Author Topic: You Know What I Hate About The N.B.A....  (Read 389 times)

WILL-I-DIE

You Know What I Hate About The N.B.A....
« on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »
all the bitch ass fouls they call. shit, let them play. let them play like men, not lil girls...

OG Hack Wilson

Re: You Know What I Hate About The N.B.A....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 07:42:21 AM »
i hate the blatant traveling players get away with
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Citizen-Y

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
It's great that near the basket you can be mugged and tackled and no foul will be called but if you are out on the perimeter if you so much as touch the ball carriers hand it's a foul.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:53 AM »
Yeah the NBA is too soft now-a-days. These touch fouls make me want to pull my fuckin hair out. Blow the whistle if a guy is getting hammered, not when someone brushes shoulders with him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »
Yeah the NBA is too soft now-a-days. These touch fouls make me want to pull my fuckin hair out. Blow the whistle if a guy is getting hammered, not when someone brushes shoulders with him.

refs hold grudges (ie the guy who kept throwing out Duncan)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »
The only problem I have is that on one end, you can have someone like Kobe driving to the hoop and getting hammered over the head with no calls, then on the other end, a player like Devin Harris jumps into the stationed defense and gets a call in his favor...on some bullshit. Just keep it consistent. If you're gunna call bitch fouls, call 'em on both ends. If you're gunna let 'em play, let both teams play...It needs to be more balanced...PeACe

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
The only problem I have is that on one end, you can have someone like Kobe driving to the hoop and getting hammered over the head with no calls, then on the other end, a player like Devin Harris jumps into the stationed defense and gets a call in his favor...on some bullshit. Just keep it consistent. If you're gunna call bitch fouls, call 'em on both ends. If you're gunna let 'em play, let both teams play...It needs to be more balanced...PeACe

lol i woulda never thought you would post up a biased comment in favor of Kobe
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 04:47:29 PM »
all these touch fouls are just the leagues sorry way of trying to promote more offense then defense. they like high scoring basketball, even if it isnt quality basketball...so they penalize defenses to keep good defenders in check.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »
when shooting a basketball you have to be pretty accurate, as soon as a nigga touches your arm it should be called for a foul. it looks hella soft on video but what you have to realize is as soon as you legalize something, it WILL get abused. it's not like some plays that get called now will just not get called anymore and everybody is happy. it's more like those defenses that don't get called anymore will be done ALL THE TIME.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

Shall we break out the video evidence? Cuz we can make that happen.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
^seriously. LOL.

wcsoldier

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 04:51:05 AM »
three things that get on my nerves

1 floppin  i.e fuckin Ginobili, Varejao, Suns and so on

2. players who go to the hoop and throw their bodies into big men and get calls .. if its the offensive player who create the contact . dont blow the whistle simple and plain

3. foul called on a player who got a block but make a little foul with his body .. if its a serious foul Im down with it but same as above, phantom fouls are called ..

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »

Shall we break out the video evidence? Cuz we can make that happen.

if i spent my life compiling "video evidence" of anything...i could make it look legit. I could make a convincing argument that Jordan was being targeted by officials if i compiled only videos of bad calls/ no calls on Jordan. Anybody who thinks Kobe gets the short end of the stick in a Superstar driven league is a complete idiot. Kobe, like most big time Superstars draws fans and sells tickets. Fans dont pay to see Superstars sit on the bench. Hence, the league....being a business, makes decisions based on what benefits that business the most. In the case of the Lakers, having Kobe on the floor...benefits the league the most. I know it seems cool to think that youre favorite player is hated by the league...and that he's a great player even though the league is trying to hold him down. But it just isnt realistic and only makes you look foolish. I kind of pity anybody who thinks that way and if I were a Laker fan Id be embarassed by it. Theres a reason i try not to post much anymore in the Sports forum. Its turned into trash as of late.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
^Having Kobe destroying the opposition on every play doesn't make for fun basketball. You think the fans wanna see him shooting 25 free throws a game? Do you realize that Kobe gets fouled very, very frequently. The league is tryna market MANY superstars nowadays and are tryna put them on the same level. LeBron vs. Kobe. Wade vs. LeBron. Kobe vs. Carmelo etc....don't you see it? Just a couple years back they were tryna market Wade as the clear cut "next Jordan"...It's not like the days where the NBA made Jordan untouchable because he was marketed as THE superstar and face of the league..I'm sure you're old enough to remember when breathing on Jordan was a foul. For Kobe, it's not the same story...Kobe gets hacked on almost every play. I'd say he gets roughly 50% of the fouls on him called...PeACe