Author Topic: Is 2008 the fall of the Republican Party - The Ron Paul factor  (Read 290 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Is 2008 the fall of the Republican Party - The Ron Paul factor
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
Now that I got your attention with Ron Paul in the title... lol... let's get serious, and yes Ron Paul will be mentioned.

In 1929, the stock market took a huge dive, and after almost 60 years of Republicans running the country, the party basically fall on it's self. In 1930, the party lost it's control on congress, and then 1932 Franklin Roosevelt reinvented the Democrat party and it would be 36 years before the Republicans truly had a true grip on the nation. Sure they had president Eisenhower, and even controlled congress for a couple of years, but mostly the Democrat agenda ran Washington, and government was expanding. In 1968, people became tired of the liberal agenda and as Richard Nixon like to say, the Silent Majority was speaking up. The Democrat party offical split after becoming so large in 1968, as the South went it's way, and the party's left wing was the main focus of the party. Though the major thing that prevented the Democrats from being a true minority party is that the party adjusted and retained control of congress for another 26 years. In 1980 the Republicans finally had a true voice as in the 70's neither party seemed to have truly different views as the Republicans were still big government, just not as big. 1980 Ronald Reagan lead his party to new reforms, and changed the Republican party forever, and even though Bill Clinton was president the Republican agenda ran Washington. The Democrat congress was so currupt that they learned to adjust, but in 1994 the public finally kicked them out, and Bill Clinton became the president that actually slowed down government's growth. Then George Bush was elected, and like reliving 1929, the economy is in the tank. Here is were we are now.'

On the Democrat side, you have Hillary, Obama and Edwards looking to change, Hillary is the establishment of the party, Obama represents the idealist left wing of the party, and Edwards is the champion of labor and the common man. On the Republican side, it's a complete and utter clusterfuck. Looking like the 1968 Democrats, each wing of the party is fully invested in this primary. Mitt Romney is the old money business man, Rudy is the neocon who leans left in social issues, Huckabee is the Evangelical gone wrong for the party and McCain is the pro-War person of the party, Ron Paul is the extreme right wing Libertarian. Also, like in 1968, there could be no person nominated by convention time, meaning that we could find out the party's nominee by back room deals and negotations. Last time this happened, the anti-war wing of the Democrat party sang we shall overcome as the establisment chose Hubert Humphrey and as riots were outside the Democrats shattered into three fractions, one of which went Republican and has never looked back (the South). Right now, the Republican party is hanging on threats. The NeoCons have had control really since Richard Nixon, as people like Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford had to juggle their views and the views of NeoCons. (would a small government figure like Reagan truly want a system like Star Wars... come on now) The NeoCons learn to control the Libertarian and Evangelical branches of the party, and hold the party together. They'll except someone like Romney, or Rudy as president, those are their type of president. Depending on how deep the division is in the Republican party, you could see someone break off and run independent, taking away party of the Republican vote and then causing the Democrats to win. (Ron Paul anybody) The only way to not have the Evangelicals to stay in the party is to put Huckabee as the VP, and there is even talk that is McCain wins you could see a Joe Liberman as a VP candidate once again. The Republicans are very split, and it might be a matter of time before the party folds on it's self. Their congressmen get caught in scandle after scandle, one even getting caught giving support to Al Quada. So their downfall is being foreseen, but as we go about the year the huge story is how. Will Ron Paul cause the Republican Party to die.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Is 2008 the fall of the Republican Party - The Ron Paul factor
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
If the Republican Party is to die, it won't be because of Ron Paul. It'll be because they're policy both domestic and foreign is destroying the country. Unfortunately most people won't do anything about it and/or will figure this out too late. At this point, I'd be happy if anyone but Hillary Clinton was chosen as the Democratic nominee to run for president.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:36:40 AM »
The republican party won't die because Ron Paul is here.  This has happened before, unfortunately people are too young to know that not everything going on in their lives is 'new'.  Ron Paul HIMSELF ran for president before.  There's been several 3rd party candidates running for president. 

Hey, is 2008 the fall of the democratic party?  Look @ what your congress has gotten done this year.  Nothing.  They caved to every fucking thing that George Bush asked them for.  Why? ... because the democrat party is not one of 'change', it's one of 'same ol, same ol' and their financial and social ideas are basically worthless.  Every platform they stand on isn't based in fairness, and holds no signs of effectiveness.  They want things like free health care, but anybody who looks at that can tell that it would ruin the health care system and actually make health care for individuals in the u.s. a clusterfuck.  What else do they want?  They want more money for schools, when you can see very easily that most other countrys spend less per child and have much better educated children.  Again, their ideas are not effective.  They push things like affirmative action, forcing employers to hire african americans when in fact what this essentially does is force african american's into a sub-par category in the eyes of employers.  The white guy doesn't need help to get hired, but the black guy does... legally?  Come on! That's the most racist shit I've ever heard.

