Author Topic: the most over rated producer ever is...  (Read 554 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: the most over rated producer ever is...
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
I agree swizz is one of the most over rated ever

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
lol swizz beats eats eminem as a producer everyday of the week whether his overrated or not

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 04:03:15 PM »
I'd pick Em over Swizz anyday. They both don't know shit about a bassline and that thump but comparing their basic melody; Swizz got those annoying club bangers with that "ah ah ah ah" sounds, while Em has that dark sound always with some fly violins. But he needs that dude Luis Riesto or whats his name for the co-production.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 04:10:01 PM »
lol@eminem being a better producer than swizz, sorry that just cracks me up....i guess its all about opinions but thats just hilarious to me, y'all talking about a born and bread proven producer for 8-10 years over someone who "converted" into a producer who has no variety, distinguish dope sound, one dimensional who cannot make a club jam...

its not even comparable in my eyes

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 04:13:50 PM »
em had a few jams in his time. they all sounded similar, some more or less than others, but lose yourself, moment of clarity (jay), obie trice's whole debut album, parts of 50's debut, and the cross (nas) were all nice. even though he fucked up 2pac's shit in a major way with all the cutting/pasting, augmenting and pitch-changing of vocals, some of the beats on loyal to the game were even nice too. as of late.. eh.. maybe not so much.

lol@eminem being a better producer than swizz, sorry that just cracks me up....i guess its all about opinions but thats just hilarious to me, y'all talking about a born and bread proven producer for 8-10 years over someone who "converted" into a producer who has no variety, distinguish dope sound, one dimensional who cannot make a club jam...

its not even comparable in my eyes

swizz is ok, but a lot of his beats use really digital sounds and sound pretty thin. i guess to each his own, but i can understand how some people dont like his style.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
^^^i can totally dig that and how they may feel eminems shit more but to say his a better producer than swizz....i could never agree, swizz got a solid history with cats imo, eminem just got introduced to that shit imo

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »
word, i feel you

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 04:27:54 PM »
Lol, Em has no variety ? I'm not saying he's versatile or anything but Swizz has zero variety. All his beats sound the same. Everytime I hear a track by him I skip it. His beats are so uncreative and boring. And yes, Em aint much better but at least his beats are somewhat more hip hop. All Swizz Beatz does is those boring club tunes. Only Swizz production I like is Rolling and the stuff with DMX. He gave DMX his best shit.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
^no offense doggie, but when someone comes to you for their big budget mainstream single, you usually give them a club tune. thats just the way it is. the reason you like x's swizz joints is probably because he had beats from swizz that werent meant to be single, hence they were more "hip hop", east coast, grimy, and all that stuff. on that note, though, i dont particularly like swizz's style outside of several dope cuts.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 04:35:18 PM »
most over rated is P Diddy

most UNDER rated is Stretch from Live Squad
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »
Lol, Em has no variety ? I'm not saying he's versatile or anything but Swizz has zero variety. All his beats sound the same. Everytime I hear a track by him I skip it. His beats are so uncreative and boring. And yes, Em aint much better but at least his beats are somewhat more hip hop. All Swizz Beatz does is those boring club tunes. Only Swizz production I like is Rolling and the stuff with DMX. He gave DMX his best shit.

eminem has zero variety and creativity! y'all telling me eminem is a creative producer?!?! touch it from swizz beats is more innovative a beat than anything eminem has produced for another rapper!...infact has eminem ever created a hiphop joint....swizz made hiphop beats, club banger, he done it all!

his shit with dmx is off the hook, his shit on cassidy first album that put cassidy on the map is off the hook, his shit with separate crews and his remixes! eminems beats aint hiphop, they just boring and have a monotone sound to them...they're horrible beats, i mean he dont some good beats for some people, but what? 1 beat on an album?...swizz produced and made cats, he knows how to make albums, make hits and be creative, put out different shit, eminem cannot even put his name in the same bracket as swizz production wise...

and when someone wants a hit for an album, they will come to swizz easily before eminem....why? because his a true producer! he can make hits, ppl go to neptunes, because they bangin, ppl go to kanye, timbaland, dre, just blaze and so on....they're real producers! not someone who just chilled with dre for a minute and decided he could produce!

no offense to eminem because i recognize dude made nice beats but his not even close to swizz level as a producer
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:40:56 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:35 PM »
oh and i  aint sayin swizz is amazing or anything but his on another level producing wise to eminem, its his forte, rappin is eminems....or was
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:02:18 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

smegma

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
To me Swizz Beatz is hit or miss. He can make dope beats (Innocent Man from Cassidy for example) and I don't even wanna start about his wack shit, but I thought his "Ghetto Stories" was a solid album.

oh... and LOL @ whoever said Eminem is a better producer than Swizz Beatz. Get the fuck out of here! :D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »

All that stuff about Swizz Beatz making whole albums was in 98. Now it's a different story. Even Cassidy only had or two beats on his new LP (thank God).

Just a couple of dope Em beats for other rappers, niot his stuff, of the top of my head:

50 Cent
Places To Go
Patiently Waiting Feat Eminem
Don’t Push Me Feat Lloyd Banks And Eminem
I’m Supposed To Die Tonight
My Toy Soldier Feat Tony Yayo

Boo Yaa Tribe
911 Feat Eminem And B-Real

DMX
Go To Sleep Feat Eminem And Obie Trice

The Game
We Ain’t Feat Eminem

Jay Z
8 Miles And Runnin' Feat Freeway
Moment Of Clarity
Renegade Feat Eminem

Lloyd Banks
On Fire
Warrior Part II Feat Eminem, 50 Cent And Nate Dogg
Til The End Feat Nate Dogg
Hands Up

Mc Hush
Hush Is Coming Feat Nate Dogg

Nas
The Cross

Notorious B.I.G
It Has Been Said (feat Diddy, Eminem & Obie Trice)

Obie Trice
bunch of tracks

Royce Da5’9
Rock City Feat Eminem

Trick Trick
Welcome To Detroit City Feat Eminem

Tony Yayo
Drama Setter feat Obie Trice & Eminem

Xzibit
Don’t Approach Me Feat Eminem
My Name Feat Eminem And Nate Dogg

Young Buck
Lose My Mind

Money

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Dr. Dre