Author Topic: DUBCNN: Brand New Omar Cruz ft. The Game - Gangsta Music [Prod. by Cool & Dre]  (Read 2190 times)

WILL-I-DIE

track bangs

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I've just checked the feedback on websites like xxlmag.com, allhiphop.com, sohh.com, etc... and there's a mixture of opinions:

1) people who like the song in general (beat, lyrics, hook)
2) people who like the song but not the hook
3) people who don't like Omar
4) people who don't like the beat by Cool & Dre

But overall, it's not really constructive critcism. It's mostly reactions like "Omar sounds like he got something stuck in his throat".
But I do understand that not everyone will dig Omar's voice. It is indeed 'unique' (to put it that way), but a true West Coast fan wouldn't exactly hate on an up-and-coming New West artist just because of his voice. You don't necessarily have to like him, but just show some support...that would be welcome.

From on another perspective: Omar DOES seem to get a lot of expsosure. I mean, his song is mentioned in those websites' playlists along with other 'big' names and less big names like: Rick Ross, 50 Cent, Cassidy, Remy Ma, The Clipse, Maino, etc...

That can only be a good thing I think.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
I've just checked the feedback on websites like xxlmag.com, allhiphop.com, sohh.com, etc... and there's a mixture of opinions:

1) people who like the song in general (beat, lyrics, hook)
2) people who like the song but not the hook
3) people who don't like Omar
4) people who don't like the beat by Cool & Dre

But overall, it's not really constructive critcism. It's mostly reactions like "Omar sounds like he got something stuck in his throat".
But I do understand that not everyone will dig Omar's voice. It is indeed 'unique' (to put it that way), but a true West Coast fan wouldn't exactly hate on an up-and-coming New West artist just because of his voice. You don't necessarily have to like him, but just show some support...that would be welcome.

But if the voice on the rapper is not appealing ,then that would act as a hindrance in appreciating the work of the said artist.C'mon even you can't deny this!
Rapper these days have to be a complete package so that they can be marketable properly.
His flows,his delivery,lyrics and voice have to be above average [to be fair] for him to be given a chance!
I recall some folks on Dubcc, have said that they just can't get into O.Cruz's music cuz of his Gruff Voice.
Once there is a hinderance like that,it's hard for most pple to actually see past that and appreciate the artist for their talent et al.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:12:38 AM by Mackin4Life-Lone Wolf Of Dubcc »
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
But if the voice on the rapper is not appealing ,then that would act as a hindrance in appreciating the work of the said artist.C'mon even you can't deny this!

I have never denied that. In fact, I've said it myself:

See?

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

I have never denied that. In fact, I've said it myself:

See?

That's where i think you have things confused, it may not be hate
It may just be literally not feeling Dude [no homo] just cuz of his voice..
I don't see that as hate...
At the end of the day some folks will dig his music,while others won't..
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Yeah I agree with you. I guess I should've made myself clearer then.
Like you said, if someone isn't feeling Omar simply because of his voice then I won't consider that as hate. The voice of a rapper is indeed an important factor in appreciating him. Voice, lyrics, delivery, etc...it's all (equally) important.

My bad for the confusion.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
GOOD SINGLE IF IT IS THAT 

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
Omar Cruz......where do we begin....He's the first latin artist signed to Interscope.....we know how powerfull that label is with making stars....kudos for getting your foot in the door....HOWEVER....we also know how many artists have been dropped from that label or get shelved.....so good luck, lol. Latin artists aren't that popular overall. They have a VERY confined fan base....except for latin artists like Fat Joe, Big Pun  R.I.P. and other like that....Cypress Hill had they're stardom as well....and still have some potential but the success rate is extremely slim. I heard "Gangsta Music".....I was not impressed. Omar's camp is hyping him up to the 3rd degree and being on Interscope he is definitely going to have to come a lot harder than that. Game should've had a verse on it. Sorry to say, but Omar isn't really talking about too much in this raps nor do they sound that hard. Yes, we know your from the city that did this and that, L.A. yes we know....it's so repetative and washed up. Yes, L.A. is hard we know, but are YOU???? It's questionable...Secondly, with a title like "Gangsta Music", why are we using non-gangsta production? If you want "Gangsta Music" lets talk to DJ Quik, Battlecat, Bud'da....perhaps Dr. Dre, your labelmate??? Ok so you don't have the money yet to afford a Dre beat, what about the others? Cool and Dre aren't cheap either, lol. Thirdly, whats with the mediocrity of the subject matter? Put some words together and make it sound gangster. I dont know man, I think that song was poorly handled....Hang With My Doggs was catchier and basically about the same thing....L.A. You know what else??? He's from Culver City....a lot different from "L.A." yes, it's in L.A. county, but it's a city within itself. I live in L.A. My address says Los Angeles, C.A. Not Santa Monica, or Venice or Culver City or any of that. When is someone gonna represent for the Rampart District/Downtown or South Central? I guess we already have W.C. & Ice Cube LOL.....

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
THE HOMIES IN LOS ANGELES TO BUSY GANGBANGING LOL THERE A FEW HOMIES TRYING TO DO IT BUT THEY HAVE NO HUSTLE SO THEREFORE U NEVER HEAR OF THEM,,,

jointz

• Muthafuckin' OG
I guess people want to hear Omar on some club shit. Keep that real west coast shit going cruz. West los all day.