So a good representation of this is the situation in congress; both the house and the senate ran by democrats, can't get a fucking thing accomplished because their ideas are communist and communism doesn't work well with democracy. 

So no, I don't think 2008 will ruin the republican party.  I think 2008 is going to be a great year for Republicans.  BY THE WAY, Bush is cutting our taxes in the form of a rebate in about 2 hours; everybody make sure to watch and see another republican principle get implemented.  He's also slashing taxes on the poorest of Americans, since republicans actually have solid concrete ways to help the poor instead of just talking about it and not delivering. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
The republican party won't die because Ron Paul is here.  This has happened before, unfortunately people are too young to know that not everything going on in their lives is 'new'.  Ron Paul HIMSELF ran for president before.  There's been several 3rd party candidates running for president. 

Hey, is 2008 the fall of the democratic party?  Look @ what your congress has gotten done this year.  Nothing.  They caved to every fucking thing that George Bush asked them for.  Why? ... because the democrat party is not one of 'change', it's one of 'same ol, same ol' and their financial and social ideas are basically worthless.  Every platform they stand on isn't based in fairness, and holds no signs of effectiveness.  They want things like free health care, but anybody who looks at that can tell that it would ruin the health care system and actually make health care for individuals in the u.s. a clusterfuck.  What else do they want?  They want more money for schools, when you can see very easily that most other countrys spend less per child and have much better educated children.  Again, their ideas are not effective.  They push things like affirmative action, forcing employers to hire african americans when in fact what this essentially does is force african american's into a sub-par category in the eyes of employers.  The white guy doesn't need help to get hired, but the black guy does... legally?  Come on! That's the most racist shit I've ever heard.

So a good representation of this is the situation in congress; both the house and the senate ran by democrats, can't get a fucking thing accomplished because their ideas are communist and communism doesn't work well with democracy. 

So no, I don't think 2008 will ruin the republican party.  I think 2008 is going to be a great year for Republicans.  BY THE WAY, Bush is cutting our taxes in the form of a rebate in about 2 hours; everybody make sure to watch and see another republican principle get implemented.  He's also slashing taxes on the poorest of Americans, since republicans actually have solid concrete ways to help the poor instead of just talking about it and not delivering. 

Actually, Ron Paul has nothing to do with it. I put him there because his name draws people... lol. In reality his not much of a factor.

There is so many simularities between the Republican party now, and the Democrat party in 1968. Both lead a country into an unpopular war, there is question how we are going to pay for war, though in 1968 the economy was stronger. Both party has no clear favorite to win the presidental nominee and could set off a "Broker" convention where the nominee is determained by the parties elite.  All the main factions of the Republican party are represented, Paul as the Liberatarian, Guiliani as the NeoCon, Romney as the Big Business guy, Huckabee as the Evangelical wing, there is no Ronald Reagan, or George Bush (pick one, anyone) or Richard Nixon who can hold it all together. Evangelicals hate Guiliani, NeoCons hate McCain, Big Business wants no part of a Huckabee nomination, and so on. In 1968, The South left the Democrats, and the anti-war movement protested as Hubert H. Humphrey was the nominee. And the funny thing was Humphrey was suppose to be the "Favorite Son" nominee to keep the party together.

Hell, forget Ron Paul, what happens if Michael Bloomberg runs independent, or Newt realizes he could jump in right now and win the nomination. The Republican party is hurting. The Democrat side is ran by the Left wing and special interest, like enviromental groups and multi-cultural groups, so as of now all 3 main candidates sound the same and people are mainly picking the one they like. The Republican side is in pieces. Hell, it looks like the only one to unite the party is Ron Paul, but then again everyone hates Ron Paul meaning the Republicans actually don't stand for getting rid of all the government shit like they say.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »
Saying that the Republican Party fell off as a result of the stock market crash is probably reasonable.  But ask yourself, why did the market crash?  Because some asshole named Woodrow Wilson created the Federal Reserve in 1913.  Look at how insanely volatile our economy has been since then, look at inflation, all because this psycho pissed all over the constitution and fucked America forever.

He was a Democrat by the way.  Not that I really give half a fuck about party affiliation, but I know you guys get hard ons about blaming the other party for the worlds problems while failing to see that your own party pulls the same shenanigans.  Dipshits.

I also love how you cocksmokers say Ron Paul is irrelevant, but have to start threads with his name in the title just so people will read your useless political perspectives.  Turn off your fuckin tv.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
Saying that the Republican Party fell off as a result of the stock market crash is probably reasonable.  But ask yourself, why did the market crash?  Because some asshole named Woodrow Wilson created the Federal Reserve in 1913.  Look at how insanely volatile our economy has been since then, look at inflation, all because this psycho pissed all over the constitution and fucked America forever.

