Author Topic: New Snippet of Clyde Carson ft.Game-Cali state of mind  (Read 1540 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: New Snippet of Clyde Carson ft.Game-Cali state of mind
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 04:33:07 PM »
Song sounds good, but "Doin' Dat" had so much potential, that song was a certified hit, it's messed up it kind of just drifted and dissapeared...

IMO "2 Step" could have been a MONSTER had it been promoted right

nah, "2 step" didnt had an original sound. It sounded like some Dre ripoff. "Doin that" was fresh and original. It had that techno vibe, which is very populair at the moment (Timbo).

It's funny because your opinion of "2 step" is just like mine for "doin' that". 

"Doin' that" sounds too much of a rip-off of the "My Love" beat that Timbo did for Timberlake. As far as "2 Step", IMO since there hasn't been much Dre in the spotlight lately, I don't think too many casual fans would know or care who produced the song.  Both songs are hot, but if I were dropping the Clyde Carson album, "2 step" would have been the lead single and video.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 02:52:53 AM »
when is theater music slated for? 

It's coming in May. "Cali State of Mind" is the official first single, they gonna shoot a video for it soon.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 02:58:18 AM »
Just checked Clyde's MySpace...I don't see the song anywhere ???

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:32 AM »

It's coming in May. "Cali State of Mind" is the official first single, they gonna shoot a video for it soon.

good shit! Nice to hear there's one Westcaost rapper who actually looks like dropping an album. I can't say that about rappers like Crooked or Bishop.

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2008, 05:53:42 AM »

great news that Lil Jay

messi19

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 07:57:53 AM »

I unno, they said the same thing about "2 Step".

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
Damn.. he had those 2 tracks yall talkin bout.. 2 step and doin dat .. and they wouldve put him up amongst some of the bigger cats .. now hes just... meh...

bwstakeover

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »

There you go, Game thinking he can sell 1 million first week with One Blood... :-\

First step to Clyde Flopping bad, and he had a promising future with Doing that as a first single... ???

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
can someone upload the songs that Clyde had that were planned on being singles(2 step, hood stomped, doin that)?

8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
can someone upload the songs that Clyde had that were planned on being singles(2 step, hood stomped, doin that)?

8)

Dont have hood Stomped Out but heres the other two....

2 Step
http://www.zshare.net/audio/69046693a5d9cf/

Doin That'
http://www.zshare.net/audio/69046873c51b2b/

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »

8)

2 Step

Doin That'

major props homeboy.

okay, so it is what i thought.  ive been hearin "doin that" on the radio for a while out here.  when i first heard this i thought "Hit!!!!!"  damn, how the fuck is the label not pushing this.  from the snippet i think this and 2 step is a way better choice than "cali state of mind" through a mainstream perspective. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

8)

2 Step

Doin That'

major props homeboy.

okay, so it is what i thought.  ive been hearin "doin that" on the radio for a while out here.  when i first heard this i thought "Hit!!!!!"  damn, how the fuck is the label not pushing this.  from the snippet i think this and 2 step is a way better choice than "cali state of mind" through a mainstream perspective. 

where u at? cause i hear it out here in Virginia every so often and everyone i show the song to digs the track too, that song coulda been something big....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »

8)

2 Step

Doin That'

major props homeboy.

where u at? cause i hear it out here in Virginia every so often and everyone i show the song to digs the track too, that song coulda been something big....

im from san francisco, so its only natural that they push this here since Clyde is from here(Not SF but Oakland).  but you know where the real market is?  Its not the california/new yourk, east coast or west coast...its the fuckin texas area and the southern states.  if a west coast artist with the talent of Clyde would be smart enough to market himself down there, i really believe he wouldnt have to wait till his 3rd planned single to start gaining national attention.  imo.   8)

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »

8)

2 Step

Doin That'

major props homeboy.

im from san francisco, so its only natural that they push this here since Clyde is from here(Not SF but Oakland).  but you know where the real market is?  Its not the california/new yourk, east coast or west coast...its the fuckin texas area and the southern states.  if a west coast artist with the talent of Clyde would be smart enough to market himself down there, i really believe he wouldnt have to wait till his 3rd planned single to start gaining national attention.  imo.   8)

I agree wit u there homie...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
Out of all the BWS affiliates in the past 2,3 years he's the best to me and is pretty much the only one who has a chance of doing some good numbers. It's sad Doing That did't do more, because everything with J.R. + Sean Kingston is a hit these days and it's a dope track itself.