Author Topic: what was the VERY first hip hop cd you EVER OWNED?  (Read 355 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

Re: what was the VERY first hip hop cd you EVER OWNED?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
Probably Run DMC's Raising Hell in 1986 (on vinyl).

how old are you?  8)
LOL 
I always had like other cds' especially tapes cuz of my older cousins and stff but the first cd I actually brought

was Fabolous- ghetto fabolous (this cd was on point, and i lost it)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
the first cd I owned was mike jacksons BAD the first album on casettte I owned was the fat boys I can honestly say I cant remember ever being "introduced" to hip hop as Its always been a part of my life when I was young I was amazed by my step brother and uncles that used to do the B BOY and graph writing thing...now look at it, yall done fucked it all up.

jk

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »

how old are you?  8)
LOL 
I always had like other cds' especially tapes cuz of my older cousins and stff but the first cd I actually brought

what are you laughin' about? cause you think that he is old? i'm 26 thats why i asked him and raising hell came out in 86 so he must be around my age

D~Nice

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 10:36:42 AM »
The Predator- Ice Cube. I begged my mom to buy it and she bought the clean version on purpose. Cold blooded but back then artists would replace cuss words with other more appropriate words so it was almost like a new album.

BG Dresta

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 10:41:14 AM »

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
The very first cd I bought was "May The Forze Be With You" by DJ Paul Elstak.

lol. Mine was either Now Dance 95 vol.3, or 2 Unlimited - Real Thing. As for hip-hop though, I believe that must've been either Xzibit - Restless, or Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP and Slim Shady LP (I remember I bought these two at once).

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »
To put a long story short I was about 12 years old, First I ever owned was No Limit Top Dogg, but I was confused at the time because I had just saw the "Still D.R.E." video on tv and thought that Dre's album was out at the time but it hadn't dropped yet, so I just copped Top Dogg cause I saw that it featured Dre and thought that I had maybe been mistakened that Just Dippin was that track to the video I had just saw on tv LOL. All in all I was still happy because "Buck Em" "Bitch Please" "Ghetto Symphony" & "Just Dippin" were great tracks to hold me over until Chronic 2001.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
 CD Limp Biskit - Significant Other

Cassette - Coolio Gangsters paradise single

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
first hip hop cd i ever owned was legal by specail ed my uncle gave it 2 me ....the first hip hop cd that i brought was tha last meal by snoop

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
Life After Death. Got it for mo money mo problems, but loved it for Notorious Thugs, Miss U, Skys the Limit, Love the Dough, etc

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

how old are you?  8)
LOL 

what are you laughin' about? cause you think that he is old? i'm 26 thats why i asked him and raising hell came out in 86 so he must be around my age
lol just thought is was funny how it came out

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 12:23:54 PM »
first cassette was illmatic and first cd was resurrection...two of my favorites 8)

It's Chica-I-go for

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
I started listening to rap in 2000, 2001-ish when I was in like 4th grade, but I don't remember the first actual CD that I bought... I think it was Eminem's shit though or Puff Daddy lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
I was pretty ignornat to hip hop till i was about 16, no way out and the carnival were the first albums i owned.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »

how old are you?  8)
LOL 

lol just thought is was funny how it came out

no prob man  8)