Author Topic: Will Smith is one of the greatest (mainstream) rappers ever  (Read 878 times)

J2K

Re: Will Smith is one of the greatest (mainstream) rappers ever
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 01:47:04 AM »
Will Smithz a legend , i grew up watchin his moviez , fresh prince was dope , n hez made some classic songz  8)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 08:01:43 AM »
of course he a nigga that knows whats up and knows how to use his full potential- universal.
damn i was expectin you to enter the thread just to call him a house nigga...

why would i call Will a house nigger, out of all the people in hollywood selling out. I will tell you who's a house nigger though, ving rhames--- he need to stand up and learn how to say "NO' to some acting parts, or tell them to rewrite that shit or something. you been programmed to expect the worse out of me, by your fellow buddies of yours but that doesn't surprise me.

im just sayin usually "universal" meaning appealling to all doesnt mean militant which seems is what you want to be.
militant is something you caucasians use to describe any nigga who is smart. because ive said nothing having to deal with being militant.  but yet im militant lol. typical caucasians, its sort of like how you guys doing with this patriotic act thing. if person aint in line with what you people believe in then what is he labeled? a terrorist. Only terrorist is you people on this planet destroying it.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
of course he a nigga that knows whats up and knows how to use his full potential- universal.

why would i call Will a house nigger, out of all the people in hollywood selling out. I will tell you who's a house nigger though, ving rhames--- he need to stand up and learn how to say "NO' to some acting parts, or tell them to rewrite that shit or something. you been programmed to expect the worse out of me, by your fellow buddies of yours but that doesn't surprise me.

im just sayin usually "universal" meaning appealling to all doesnt mean militant which seems is what you want to be.
militant is something you caucasians use to describe any nigga who is smart. because ive said nothing having to deal with being militant.  but yet im militant lol. typical caucasians, its sort of like how you guys doing with this patriotic act thing. if person aint in line with what you people believe in then what is he labeled? a terrorist. Only terrorist is you people on this planet destroying it.
lol @ everyone bein caucasian or wigger automatically. The only reason i said anything was i could of swore i read a post of yours where MLK was mentioned and you claimed he was too soft and you thought every black man should be on some revolutionary type shit pr somethin to that effect. if im wrong then its all good.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
Can't forget 'You Saw My Blinker', 'Gettin Jiggy Wit It', 'Switch', 'Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble', 'Nod Ya Head', The Fresh Prince Theme, and one of my personal favorites 'Charles Mack (First Out Tha Limo)'

chill
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:48:32 AM by AlerG »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
Im about some of that classic Will Smith shit right now!!!

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »

lol @ everyone bein caucasian or wigger automatically. The only reason i said anything was i could of swore i read a post of yours where MLK was mentioned and you claimed he was too soft and you thought every black man should be on some revolutionary type shit pr somethin to that effect. if im wrong then its all good.
then its peace

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
Bumpin Miami right now, damn this song brings back memories, the beats soo smoooooth!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
His early work w/ Jazzy Jeff was cool.  Good storytelling mixed w/ some comedy, and Jeff provided some dope soundscapes and breaks and shit.

Joints like "Ring My Bell" and "Boom Shake The Room" were a diff sound for him mostly cause music had started getting a lot edgier.  His shit that started with "Men In Black" were mostly carried by obvious samples and loops which is what everybody was doing in 97/98.  But I can't lie, he did make some good joints in that era, albeit if they were a bit corny.

I can't take him seriously at all anymore though. He's always been corny and now he's on that scientology shit.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »
His early work w/ Jazzy Jeff was cool.  Good storytelling mixed w/ some comedy, and Jeff provided some dope soundscapes and breaks and shit.

Joints like "Ring My Bell" and "Boom Shake The Room" were a diff sound for him mostly cause music had started getting a lot edgier.  His shit that started with "Men In Black" were mostly carried by obvious samples and loops which is what everybody was doing in 97/98.  But I can't lie, he did make some good joints in that era, albeit if they were a bit corny.

I can't take him seriously at all anymore though. He's always been corny and now he's on that scientology shit.
word,i outgrew homie by thirteen...you cant tell me a grown man can bump his shit...but maybe thats just me. also whats the diffrence in him cussin in every movie bu since he dont on wax hes a saint?

Narrator

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »

Back in those days, people used to make fun of cats who listened to the Fresh Prince like he was Chingy or something.  But he was one of the first rappers I ever listened to.

Narrator

Re: Will Smith is one of the greatest rappers ever
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
...I don't know Foday, but those songs made a hit when they were released,so that's what he means!

That don't mean they're classic.  You crackers gotta be careful how you use that word.

Most of them were also minor hits compared to "Gin and Juice".  You'd have to list "Beautiful" or "Drop It Like It's Hot" before any of them if your criteria is their chart success.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

word,i outgrew homie by thirteen...you cant tell me a grown man can bump his shit...but maybe thats just me. also whats the diffrence in him cussin in every movie bu since he dont on wax hes a saint?

Its a change man, u get tired of listening to that fuck u nigga nigga, low low's type of shit man, u gotta change it up once n awhile, n sometimes u bump some of Will's classic shit, alot of his shit is smooth, i could give a fuck about what any1 says, its music lmao!!!

D~Nice

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
Will's last album was pretty good.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:26 PM »

Its a change man, u get tired of listening to that fuck u nigga nigga, low low's type of shit man, u gotta change it up once n awhile, n sometimes u bump some of Will's classic shit, alot of his shit is smooth, i could give a fuck about what any1 says, its music lmao!!!
i think hes corny....i never said you gotta bump gangster shit 24/7....but if i wanted to listen to nursery rhyme type shit id watch sesame street.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »
Thank you! I was looking for someone to list gettin jiggy wit it. throw that on at any party, no matter what the crowd, and everyone will be noddin their head! classic.  ;D

Can't forget 'You Saw My Blinker', 'Gettin Jiggy Wit It', 'Switch', 'Girls Ain't Nothin But Trouble', 'Nod Ya Head', The Fresh Prince Theme, and one of my personal favorites 'Charles Mack (First Out Tha Limo)'

chill

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!