how many cats can get signed and how marketable someone is to a record company so talent will always be missed so there is no point on speaking on those who never made it, speak on cats who did.....

to me mj is a great, top 10 of all times....billie jean is arguebaly on of the greatest songs ever made imo.....u can walk through a mall and they have all sorts of wack shit on and then a mj joint comes on and people of all ages start singing with it, cats start trying to moonwalk to it, its crazy....and i speak of this after just witnissing it just 2-3 days back....michael is loved everywhere but he also ruined himself and let himself get played alot too....

anyways if i don't reply to your reply its because i'm real busy these days so if i got time, imma holla back if not, just post what u got to say and i'll read it.....

and one note back to topic.....the remixes are TERRIBLE.....imo....how anyone can fuck with classics is beyond me....u either gots to be really confident and have great belief in your ability or be really stupid....i dunno....leave that for others to decide but i'd rather hear a new album than this....thriller sold over 50 million worldwide, thats amazing....everyone heard the record but how about come with someshit nobody heard before....but i dont want no kanye west produced cd,lol....id rather hear mj make the cd himself than that....should do neptunes and timberland i think, quincy and dre?lol....

anyways whats the word on his new album? is there one coming?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:02 AM »
I don't know...maybe it's my upbringing, but I've never respected Elvis much at all, and I feel that he was extremely overrated as a singer and star. This might start a war on here, and I know for fact that some people here know much more about him than I will ever (care to) know. I just know that me and most people I know admire and respect MJ, James Brown, and even Prince MUCH, MUCH MORE than they ever will Elvis.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:41 AM »
This sucks ass!!!big tie.....he just changed around that song call(HUAN NATURE)lack of creativity.fuck this shit....mike needs to sit his ass down,enjoy life,and stop playng with children. 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

Bitch please.  I've got album after album of Elvis', I've listened to concerts of his and have several on video.  I've heard his cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water, what the fuck you think you've got some shit on me because you've heard a POPULAR cover of a POPULAR song?  I said Elvis was a better singer than Michael, why don't you go back and fucking read, child.  I 'recognize' that I was listening to Elvis before you were born, how's that, bitch? 

Trauma-san

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 07:25:32 AM »
i never said i didnt like michaels voice, hes in top 15 or 20 of all time, and stevie wonder is amazing, he can make some beautiful touching songs and some incredible records., and he plays like every instrument!

Michael plays multiple instruments. He's of course not on Stevie's level, but I think you underestimate Michaels' talent. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2008, 07:30:46 AM »

Bitch please.  I've got album after album of Elvis', I've listened to concerts of his and have several on video.  I've heard his cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water, what the fuck you think you've got some shit on me because you've heard a POPULAR cover of a POPULAR song?  I said Elvis was a better singer than Michael, why don't you go back and fucking read, child.  I 'recognize' that I was listening to Elvis before you were born, how's that, bitch? 

I spelled Recognize with a "z" as in  RECOGNIZE187; the guy who said MJ wasa better singer. Did you have fun typing that tirade? BEcause I wasn't talking to you about Bridge. Of course you have heard it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2008, 07:35:25 AM »
I don't know...maybe it's my upbringing, but I've never respected Elvis much at all, and I feel that he was extremely overrated as a singer and star. This might start a war on here, and I know for fact that some people here know much more about him than I will ever (care to) know. I just know that me and most people I know admire and respect MJ, James Brown, and even Prince MUCH, MUCH MORE than they ever will Elvis.

That's just because you're ignorant to his contributions to Music.  Elvis Presley was HUGE, he changed the way music was made and had a much heavier, significant impact than MJ, James Brown and Prince combined.  A lot of Elvis' 'hate' comes from the black community because they've been told that Elvis was a racist.  All indications are that nothing could be farther from the truth, Elvis grew up in a black community, attended a black church as a child, and worked with black artists his entire career.  There's even a famous story of Elvis standing up for his black backup-singers on a trip to Texas once.  This was a man without a racist bone in his body, but because he was a white man capable of singing as well as any black man, he was often attacked and was hated because he could reach success that a black man often couldn't.  People looked at Elvis and said how come hes' the shit but nobody listens to Otis Redding?  While his success may have had something to do with being more 'acceptable' to White America than blacks were, you cannot knock the man's talent.  I believe if you actually researched and paid attention to Elvis's music, his life, and his contributions to music you would be flat out amazed at just how great he truly was.