Author Topic: [video] Dr. Dre and his boss Jimmy @ monster press conference  (Read 943 times)

maxpowers

• 'G'
[video] Dr. Dre and his boss Jimmy @ monster press conference
« on: January 19, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
Re: [video] Dr. Dre and his boss Jimmy @ monster press conference
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »
hopefully he wont drop detox and come out with his wire cable  ;D

maxpowers

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 09:02:53 PM »
The best headphone i've ever listened to are the Ultrasone Edition 9. Those headphones are the best shit on earth, its also a surround headphone, i think it goes for $2000. I swear it exposes a lot of whack rap music, 80% of the albums today sound so terrible if you have the proper speaker/headphones but nobody notices cause ipod and mp3 is the standard.

Drop A Gem On Em

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 12:12:14 AM »
These headphones must be somethin else.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »
The best headphone i've ever listened to are the Ultrasone Edition 9. Those headphones are the best shit on earth, its also a surround headphone, i think it goes for $2000. I swear it exposes a lot of whack rap music, 80% of the albums today sound so terrible if you have the proper speaker/headphones but nobody notices cause ipod and mp3 is the standard.

2g'z for a pear of headphones wtf? LOL!!!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 03:11:14 AM »
monster? nice, these should sound good.

too bad noone took out jimmy at the conference. pop pop dat silencer

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 04:06:14 AM »
Lol at even Jimmy making fun about Dre's slow pace.

And on what the hell is that Chineese dude standing on  :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 04:52:06 AM »
Lol at even Jimmy making fun about Dre's slow pace.

i'm wondering why that suprises you; i'm not going to judge you, since i don't know your exact reasons for being suprised.
it's just that some people are suprised by something that's not that unexpected at all; they think when somebody related to dre ( in any way), when they make a joke about dre, that it's meant disrespectful ( or at least think that it's odd that such a person would make a joke about dre) and make a dig deal out of out.
i think it's actually the other way around; cause when you know a person quite well, then you already know what kind of jokes are appreciated by the other person.
in the video for example, you can see that dre was laughing.
it was the same thing with the dee barnes line from the Guilty Conscience, in an interview, the interviewer wondered if the dee barnes line offended dre. but it didn't bother dre, not at all. i can't really judge dre, but i think he knows what eminems thoughts were behind the line; and that's what some people are not able to do unfortunately.
i'm not really offended by it, but i guess the gossip culture annoys me(again, that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »
I know it's just an inside joke but you know what they say; every joke has a bit of truth in it. And I'm sure that Jimmy is annoyed from time to time with Dre, when you're working with a perfectionist that's normal. He knows Detox will sell, which means more profit for Jimmy and Dre taking 7 years to make it, has to annoy him sometimes.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:09:42 AM »
I know it's just an inside joke but you know what they say; every joke has a bit of truth in it. And I'm sure that Jimmy is annoyed from time to time with Dre, when you're working with a perfectionist that's normal. He knows Detox will sell, which means more profit for Jimmy and Dre taking 7 years to make it, has to annoy him sometimes.

oh yeah no doubt about that, Detox is dollar signs for Jimmy so i can imagine that it bothers him  :laugh: can't really disagree with that.
but for the reasons you just mentioned, wouldn't that make the joke not so unexpected at all? cause that was what i was trying to point out with my last post.
like i said the labels president, inhouse producer or whatever doesn't make it look like a suprise, it's actually the other way around(this last line wasn't directed at you in particular since i still don't have enough information to judge, but you can however  ;) ).

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:03:20 AM by Dre-Day »

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »
Even Iovine doesnt know Dres 2001 wasnt released in 2001 .... that Dre perfectionnism excuse has no sense .. Dre is just lazy and cant running the Math and making music at the same time ..

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 06:21:31 AM »
Even Iovine doesnt know Dres 2001 wasnt released in 2001
lol.

Elano

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 06:46:04 AM »
FUCK JIMMY IOVINE

smegma

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 06:48:00 AM »
I'm going to buy these head phones and when Detox comes out I will play the cd through these head phones, so I will have the ultimate listening experience.

Elano

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
And on what the hell is that Chineese dude standing on  :D
i don't know exactly the name,but he looks retarded on it  :D