Author Topic: Ghostface cries about low sales; threatens to quit rap  (Read 952 times)

Blesswitskill

• Lil Geezy
Re: Ghostface cries about low sales; threatens to quit rap
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »
This Albums Been in heavy rotation.. since i bought it and pop it in da deck . Quality Shyt

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »
Ghostface is a fool for this. Why does he think he can rely on the donations of people who see buying corporate products as a virtue? If you can get the album for free through the internet, there's no need to pay for the music. If you feel like supporting the artist, what use is it to buy their album when they're on a major label? Of the $15 you're spending on buying Big Doe Rehab, very little actually goes to Ghostface, very little is put into financing the making of music, and a lot is just money for the label to finance commercial activities and to satisfy the corporate heads. If I want to feed a camel, I'd rather go to the zoo than to a record shop.

Ghost should have gone indie a long time ago. He's making the right music, he's got a nice fanbase and he's not being promoted properly anyway. Def Jam are just being a bunch of blood suckers in his case.

He should come to terms with the facts. Because music is so easily and freely accessable, people will rarely pay for it. The ones who do, often do it out of mere (and if you ask me, irrational) idealism. By spending money on a Ghostface album, you're mainly supporting more of Neyo's whining on top of the charts. It's a two headed monster: they take money from Ghost, and give it to the wrong people. If you're really a fan of Ghostface, you boycot that motherfucker. Let Ghost go indie, invent some fresh ways to earn money from making music, and be ready to support whatever's worth supporting. The retail version of Big Doe Rehab sure isn't, for practical reasons.

That's On Point!!

Damn!
But don't quite get the parts in Bold
Expand on them for me,if you could!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

AndrE16686

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »
Copped the single on WAX!!!

CELEBRATE!  :banana_trippin:

...LIKE MY FIRTST PIECE OF NOOKIE UHH!  :banana_dss:

...WE HYPED FOR JUST BEIN HERE!  :raisetheroof:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:40:06 PM by RETURN OF THE OVERFIEND »

Elevz

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 07:17:55 AM »
Ghostface is a fool for this. Why does he think he can rely on the donations of people who see buying corporate products as a virtue? If you can get the album for free through the internet, there's no need to pay for the music. If you feel like supporting the artist, what use is it to buy their album when they're on a major label? Of the $15 you're spending on buying Big Doe Rehab, very little actually goes to Ghostface, very little is put into financing the making of music, and a lot is just money for the label to finance commercial activities and to satisfy the corporate heads. If I want to feed a camel, I'd rather go to the zoo than to a record shop.

Ghost should have gone indie a long time ago. He's making the right music, he's got a nice fanbase and he's not being promoted properly anyway. Def Jam are just being a bunch of blood suckers in his case.

He should come to terms with the facts. Because music is so easily and freely accessable, people will rarely pay for it. The ones who do, often do it out of mere (and if you ask me, irrational) idealism. By spending money on a Ghostface album, you're mainly supporting more of Neyo's whining on top of the charts. It's a two headed monster: they take money from Ghost, and give it to the wrong people. If you're really a fan of Ghostface, you boycot that motherfucker. Let Ghost go indie, invent some fresh ways to earn money from making music, and be ready to support whatever's worth supporting. The retail version of Big Doe Rehab sure isn't, for practical reasons.

That's On Point!!

Damn!
But don't quite get the parts in Bold
Expand on them for me,if you could!

Of the money you're spending on a Ghostface Def Jam album, very little goes to Ghostface and his making music. He's basically getting robbed by the label like that, for receiving poor promo while the label does claim a large amount of the money he makes on his sales. It's like he's getting fucked over twice, and in the mean time by buying Ghostface's albums, you're giving Def Jam more money to put out pop artists. You're hardly supporting Ghostface by doing that. In fact, you're giving off the wrong signal if you do.

Ghostface would be better off on an independant label: he may not get a whole lot of promo but his fanbase is loyal and the money will end up where it belongs, plus he'll have (more) creative control over his music. Now that's when you'll want to support your favorite rapper. You don't want to support his getting robbed.

Elano

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 07:29:37 AM »
He could go back to Baltimore as a cab driver  :D

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »
He could go back to Baltimore as a cab driver  :D
That was Cappadonna.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 03:13:48 AM »
LOL he thinks all his myspace friends are supposed to buy his album!

Elevz

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 05:49:49 AM »
LOL he thinks all his myspace friends are supposed to buy his album!

Is that not a proper indication of at least a part of his fan base?