Author Topic: News On J.Flexx Death Row Album! READ THIS!!  (Read 8099 times)

DJSpin

Re: News On J.Flexx Death Row Album! READ THIS!!
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
FTP has noted that there has been around 30 orders

lol
And they still aren't convinced that lowering the price is the way to go?
I'm speechless  :-[

i dont care about shelling out 30-50 bucks for some unreleased shit...its just sitting around for months waiting after you already paid that i dont wanna do.

Mygla

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 02:53:47 PM »
coma, problem is that we have too much broke mofos up in diz lol and dont forget that 2 much kids re 9-12 years old when this music was recorded. they feel other shit these days.... game and bullshit like that...., they dont even know flexx and never experienced the glory death row days years back.

grammar... it's a bitch

acgrundy

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »

I honestly can't see this cd being released unless we get 100-150 orders..damn shame

explain this logic to me...

music has already been recorded...money has been spent in that sense...everyone involved in the project is already down
so rather than sell 30 copies at $30 a peice and recoup $900, you guys would rather sell zero copies and make no money to recoup your expenses, all the while risking that in the future this gets sold by someone else?

Yeah right.

FTP or whoever the fuck puts this stuff out is stupid business people.  That is all there is to it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »
grundy I dont say this often but I agree with you 110 percent.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »

I honestly can't see this cd being released unless we get 100-150 orders..damn shame

explain this logic to me...

music has already been recorded...money has been spent in that sense...everyone involved in the project is already down
so rather than sell 30 copies at $30 a peice and recoup $900, you guys would rather sell zero copies and make no money to recoup your expenses, all the while risking that in the future this gets sold by someone else?

Yeah right.

FTP or whoever the fuck puts this stuff out is stupid business people.  That is all there is to it.

Agreed with Petey. That's true shit. If I could give karma I would. Lol.

SGV

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »
The glory of the Death Row days has shit to do with this crap. Tha Realest, J Flexx, Top Dawg, all these cats are weak. They rode the success of Dre, Snoop, Dogg Pound and Pac. They made albums that weren't good enough to get put out and now you people are getting scammed. Paying 30 bucks for some 10 year old record that will have no effect on Hip Hop, the West Coast or even Death Row.

Dealing with companies that hold your money and you still sit here and defend them? Haha. That's wack.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 06:34:45 PM »
I agree with you about Topp Dogg and Tha Realest (nothing but weak sound alikes of Snoop and Pac),  but J Flexx impressed enough with the singles Who Been There Who Done That and Lady Heroin to warrant interest for an album.  And the sampler FTP stream on their site sounds great, I'm stunned that only 30 copies have been sold.  There's nothing I miss in music more than that signature 1990's West Coast funk sound, J Flexx album has promising signs of that sound.

MarshColin

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:36 PM »
I agree with you about Topp Dogg and Tha Realest (nothing but weak sound alikes of Snoop and Pac),  but J Flexx impressed enough with the singles Who Been There Who Done That and Lady Heroin to warrant interest for an album.  And the sampler FTP stream on their site sounds great, I'm stunned that only 30 copies have been sold.  There's nothing I miss in music more than that signature 1990's West Coast funk sound, J Flexx album has promising signs of that sound.

True man. I honestly don't think it's fair to compare this J-Flexx album to Top Dogg and Tha Realest's. With what SGV said it doesn't sound like he even listened to the sampler. If you did listen to the sampler and think it's wack then I question your taste in music.

GFunkin

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »

Agreed...Both of those songs are amazing. Lady Heroin is one of the best, if not the best, unreleased single out of the west.

SGV

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
I would've probably dug this shit 10 years ago.

But since it's 2008, I could careless about old unreleased bullshit from an artist who never meant shit to me, the rap game or the West Coast in general.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
lol whats wrong with liking music you enjoy listening to, not just get with the hype just cause its what everyone should support. plenty of ppl bump old shit

Dropper

• Lil Geezy
  • Big Dropper esse!
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
Whoooooooooooooooooooooo??????????

MarshColin

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
an artist who never meant shit to me, the rap game or the West Coast in general.

Sounds like half the people you do news updates on  :-X

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »
an artist who never meant shit to me, the rap game or the West Coast in general.

Sounds like half the people you do news updates on  :-X

hahaha

SGV

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »
Omar Cruz > J Flexx
Immortal Technique > J Flexx
Young Hoggs > J Flexx
Obscure artist that I may have reported on Dubcnn >>>>>>> J Flexx

Damn near any artist that has been featured on Dubcnn has made more of an impression on the rap game and the West Coast in general than J Flexx.

Get over it. Death Row died in 1998. Move on with your lives...