Author Topic: as much as i dislike Kobe Bryant, he's definately this half of the years' MVP  (Read 1061 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
there's STILL another half of the season to play, and shit couls STILL go sour from here (like in past years). However, i think kobe bryant is the MVP of the first half of this year. yes over KG, Nash, Bron, paul, royinsert a detroit player here_______.

why?

well lets rule out the other candidates

kg....like in past years the only way he wins is when he's surrounded by HOF'ers and All Stars . in 'Sota he won when he had Spree taking off the scoring pressure and Gen. Sam running the offense. Now in boston he's got pierce AND allen. by definition  of the powers that be that decides the MVP award.....he's not really a strong enough MVP candidate. KG's strength comes from his teammates,  not visa versa

nash...granted , he's the heart of that team. idon't think his weight is as important as kobe's THIS year
Roy....probably my second choice for mvp this year, however there are some hurdles (teams) that he has yet to lead his team over
Bron'....probably playing the best all around individual basketball of any NBA player right now, however you don't FEAR th cavs liek you should. probably not all james' fault but he's the captain.
paul.....he slipped when the lakers blasted the hornets out of the water

now kobe....

in my opinion the lakers (and i stress the LAKERS) play the best ball when kobe scores around 25/26 points , and that's what he's averaging i think. it takes a lot for kobe not to try to score all of the lakers' points . i get that. i've watched him for 12 years and that's one of his problems, but he has seemed to keep that in check. remember a couple of years ago when the lakers had the suns down 3-1? the lakers played TEAM basketball......well that's what i'm starting to see. TEAM ball anchored by 24.  before kobe instilled fear and loathing in his teammates ...where they didn't even want to shoot the ball.....now players like bynum are rising to the top and contributing in way not seen before. THAT"S what mvps are made of and THAT'S how you win , and it seems to be working.

like i said i might dislike kobe but i can't deny what i see.

now i hope i don't jinx the season and we end up with the 7th seed again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:37:52 AM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kobe didn't instill "fear and loathing", the Laker players are just growing and expanding. Kobe has been the MVP for some time, now.

GangstaBoogy

Lets hope the MVP voters feel the same way. If he doesn't win it this year I fear he never will.

But I gotta ask a question for everyone to debate on. On the MVP Rankings, Garnett is 1...Paul Pierce is 6. By default shouldn't they cancel each other out of the race? I mean I know they have the best record in the NBA but I think any team would with 3 All-Stars on the same team in the Eastern Conference.

I'd give it to Kobe. If not him then CP3. 20 points, 10 assists, 2 steals, and only 2 turnovers is pretty damn impressive.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
i don't think it matter really that they'er both in the hunt. however i think it starts to matter more when you have THREE bonefied all stars on your team.

cuz i mean karl malone/john stockton, pippen/jordan, hakeem/drexler....ect.  THOSE work as far as mvps go

but Barkley/hakeem/pippen...no you can't give it to em'.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Garnett/Pierce/Allen aren't exactly Barkley/Hakeem/Pippen.. plus the rest of the roster sucks balls... Garnett is a true MVP candidate.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

i started a similar thread based on ESPN's first and ten show

MY top 5 in no order, with stats.

Howard 22.1 ppg  15.0 rpg  1.5  apg  1.1  spg  2.6  bpg

Kobe 27.4 ppg  5.8 rpg  5.1 apg  1.9  spg   0.5 bpg

LEbron  29.7 ppg  7.6 rpg  7.4 apg  2.0 spg  1.1  bpg

Nash  17.4 ppg  3.5 rpg 12.0 apg 0.7 spg  0.1 bpg

Garnett  19.3 ppg 9.8 rpg 3.8 apg  1.4 spg  1.4 bpg

stat wise i'd say Howard is most valuable

but ofcourse KG is the straw that stirs the drink in the 33-6 Celtics :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If the Lakers finish as one of the top teams in the West, I like Kobe's chances. He has a lot less to work with then most of the other contenders except for Lebron.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

wcsoldier

One thing I dont get is why Lebron is in MVP talks .. dont get me wrong hes having a great season but his team is 22-18 .. the exact same reaon Kobe wasnt considered in MVP talks these latest 2 years according to these so called experts .. Kobe is playing no different ,  only Kenny Smith is right .. before this season , he has no reason to trust his teammates .. this year, Bynum and Farmar are on another level, Fish is no Smush... anyways Kobe never will win a MVP, he doesnt get enough  love from journalists .. Lakers should win like 65-70 games to get him this award ..

Paul is a serious candidate IMO. dude is the best at his postion, he makes things look VERY EASY

OG Hack Wilson

anyways Kobe never will win a MVP, he doesnt get enough  love from journalists .. Lakers should win like 65-70 games to get him this award ..

Paul is a serious candidate IMO. dude is the best at his postion, he makes things look VERY EASY

Paul isn't the best point guard IMO but he's top 3
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

WC Iz Active

Dwight Howard or Kobe Bryant.

Right now I'm leaning with Howard but its real close.

PLANT

Right now Id give the award to Kobe, for sure.  We'll see what happens in the second half of the season.  Chris Paul is up there too, with LeBron, Nash, KG and maybe Bosh can get up there if the Raptors go on a run soon

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Howard has really emerged. Hopefully he won't get hosed again at this year's Slam Dunk contest. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

PLANT

Howard has really emerged. Hopefully he won't get hosed again at this year's Slam Dunk contest. 
Im taking Jarmario Moon or Gerald Green to win

WC Iz Active

^^honestly I really think Howard deserves the award at this point.  His impact and importance to the Magic equals that of Kobe and LA, The Magic would be a lottery team w/out Howard and with him they are contenders.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kobe will get an MVP trophy before he dies. 100%.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin