Author Topic: Ghostface cries about low sales; threatens to quit rap  (Read 951 times)

Young Old Head

Re: Ghostface cries about low sales; threatens to quit rap
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »
Album was ok, i just peeped it, i dont really like Eastcoast music for some reason, i mainly fuck with westcoast and south shit!!!

ghostfaces shit probably goes over your head. he isn't some shit to ride to that you can sing a long. same with most of the wu.

damn right, that's what i love about wu. it's always different...

Cash Money Blood Gang

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 04:57:41 AM »
i still haven't listened to big doe rehab cuz I was planning on copping it in a couple of days. Sucks that people still ain't buying records especially a dope artist like Ghostface who has put out so much dope shit. And to spice who says he was great.. where the hell did that come from? Ghostface still dropping dope records!

I'd say as of this moment he has to be one of the most consistent artists in hip hop. I can't name one weak album that he has dropped.
outside his 2nd lp youre right .. most consistent discographies from a East rapper are Face and Nas ones

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 05:00:12 AM »
^You don't like Supreme Clientele??? Damn, that's weird.

wcsoldier

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 05:13:09 AM »
my bad .. BulletProof Wallets I mean

Al Bundy

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 05:27:04 AM »

Bulletproof Wallets was pretty decent. I only skip like 1-2 tracks.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »

Bulletproof Wallets was pretty decent. I only skip like 1-2 tracks.
Same here, the sound overall is more soft/RNB but it's still a good album.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »
Album was ok, i just peeped it, i dont really like Eastcoast music for some reason, i mainly fuck with westcoast and south shit!!!

ghostfaces shit probably goes over your head. he isn't some shit to ride to that you can sing a long. same with most of the wu.

Yah man haha, it kinda did, i mean it was ok, lyrically n stuff, i know what dude was talking about, but just wasnt my time of shit man, none of that Eastcoast shit is lol!!!

Al Bundy

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2008, 02:37:20 AM »

Yah man haha, it kinda did, i mean it was ok, lyrically n stuff, i know what dude was talking about, but just wasnt my time of shit man, none of that Eastcoast shit is lol!!!

okay? ghostface is okay lyrically? smh  :grumpy:

westside159

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2008, 03:07:04 AM »
Last time i heard he sold over 80,000 units that good without any major radio or Video play . Dope album  8) 8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 07:46:46 AM »
There are just a couple artists album I buy without listening to the album first and Ghostface ain't one of them.

He has some valid points though

kemizt

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »
This says alot about the industry today, I mean Ghostface has dropped nothing but heat.
Album after dope album. Even his weakest "Bulletproof Wallets" shits all over some recent releases.

Big Doe Rehab is such a dope album to me, near classic!!!!!
But Wu Tang makes mature music none of that Soulja Boy crap, it takes a hip hop head to appreciate it

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

okay? ghostface is okay lyrically? smh  :grumpy:

All the beats sounded the same to me, i said i was feelin it lyrically, thats about it!!!

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
i had big doe rehab in the car this morning and shit, its refreshing to get that in there. last night i had a mix with like... norcal, socal, and some dirty south. shit was cool, but not nearly as clean and crisp as ghost and other dope east coast cats.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008, 04:56:21 PM »
demand and supply my nigga, demand and supply. go and supply something more people demand, nigga.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »
Ghostface is a fool for this. Why does he think he can rely on the donations of people who see buying corporate products as a virtue? If you can get the album for free through the internet, there's no need to pay for the music. If you feel like supporting the artist, what use is it to buy their album when they're on a major label? Of the $15 you're spending on buying Big Doe Rehab, very little actually goes to Ghostface, very little is put into financing the making of music, and a lot is just money for the label to finance commercial activities and to satisfy the corporate heads. If I want to feed a camel, I'd rather go to the zoo than to a record shop.

Ghost should have gone indie a long time ago. He's making the right music, he's got a nice fanbase and he's not being promoted properly anyway. Def Jam are just being a bunch of blood suckers in his case.

He should come to terms with the facts. Because music is so easily and freely accessable, people will rarely pay for it. The ones who do, often do it out of mere (and if you ask me, irrational) idealism. By spending money on a Ghostface album, you're mainly supporting more of Neyo's whining on top of the charts. It's a two headed monster: they take money from Ghost, and give it to the wrong people. If you're really a fan of Ghostface, you boycot that motherfucker. Let Ghost go indie, invent some fresh ways to earn money from making music, and be ready to support whatever's worth supporting. The retail version of Big Doe Rehab sure isn't, for practical reasons.