Author Topic: French Fries in a burger = (official San diego food thread)  (Read 327 times)

Dr. Octagon

Re: French Fries in a burger = (official San diego food thread)
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »
How did you let France swagger jack your idea of fried potatoes and call them French fries ?

That's what I'd like to know.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »
True, but on the other hand, fries that taste like shit mess up your (whole) meal. Don't you think?

not really, I'm not stuck up.

I like all fries.  I'm an equal opportunity fry guy.  Perhaps I just need to have these belgian super fries to change my perspective, you guys dont put mayo on fries do you?  that just wrong.

Don't look :bomb:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=InH&resnum=0&q=belgian+fries&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:43 AM »
How did you let France swagger jack your idea of fried potatoes and call them French fries ?

That's what I'd like to know.

Good question. My English teacher at college actually told me that the term 'french' refers to the English verb 'to french', which means to slice something into long pieces (size of french fries). But lots of people write it as French fries (capital letter), and think it stems from France.
Don't know what's up with that theory though. Could be true, or not.

True, but on the other hand, fries that taste like shit mess up your (whole) meal. Don't you think?

I like all fries.  I'm an equal opportunity fry guy.  Perhaps I just need to have these belgian super fries to change my perspective, you guys dont put mayo on fries do you?  that just wrong.

"Yeah, we fucking drown 'em in that shit!" Gotta love Pulp Fiction ;D

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »

I like all fries.  I'm an equal opportunity fry guy. 

even them crinkly free lunch middle school fries?!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

The Purple Champ

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »
when probation is over im having somehing from that stand. then im moving to london

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
You were probably hitting up the wrong places if you had fires you didn't like. Then again, I don't know the quality of Belgian fries either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 08:16:13 PM »
You were probably hitting up the wrong places if you had fires you didn't like. Then again, I don't know the quality of Belgian fries either.

belgium is known for their potatoes you know....
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
Word. I have yet to experience it. One of these days...
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE