Author Topic: RELIGION  (Read 907 times)

PoeticJustice

RELIGION
« on: March 24, 2002, 08:16:32 PM »
i cant see myself ever haveing faith in any sort of religion.. as we have what u call religious finatics, terrorists, all that stuff.. i know its a minority of people like this, probably less than a minority.. but everyones saying religion is life, god is the wya of life, u must have faith.. but if religeon is so right and should be taken on by everyone.. how can religeon bring out things so evil in people.. i will admitt now my dad is totally against muslims.. im not gonna deny it.. and i cant blame him for the shit i hear on the news.. u know.. but he says shit like there all crazy finatic maniacs and shit.. its kinda bad caus i had sum lebonese friends from my old school nhalf them was muslim half of them grew up around religeon but wan muslim and they felt sorry for there fellow countrymen who were muslim.. that shocked me a lot.. im not sayen any religeon is better over another.. i had a mate called michael his parents were christians and his parents were salvos.. now they dont drink smoke swear none of that.. now me and mike had a good friendship and he was banned from all contact with me caus i wasnt the nicest or best kid in 7th grade caus i drank and smoke.. now where in the bible does it say u should segregate yaself from other ppl caus theyhaveproblems.. i woulda thought the bible would say sumthen along the lines of help those people out they need guidance.. these are a few lil examples of why i have no faith.. pls dun hate jsut gimme feedback on this shit

peace

~1~

EDIT**shit i didnt even know how to spell religeon.. i mean religion lol

infinite59

Re: RELIGION
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 08:24:46 PM »
yeah, but check it, whether in or outside of religion there is violence... what about gangstaz and mobsterz?  and your a felon right?  so you did wrong without religion.. you did wrong without religion, and maybe you'd still do wrong with religion.... either way, that's on you, it isn't on God... Everything that we do wrong is on us, what our right hand poseseth.... and we must thank God for all the good we do, for that is only through the grace of God, all the power is with him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

PoeticJustice

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 08:28:08 PM »
so what happens is god created us but he has no power over our lifes? or we choose which path we walk? if all he did was create us wtf is he doen now? i hear sum religeons beleive he is dead and his blood walk the earth or something.. or some beleive jesus was never born.. theres to many blank spots in religion for me.. i could neva find a religion which i personally thought was right.. im just uneducated comen from a bad family and never really properly exposed to these issues

~1~

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 08:29:22 PM »
And to add another thing.... if your going to do wrong, you might as well have a point to it... a political, or socio-logical agenda you are trying to accomplish, that isn't self-serving.  But just commiting acts of crime because your lost, doesn't serve any purpose.  Read Sanyika Shakur's "Monster" that's what the whole book eludes to.  He was in a gang, the bloods his whole life.  In and out of jail.  He still maintained his high-ranking position with the bloods.  But finally, he realized, he was just killing other black men.  He was only adding to the problem.  He was only making things worth.  And he decided, that his fight was not against black men, but against the system that was oppressing him.  He became a Black Muslim, and a black nationalist, and now he commits his life to saving black people.  And improving the position and consciousness of black people.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2002, 08:31:02 PM »
so what happens is god created us but he has no power over our lifes? or we choose which path we walk? if all he did was create us wtf is he doen now? i hear sum religeons beleive he is dead and his blood walk the earth or something.. or some beleive jesus was never born.. theres to many blank spots in religion for me.. i could neva find a religion which i personally thought was right.. im just uneducated comen from a bad family and never really properly exposed to these issues

~1~

Islam is a complete religion, your still probably trying to figure yourself out right now, you aren't ready to commit to a religion, so I would say just learn about religion for now, and try to biuld instead of tear down.

Jamal420

=Re: RELIGION
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2002, 08:43:34 PM »
infinite.......as-salaamwualaykum....i have been wondering about something.....reading several of your posts it appears to me that you converted to Islam.....what I wanted to know is what was the main reason that caused you to take this change? is there anything in particular you saw in Islam that you didn't see in other religions? i know Islam is a great faith but I don't get to look at it the way non-Muslims do because I was born a muslim....you probably understand what I'm trying to say.....personally I could never see myself , nor could I imagine someone else just simply give up on the faith they were grown up with and become the follower of another religion.....but i do know that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world......and I jus wanted to know what causes people to take this change?....what is so great about Islam that made you convert?

PoeticJustice

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2002, 09:07:59 PM »
see infinite thats the problem.. u kinda said in ur post that its better to killsumone in the name of god than kill sumone in cold blood.. to me it sounded like ur saying that if ur gonna killsomeone it aint as bad if its religeous, politial reasons.. its still murder and thats what i dont understand.. it seems to me people say its not as bad that a muslim kills a jew/christian/anyone and its not as bad as me killing a muslim for no religeous reasons ya feel? i feel religion leads to dead ends,, in that it dont make sense to me..
holla

~1~

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2002, 09:13:46 PM »
^^ Yo man, no one is saying if you wanna cap someone, do it for god. I think you should take what Infinite said to heart. Rather than try and cram religion down your throat, he said to just think about it, learn, and don't tear it down. You are going by what people around you are sayin. Do yourself a favor, and read the bible, holy qu'ran (sp), ect, and make your own opinions, judgements. Just cause one cat tells you religion means one thing doesn't mean that is 100% correct. I know alot of christians (my faith) who don't follow the path the way they should. It shouldn't be about telling someone they are gonna burn in hell if they don't tuck in their shirt at church (little extreme, but you get the picture), it should be about educating, and showing the positives or religion. Once again, I urge ya to read holy books from religions, search your soul, and then make your decision bro. And if you have any questions about christianity, I'll be here on the board, ICQ, or AIM if you wanna chat, just like I'm sure there are several others who would talk to you about Islam, Jewish, Sich(sp), or others. Peace man.

PoeticJustice

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2002, 09:26:41 PM »
^i dunno man i aint really got much time to think i got rehab now and anger managment plus other personal and family issues to deal with and shit... i aint got time to read or think abotu nothen usually caus im drugged up and always tried.. they got me on them pills that slow ya down.. i had a break from shit today so i made a few posts.. but im real busy with shit.. and i just get people telling me religion is what i lack in life, and i want to find out why i need faith, caus i aint know shit about it other than what i pick up in here or in conversations around places.. and most of what i hear ar extremists, terrorists, all that shit and im thinken if religion can do that to ya then its the last thing i need right now. i need to find myself, and aparantly i need to find god.. but if i did have faith and did beleive in god i couldnt see myself committing to a religion as i could find millionz and millionz of flaws in them.. i can find flaws now and im uneducated as a 2 year old mules ass..

peace
~1~

Jamal420

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2002, 09:27:44 PM »
automatik i think what infinite was trying to say (and infinite if any of this is wrong please correct me b-cuz i dont wanna seem like i'm talkin out of my ass) is that religion....in ur case i believe its christianity......exists because it leads in a path that u choose to follow, it just gives u some direction...but it is 4 u to choose "which way to turn when u hit a fork"....without religion a person would feel lost and wouldn't have much to turn to 4 help....it might not always seem like there is help, but at least there is hope....and hope is good.....it keeps u on a positive end and keeps makin u go forward in ur live to achieve whatever it is u want to achieve.....i might be gettin a lil off-topic on this one

ur religion is there to teach u what is considered right and what is wrong......and what u can do to "get into heaven"....if u personally believe in an afterlife

what i'm sayin is that religion is not there to tell u how to live ur life....it is there to teach u what is wrong and what is right and it is 4 u to decide if u agree and want to follow those guidelines....if u dont agree wit something that ur religion tells u......maybe u should search behind the "written" and get sum background information on it and then maybe that will change ur outlook on it.....for example i never knew why muslims and jews weren't allowed to eat pork....i thought we're allowed to eat cows, and pigs are animals just like em , but then i learned that people back then saw a trend that humans who ate pork had awkward diseases and many people were dying....today's science shows that pork can make u very sick if not prepared processed and prepared correctly....back then these methods didnt exist

so there's always a reason 4 something that is written in our holy books

what i'm tellin u is that keep faith because that is something that nobody can take away from u, and if u dont see the truth in ur faith, then look into other religions....maybe there's something out there that u might agree with.....infinite for example chose to convert to Islam

PoeticJustice

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2002, 09:34:34 PM »
^im what id call myself a straight thinker.. i dont think about afterlife heaven and thus forth,. i beleive life cant just end after death but i dont think about it.. i dont think about science vs religion, i just live life and try to be good to those around me.. see ima fuck up i will admitt that aint nothen i do right.. but those really close to me see me thro all the bullshit i do and how i act. and beleive i am a good person.. i beleive i am not a bad person.. but i know i am far from a good person.. but i like to keep life simple ya feel? just try and sruvive be prosperous get a family and make them the hapiest people on earth. but i dont beleive god is going to do this for me.. as u say i choose the path.. so if god doesnt choose the path then how will he help me settling down and starting a family? pls holla im getten off topic here these are just personal feelings and thoughts from me.. im trying to understand not to argue..

~1~

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2002, 09:39:14 PM »
see infinite thats the problem.. u kinda said in ur post that its better to killsumone in the name of god than kill sumone in cold blood.. to me it sounded like ur saying that if ur gonna killsomeone it aint as bad if its religeous, politial reasons.. its still murder and thats what i dont understand.. it seems to me people say its not as bad that a muslim kills a jew/christian/anyone and its not as bad as me killing a muslim for no religeous reasons ya feel? i feel religion leads to dead ends,, in that it dont make sense to me..
holla

~1~

Thanks to Bad Ass and Jamal.... yeah, basically I was stating that Maxi, your an atheist correct, and you say religion is a dead end, but look at your life, it seems from what you've said that it has been a dead end, as was mine as an atheist.  So you are not escaping anything by being an atheist.  That was the main point that I was making.  People say that religion causes people to kill because of religion.  But I say, look at all the non-religious atheist cats that kill eachother everyday, because they looked at you wrong.

PoeticJustice

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2002, 09:46:06 PM »
This is the text response report im writing to get back into school and try to finish my education...

TOPIC SENTENCE:Although Elii focusses on the loss, the 'total irreconsilable loss' should we see her story as a victory?

i wrote an introduction to this essay back ground on teh book and the war.. Elli is an auto biography on a 14 year old jewish girl surviving in the holocaust in around poland, aushwitz and hungary... i brain stormed ideas on victories and losses and i came up with 3 paragraphs.. the victories... her personal losses... and the social and word-wide losses..

this is my conclusion

Elli’s  personal story is one of survival which in itself is a victory.  But the losses are what stood out in such a brave story.  The victories were that people who kept religious faith with the will to survive but the deaths of over 6 millions people shouldn’t have to occur for these human qualities to come out.  Thus the loss was overwhelming.  

see that.. it was a victory that she kept her religious faith the whole time... but 6 millions peoples died? ya feel me? like we shouldnt need a holocaust or violence to bring out these human qualities and religeous beleifs.. i should find faith caus i have a personal crises.. i shouldnt beleive, or have faith just to help my situation.. i should be able to have faith when my mind is str8.. thats why i needa find myself first and understand why religion is neccesary..

peace
~1~

infinite59

Re: =RELIGION
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2002, 09:46:12 PM »
infinite.......as-salaamwualaykum....i have been wondering about something.....reading several of your posts it appears to me that you converted to Islam.....what I wanted to know is what was the main reason that caused you to take this change? is there anything in particular you saw in Islam that you didn't see in other religions? i know Islam is a great faith but I don't get to look at it the way non-Muslims do because I was born a muslim....you probably understand what I'm trying to say.....personally I could never see myself , nor could I imagine someone else just simply give up on the faith they were grown up with and become the follower of another religion.....but i do know that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world......and I jus wanted to know what causes people to take this change?....what is so great about Islam that made you convert?

Walakumsalaam brother... thanks for the interest in my testimony.

I was raised Christian, like all the other people I live around.  Loosely Christian.  I began to see all the hypocrisy involved in the churches I went to.  And I also began to feel disatisfied with my life as a whole.  I became an angry atheist.  But then I worked nightstock with a Muslim from Africa named Bubbacarr.  And a Rastafarian cat.  And they had me seeing life in a totally different way.  I started to understand spirituality and understand that they're were alternatives to the life I was raised in.
But I wasn't ready to submit, until eventually I had a breakdown.  My shortcoming as an atheist was I worshipped a woman instead of God.  Some people worship money, cars, etc., I worshipped a woman.  She was an x-girlfriend of mine and I had spent years trying to win her back.  Till finally I realized I was never going to get her back, and I was devastated.  I was failing in school, relationships, my jobs.  I was living on my own.  I was in desperate need of knowledge and discipline to save my ass.  So I called up Bubbacarr and told him that I needed to make a serious change with my life.  And that I wanted to become a Muslim.  From there, I went to the mosque and I've been a Muslim for over a year.

PoeticJustice

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2002, 09:50:14 PM »
from what i understand infinite ur parents are christians? and i know u have a disfunctional family right? is that because of u finding islam? or other reasons.. caus if ur family is bad caus u found religion is that a fault in humanity meaning ya family or is it a fault in religion as they think that islam is wrong..

~1~