Author Topic: Eminem..Dead since Eminem Show??  (Read 690 times)

D~Nice

Re: Eminem..Dead since Eminem Show??
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
Eminem got caught up in the same mess alot of these other artists have. That cliche single that is pop music. As funny as him dissing Moby and N Sync was, it was corny and he did singles like Without Me one too many times. Encore is a perfect example of Em thinking he could literally shit on a song and it would still sell. That was a waste of some good Dre beats.

like the song "rain man" WTF was that shit? it was funny, on the song dre like falls asleep and em has to wake him up, but i dont rele blame dre for fallin asleep on shit lik that.

I think hit records became easy to him, so he started putting bullshit out like most of Encore. That was why I wish the beef with him and Canibus would have turned into more. It would have kept him sharp on the lyrical tip.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »
Eminem got caught up in the same mess alot of these other artists have. That cliche single that is pop music. As funny as him dissing Moby and N Sync was, it was corny and he did singles like Without Me one too many times. Encore is a perfect example of Em thinking he could literally shit on a song and it would still sell. That was a waste of some good Dre beats.

Sadly, it did.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »

like the song "rain man" WTF was that shit? it was funny, on the song dre like falls asleep and em has to wake him up, but i dont rele blame dre for fallin asleep on shit lik that.

I think hit records became easy to him, so he started putting bullshit out like most of Encore. That was why I wish the beef with him and Canibus would have turned into more. It would have kept him sharp on the lyrical tip.

he was such a complete rapper, flow, lyrics, etc. and encore just like...i dk lol. ima believer tho that slim will come back strong if he releases again.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »

Sadly, it did.

his name sold it, similar with 50 and "The Massacre". cd didnt deserve nearly the money it made, but since it was 50 cent and at the time he was one the biggest names in rap, so he dropped the people copped.

D~Nice

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »

he was such a complete rapper, flow, lyrics, etc. and encore just like...i dk lol. ima believer tho that slim will come back strong if he releases again.

I hope so. 1 song like Without Me is enough if he drops again. Drop some straight hip hop shit to show people you still got it. That IMO is what he needs to do. I like the tracks he did on the Re-Up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

I hope so. 1 song like Without Me is enough if he drops again. Drop some straight hip hop shit to show people you still got it. That IMO is what he needs to do. I like the tracks he did on the Re-Up.

D-Nice speaks the truth! 8)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
one thing I never liked was Ems voice other than that dude was the perfect rapper from '99-02 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
yea i'll def peep his solo's eventually
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
eminems best moments came on mmlp top to bottom, his other moment of greatness was on 8 mile ost but he wasnt all over that....i recognize the white kids all love sslp and it put him on the map so i got nuttin but love for that album though i do not consider it anything above a 4 mic cd and eminem show was an album made with alot of recycled shit and basically everything he didnt care about, he did on that album....worrying about awards....he became the cat looking for recognition among crowds who dont understand hiphop....or much music infact...there were some real high spots on eminem show like "soldier"....i would say in his top 3 best ever produced records....though i do doubt how much he really "produced" of that beat...but nonetheless that shit was bangin....encore was horrible

i said it before and i say it again....

it was nothing to do with eminem not being bothered or anything....or he didnt care, he did care, we all care about what we do no matter what cats say...we all want to do good when we put effort into someshit....encore was just horrrible because he had nothing to say, he tried to recylce recycled shit which is a terrible idea and then because he had nothing to say he tried to improvise on beats and just flow but he lost some of that because he had nothing to say....nothing was really on that cd which deserves more than a few spins.....even the actual "encore" joint with eminem/50/dre was terrible and some of the dre beats sounded like new attempts at bats he made before but just didnt sound as good, he did drop a few good beats on the album though but eminem did nothing on them....

was a horrible album collectively....the re-up was garbage too....

infact afterrmath/shady/gunit really need to step up because they loosing there touch and are becoming out of touch with reality....niggaz need to step up there own game and quit blaming radio

sslp - 4 mics
mmlp - 4.75....like i said before, i wouldnt argue with anyone who would consider this classic because this was what really made eminem the top dog in hiphop for 3 solid
devils knight - 3.5 or 3.75 mics....nice album, eminem comes really good on some parts like fight music and proof and swift at times provide nice backup but as a group, those niggaz are wack
eminem show - 3.75-4 mics....i think lyrically eminem came strong on this but i think theres more to MUSIC than just havin words that look nice on paper
d12 world - 3 mics....horrible cd in alot ways, how bizzare became a rapper i dunno....eminem a producer....since dre stopped lookin out for him, his gone from having good moments, to average to straight up wack...though to be fair the other members did step up there game lyrically on this album but to see eminems downfall u just got to listen this album because he was on the same level if lower than some of the wack members of d12 on this album....which is funny because in comparison to devils knight...when em spitted heat on that, only proof could have any chance of keepin up with him....this time around it was like they were all on a similar level....apart from bizzare ofcourse..
encore....2.5mics....straight wack....seriously....horrible cd....looks like alot of money went into this album, the sound is hella crisp, the production sounds real high budget for all that, it has no replay value and even from first few spins you can be thinkin "what the fuck"
the re-up.....3 mics....and im being generous....the first single was dope and there were a few other dope joints....no apologies being the best but i heard thats old....and eminems production is straight up garbage.....i wonder who he had ghost produciing his shit on mmlp/eminem show,lol....because production wise i think that was eminems best moments....anyways he really shouldnt be producing anyways unless he has really stepped up since we last heard his shit....oh and those niggaz he got on shady records...lmao...cashis....the fuck is this nigga signed on a major for? he better REALLY step up on his album because his shit is terrible from what ive heard so far...but apparently eminem has faith in him, looks set to be next out on shady with an album...

the other moments of greatness for eminem were the "nail in the coffin" and "the source" joints....amazing....

so that pretty much sums up eminem for me....he'll go down as a great, i think he probably deserves it, not because his the best rapper or anything, but his the best white rapper so his def a livin legend and whether he/dre/50 and jimmy ruined hiphop in alot of ways u gotta give him his props for making as much money as he could from milking the same old lame subjects like his mother and shit....

eminem to me....a good rapper who fell off a long ass time ago who at his peak was an amazing rapper.....but u could say that about many rappers....he gets extra attention for many reasons which i dont really need to say since anyone with a decent brain already knows

pz...

p.s..

i would like to hear a new eminem album....going out on encore is not right....he needs to go out with a big bang and show cats he still got some fire left

pz

D~Nice

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
Well put

HEC

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »
IMO the tracks he did on 8 mile soundtrack surpassed the stuff he did on the Eminem Show, and the Eminem Show was a great album but after one bad album (Encore) and it was terrible its too early to write him off just yet. I think he is going to release a new album this year and then we'll have a better idea of if he needs to permanently hang up the mic.

bez

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 03:25:54 AM »
Yeah but Lose Yourself is still one of the best tunes ever.

wcsoldier

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 03:35:15 AM »
what yall talking about  ???... 8 Mile OST and Em verses on GRODT and Cheers were dope as fuck ... D12 World is the start of Em downfall .. since that album I cant stand

1 His childish , dumb and useless lyrics

2 AND  his voice and his flow ..  people keep insisting on Em doesnt know what to rap about anymore and his childish stuff but even if he can come back with dope concepts and lyrics, he still has to change his flow and the ton of his voice which BOTH have been terrible

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 04:01:56 AM »
2002/ 2003 was the last year Dre and Em were really popping. Xzibit, Eminem Show, GRODT, Cheers, Beg For Mercy, Eve, Devn The Dude, Blueprint 2, Truth Hurts, D.O.C. ... all had banging Dre tunes, while Eminem was killing the tracks on Cheers, GRODT, Man Vs. Machine, those diss mixtapes... he still had passion back then because of The Source, Ja Rule and Canibus dissing him.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »
IF detox ever comes out... that should be when Em retires,  he'll drop a couple dope verses and him an Dre can retire together on a high note.
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus