Author Topic: Snoop Dogg "Ego Trippin Review" + Tracklisting  (Read 3019 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Snoop Dogg "Ego Trippin Review" + Tracklisting
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
What happened to no guests. To much Niggaracci for my liking. Not a massive fan of his productions. Needs more production from Quik and some production from Hi-Tek or Daz or something.

agreed... I don't feel Snoop's beats.

I'm still hoping Snoop will redo Sexual Eruption with a talkbox, but it looks like its a no-go.  :'(

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2008, 10:20:29 AM »
oh my god, I just read what I wrote this afternoon... my english is bad when I'm high, sorry peeps  ;)
anyway, nima understood what I wanted to say haha
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2008, 10:23:02 AM »
where would be the fun if Snoop would make the album exactly like ya wanted it to be?, there wouldnt be no surprises no hype. I mean when "THRILLER" was made, fans were not like "PLEASE MICHAEL, PLEASE QUINCY, CAN U ADD THAT SOUND , OR THIS OR THAT TO UR ALBUM"  they had to shut the fuck up and wait til it drops.  so why cant yall do the same instead of expecting too much. yall be crying like bitches, The whole Dogg Pound camp been involved with Snoops albums since 93, Snoop always put them on , either as a feature, or as a producer or as a ghostwriter. so not because they are not rapping or producing on the records means that they are not involved.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
where would be the fun if Snoop would make the album exactly like ya wanted it to be?, there wouldnt be no surprises no hype. I mean when "THRILLER" was made, fans were not like "PLEASE MICHAEL, PLEASE QUINCY, CAN U ADD THAT SOUND , OR THIS OR THAT TO UR ALBUM"  they had to shut the fuck up and wait til it drops.  so why cant yall do the same instead of expecting too much. yall be crying like bitches, The whole Dogg Pound camp been involved with Snoops albums since 93, Snoop always put them on , either as a feature, or as a producer or as a ghostwriter. so not because they are not rapping or producing on the records means that they are not involved.
8)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »
Plus it cannot get much worse than BCT....yeah i said it, the album is wack
:o

now snoop has def made his share of WACK (DGITBSNTBT) and bad/average ones (R&G & Paid Tha Cost) but i thought BCT was dope as fuck man :o

his easily in his top 4..maybe even top 3

for real dawg, i dont really know why but i seriously cannot get into this album....it gets alot of love on the dub but i just cannot get into it, my homies don't really bump this but it still seems to get much love on here but something is missing for me. I dunno but it sounds a little amatuer an album for me for this stage of snoops career...not in terms of content, i aint gotta problem with snoop going gangster or not, i love his versatility but i just think homies album sounds real amatuer and not well put together. Snoop to me is someone who knows how to put together real dope albums and make hits, i think the album lacked in both areas and the sound just seemed a lil cheap for snoop....i dunno dawg, i just cannot get into this album for some reason...and i aint hatin, i cop all snoops shit i just didnt feel this

^  I feel the same way, sure it has some cool tracks but it's 80% bullshit.....

blows my mind how some retards around here have the nerve to call it a classic Snoop record

and to Lunatic, DA GAME is wack?  you're trippin man, I don't think you've really listened to that shit because everyone I know likes it

my brother isn't even a hiphop head and he jacks that cd all the time from me to bump it

80% bullshit? Really?

Intrology
Think About It
Crazy
Vato
That's That Shit
Candy
Get A Light
Gangbangin 101
Boss' Life
10 lil Crips
Round Here
A Bitch I Knew
Which One of You
I Wanna Fuck You
Psst
Imagine

The only BS to me was LAX, Like This, Beat Up On Yo Pads, and Don't Stop (which Snoop doesn't even rap on). Conversations was ehh... but I can't hate.

That said, thats 5/21 songs = roughly 25% filler. IMO its one of Snoop's best - it might even be his best. I love Doggystyle and his second two No Limit records, but this has more good music.

Then again, you actually liked Da Game, so I guess its different strokes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:48:54 AM by R1ZE »

Okka

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »
west coast: da game is unbearable 2 me as well. just like other dude said, 3-4 tracks MAX and i know PLENTY on here that agree with that

I never liked it much, back in the day when i heard it the first time, i NEVER bumped it. But it grew up on me and i can bump alot of songs from it, like "Still A G Thang", "Gin & Juice II", "I Can't Take The Heat", "Woof!", "Game Of Life", "Get Bout It & Rowdy" and some others. "Da Game" will never be classic, but it has some dope material on it though.

DENS

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
Yes for me too. I think that Da Game Is To Be Sold is more lyrical but the No Limit beat are not maded for Snoop. I like plenty song on it too.

Lunatic

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »
dope tracks on da game:
still a g thang
doggz gonna get ya
hoes money and clout

avg 1s i can still listen to
show me love
don't let go

dope tracks on BCT:
intrology
think about it
crazy
vato
that's that shit
candy
get a light
gangbangin 101
boss' life
l.a.x.
10 lil crips
round here
a bitch i knew
imagine
conversation

avg 1s i can still listen 2
i wanna fuck you

come on man, it's not even close :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DENS

• 'G'
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »
Yes, I Wanna Fuck you is fucked up but it's normal for I don't like the voice of akon, I prefer Nate Dogg.

Don't Let Go is a good song.
"Whatcha Gon' Do" too.

Many songs are good on Ego Trippin' but someone gave me a headack like the song with game, they are screamin' too loud.

Okka

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »
come on man, it's not even close :-\

Yeah, "BCT" might be a better album, but "Da Game" still got some dope tracks too.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »
crank dat > the game

juts playing ...relax and stop fucking with my karma

D~Nice

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »
Da Game was basically that 1st album that a artist from a COMPLETELY different coast tries to adapt to a label's style other than AMW and at times it worked and at times it didn't. Had some good cuts on there though

Mygla

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

Da Game was basically that 1st album that a artist from a COMPLETELY different coast tries to adapt to a label's style other than AMW and at times it worked and at times it didn't. Had some good cuts on there though

That's not really a good argument....Like you said, Cube did it yeeears earlier, Dana Dane did it, and I'm sure there's many more that I can't recall.

D~Nice

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »

That's not really a good argument....Like you said, Cube did it yeeears earlier, Dana Dane did it, and I'm sure there's many more that I can't recall.

It's not a argument. And yeah I can't remember them either. Snoop sticks out more to me because of how big of a artist he was and he had a couple of other options of places to sign at that time. So when he went to the biggest label other than DR at the time, people's expectations were high. But his style just did not fit at times with those beats.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
It was more than just his style to me. Snoop just fell off. You could hear it at time on DoggFather, and throughout Da Game.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:13:25 PM by R1ZE »