Author Topic: Online distribution  (Read 312 times)

smegma

Re: Online distribution
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
...was just talking to Ese... They must have changed that PayPal shit not too long ago. Last time I tried to sign up I needed a credit card, but now I can just use my regular bank pass. Woo :P I'll get back to this in a week or so, hehe.

The iTunes and Snocap shit is still fucked up though.

Hash

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »
As for the buying digital downloads on Itunes, Napster, Rhapsody, etc.  I believe it depends on the artists online distributor's agreement with these companies.

I know my distributor Onward & Upward has my album the "Latinz Finest" album available in many other countries besides the United States like Japan, Germany, England, France, Italy, & more because when I get my checks from them it outlines where and when the digital sales were made.  However, the royalty rate is different from country to country because I get paid less for the same sale and sometimes more depending on the country, but that 's also because of the difference in how much 1 Dollar is to a Euro, to a Yen, etc.

www.myspace.com/hashlosangeles and download the free mixtape here at dubcnn

Hash - Latinz Finest
also buy the Latinz Finest album on Itunes, Napster, Rhapsody and any other digital download network

Ese Torsido

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 01:50:52 PM »
Hash - just as an example - how much would you normally earn from Japan?

Hash

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »
From what I remember ... dont have the statement in front of me ... it's around 14-18 cents per download in Japan

smegma

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »
As for the buying digital downloads on Itunes, Napster, Rhapsody, etc.  I believe it depends on the artists online distributor's agreement with these companies.

I know my distributor Onward & Upward has my album the "Latinz Finest" album available in many other countries besides the United States like Japan, Germany, England, France, Italy, & more because when I get my checks from them it outlines where and when the digital sales were made.  However, the royalty rate is different from country to country because I get paid less for the same sale and sometimes more depending on the country, but that 's also because of the difference in how much 1 Dollar is to a Euro, to a Yen, etc.

www.myspace.com/hashlosangeles and download the free mixtape here at dubcnn

Hash - Latinz Finest
also buy the Latinz Finest album on Itunes, Napster, Rhapsody and any other digital download network

Alright, so basically it depends on the distributor what countries you can release it in?

Wouldn't it possible to sign a contract with whoever/whatever to release something in every country that is a member of the European Union? Or do you really have to make deals for each country?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:03:51 AM by smegma »