He was a Democrat by the way.  Not that I really give half a fuck about party affiliation, but I know you guys get hard ons about blaming the other party for the worlds problems while failing to see that your own party pulls the same shenanigans.  Dipshits.

I also love how you cocksmokers say Ron Paul is irrelevant, but have to start threads with his name in the title just so people will read your useless political perspectives.  Turn off your fuckin tv.

Dude, have you ever read the book Assalt on Reason by Al Gore, he says, turn off your TV, and I agree. TV is the reason Democracy is in the state it's in. Hopefully the net will get things right. On that note, we still live in a Baby Boomer dominated nation, and the Boomers give a fuck about Ron Paul's net movement. I put Paul on the title because he has use to net to get his sheep. If you look at his policies, they would never work in a multi cultural USA. On a side note, how many Paul heads were Nadar heads in 2000. You guys are sheep for being not sheep.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »
why do you think the stock market crashed?

cuz of the progressives made the federal reserve and IRS, also before the depression, regulation was already occurring

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
why do you think the stock market crashed?

cuz of the progressives made the federal reserve and IRS, also before the depression, regulation was already occurring

We had the 3 most conservative presidents in the 1920's, dogg, they made the government so right wing that we had to crash, it wasn't the progressives who over saw the largest growth in the U.S. up until then. From Teddy to Wilson, progressives ran the White House from both parties. In the 20's we had 3 highly conservative presidents, and we saw how that turned out. That's the last time the Republican party fell apart. This time I think it follows more the 1968 election. But don't go this route, your arms are too short, your arms are too short.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »

Dude, have you ever read the book Assalt on Reason by Al Gore, he says, turn off your TV, and I agree. TV is the reason Democracy is in the state it's in. Hopefully the net will get things right. On that note, we still live in a Baby Boomer dominated nation, and the Boomers give a fuck about Ron Paul's net movement. I put Paul on the title because he has use to net to get his sheep. If you look at his policies, they would never work in a multi cultural USA. On a side note, how many Paul heads were Nadar heads in 2000. You guys are sheep for being not sheep.

You reading shit by Al Gore?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That nigga is to global warming like Bush is to terrorism.  They're playing the fuck out of you homeboy.  And your explanation for using Paul's name in your title makes absolutely no sense.

His policies would never work in multi-cultural USA?  Is that a joke?  His policy is dictated by the Constitution which clearly states that all men are created equal and are given certain inalienable rights by their creator.  You don't get any more multi-cultural than that. You don't even know what you're talking about, you're just parroting useless talking points you hear on CNN like "his policies would never work in a multi-cultural USA".  Why don't you back that statement up?

I have no idea how many Paul heads liked Nader.  I've never liked any politician since I was conscience of this shit.  Nearly every motherfucker Dem or GOP is a fucking slimebucket used-car salesman.  LOL @ thinking career politicians are worth pissing on.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:21:18 PM by Ron Paul = greatest American since Thomas Jefferson »

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Ron Paul = Career Politician.  You are going to look back on this shit in years to come and go "Damn, I was so fucking foolish, I actually thought I knew something others didn't".

Hey, What has Ron Paul proposed in congress recently then voted against?  Any new racist rants we should know about? 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »
Ron Paul = Career Politician.  You are going to look back on this shit in years to come and go "Damn, I was so fucking foolish, I actually thought I knew something others didn't".

Hey, What has Ron Paul proposed in congress recently then voted against?  Any new racist rants we should know about? 

Trauma = 30 year old virgin

Seriously though, Paul was in the Air Force as a flight surgeon and an OBGYN for like 30+ years.  He's been in the House for 20.  He actually has real world experience and understands how shit works.  So your statement that he is a career politician is either out of ignorance (very likely) or just your usual blatant lie for some attention whoring. 

Either way you lose again.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:23:11 PM »
When I make a post, why do you again think about my sex life?  Think about that; i'm serious.  When I post something you know has you in a tight spot, you immediately make a comment you perceive to be particularly biting about my sex life.  Think about that.

I hit you with a fact that fucks up your entire argument, and you immediately make a derogatory comment about my sex life. 

When I say something you cannot disprove; you mention my sex life.

Why is my sex life a topic you keep returning to over and over again?  Would you like to touch my penis?  Is that what's going on here?  What would you like to know about my sex life?  I'll make a topic somewhere else since everybody's so fascinated by it.

Anyways, Ron Paul has been a politician longer than Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, or Hillary Clinton have.  You said above, before you talked about my sex life, that nearly every dem or gop is a slimebag, then laughed about career politicians.  The three leading politicians are less of career politicians than your beloved Ron Paul.  Admit defeat.  I just fucked up your entire argument. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:42 PM »
ron paul i believe would be a real president rather than a puppet that a small group of people pull the strings on. while my homies big bro was lockd up he talkd to lot of high profile government guys that were lockd away.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.