Invincible

This ain't to bad. I'm not feelin the beat when the hook comes in. And Game's hook ain't to great either. Its playable in the car.

The_Offence

this shit is growing on me more and more, so is the game hook...it's not as bad as people making out to be, but you know once game is on a track people start picking the track apart trying to find any lil thing to comment about, remember when one blood came out everybody on here was hating on the track picking it apart, as the time past and it started getting radio play and a video came out people here was saying they feel it....anything game's on get's that kind of feedback

bwstakeover

Dude, Internet Fanbase is a totattly different thing to Mainstream or Radio fanbase, when Everybody outside Nerd World Heard One Blood, it was a smash, the only people who started bitching about it is BWS Forum Internet Nerds, those nerds are sitting at home and breaking down Metaphors into Lines and think of Subliminal Mr Ouija Messages in them and 7 day theories....

To people who talking Internet buzz and Omar Cruz being on the boards, are u guys really that stupid to realise that Internet Forums and shit make up at MOST 30-60 000 fans, If Lucky? Do u honestly think that if a nigga got a huge Internet buzz he will Sell?

I say, 99.999999999999999999999% of Sales are Radio and TV Promotion and buzz, the rest is Internet, and 80% of that Internet Fanbase are Bootlegers and I pod Users,

Omar Cruz has no fanbase, he will do Twista Numbers or YOung Joc, if Lucky, 100 000 maximum,I wish him the best, i will probably get 2 copies, but thats not gonna Motivate the People outside this NErd World to hear his shit and Buy his shit....

Look at the Flops these year, last year, Wyclef Jean has the best Rap song in years, Sweetest Girl and he flopped, Bone thugs I tried Was Platinum and it only helped them Go 500 000 and that was a big ass Song...With SHit like Gangsta Music....No way...

People here  are so blind, stupid and blind again....I am not hating on Omar..WOuld I be hating if I said that Swizz Beats wil;l Flop hard with Its me Bitchz, Shit was Wack, would i be hating if i Said thatTwista Would Flop?

Some people just need to open their eyes and see whats in the industry, and dont say industry is cheesy and its not selling becoz hip hop is dead, Gangsta Music aint nohting but an avarage track, its Absolutely nohting, its not catchy, its not appealing, its fuking boring and Totally HOLLOW, it has no potention to be on the charts at all....

In Years, One Blood was the only Gangsta Track that has Blown up, due to being so fuking hot and Catchy...I dont remember any Gangsta Singles that really Blown up...

Sad But True..Omar has no future, to those talkign Mad Internet buzz, are u seious? U be lucky if Dubcnn and hhboard will get at least 4 000 people to buy Omar Cruz, and other boards? 30 people? OPen ur fuking eyes!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Omar Cruz......where do we begin....He's the first latin artist signed to Interscope.....we know how powerfull that label is with making stars....kudos for getting your foot in the door....HOWEVER....we also know how many artists have been dropped from that label or get shelved.....so good luck, lol. Latin artists aren't that popular overall. They have a VERY confined fan base....except for latin artists like Fat Joe, Big Pun  R.I.P. and other like that....Cypress Hill had they're stardom as well....and still have some potential but the success rate is extremely slim. I heard "Gangsta Music".....I was not impressed. Omar's camp is hyping him up to the 3rd degree and being on Interscope he is definitely going to have to come a lot harder than that. Game should've had a verse on it. Sorry to say, but Omar isn't really talking about too much in this raps nor do they sound that hard. Yes, we know your from the city that did this and that, L.A. yes we know....it's so repetative and washed up. Yes, L.A. is hard we know, but are YOU???? It's questionable...Secondly, with a title like "Gangsta Music", why are we using non-gangsta production? If you want "Gangsta Music" lets talk to DJ Quik, Battlecat, Bud'da....perhaps Dr. Dre, your labelmate??? Ok so you don't have the money yet to afford a Dre beat, what about the others? Cool and Dre aren't cheap either, lol. Thirdly, whats with the mediocrity of the subject matter? Put some words together and make it sound gangster. I dont know man, I think that song was poorly handled....Hang With My Doggs was catchier and basically about the same thing....L.A. You know what else??? He's from Culver City....a lot different from "L.A." yes, it's in L.A. county, but it's a city within itself. I live in L.A. My address says Los Angeles, C.A. Not Santa Monica, or Venice or Culver City or any of that. When is someone gonna represent for the Rampart District/Downtown or South Central? I guess we already have W.C. & Ice Cube LOL.....
sum good points, tho' i think i felt the song a little more than you......but i agree with alot of this.....i was feelin omar much more when he was still blunts, based off city of gods and blow.....cruzafixion was dope too.......but everything there after has been hit or miss for me.........and i really do hope dude does well, i respect his hustle and how he reps......but music wise, i like the early mixtapes much more
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
I got to say that I didnt understand what was so special about Omar Cruz after the Hang With My Dogs song and the mixtape, but I just happend to download the last Blunts Lla mixtape a cople of days ago and that definately made me change my mind, now Im looking forward to some new material and Im about to check out this song...