Author Topic: RELIGION  (Read 908 times)

infinite59

Re: RELIGION
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2002, 10:15:45 PM »
from what i understand infinite ur parents are christians? and i know u have a disfunctional family right? is that because of u finding islam? or other reasons.. caus if ur family is bad caus u found religion is that a fault in humanity meaning ya family or is it a fault in religion as they think that islam is wrong..

~1~

No.  I don't talk to my parents about Islam.  I practice it on my own time.  My home life was fucked up growing up because my dad was an alchoholic, and my mom went in to depression when I hit adolescence, and she started taking alot of pills, but they're okay parents now.  Now that I have giudance threw the Qu'ran and religion.  I have to take care of myself, because if I ever need them for anything it's too much for them too handle, they got enough problems on their own, one more and all hell breaks lose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2002, 10:23:38 PM »
This is the text response report im writing to get back into school and try to finish my education...

TOPIC SENTENCE:Although Elii focusses on the loss, the 'total irreconsilable loss' should we see her story as a victory?

i wrote an introduction to this essay back ground on teh book and the war.. Elli is an auto biography on a 14 year old jewish girl surviving in the holocaust in around poland, aushwitz and hungary... i brain stormed ideas on victories and losses and i came up with 3 paragraphs.. the victories... her personal losses... and the social and word-wide losses..

this is my conclusion

Elli’s  personal story is one of survival which in itself is a victory.  But the losses are what stood out in such a brave story.  The victories were that people who kept religious faith with the will to survive but the deaths of over 6 millions people shouldn’t have to occur for these human qualities to come out.  Thus the loss was overwhelming.  

see that.. it was a victory that she kept her religious faith the whole time... but 6 millions peoples died? ya feel me? like we shouldnt need a holocaust or violence to bring out these human qualities and religeous beleifs.. i should find faith caus i have a personal crises.. i shouldnt beleive, or have faith just to help my situation.. i should be able to have faith when my mind is str8.. thats why i needa find myself first and understand why religion is neccesary..

peace
~1~

Aiight, good shit... that can work.

PoeticJustice

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2002, 10:26:18 PM »
see i think its a victory that she kept religion and kept faith and that kept her strong.. n shit but do people have to suffer for religion to come into effect? ive gota lot of contradiction of shit in my head.. ima bounce to bed n explain in more depth tomorrow after rehab..

~1~

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2002, 05:16:07 AM »
I was raised Christian, like all the other people I live around.  Loosely Christian.  I began to see all the hypocrisy involved in the churches I went to.  And I also began to feel disatisfied with my life as a whole.  I became an angry atheist.  But then I worked nightstock with a Muslim from Africa named Bubbacarr.  And a Rastafarian cat.  And they had me seeing life in a totally different way.  I started to understand spirituality and understand that they're were alternatives to the life I was raised in.
But I wasn't ready to submit, until eventually I had a breakdown.  My shortcoming as an atheist was I worshipped a woman instead of God.  Some people worship money, cars, etc., I worshipped a woman.  She was an x-girlfriend of mine and I had spent years trying to win her back.  Till finally I realized I was never going to get her back, and I was devastated.  I was failing in school, relationships, my jobs.  I was living on my own.  I was in desperate need of knowledge and discipline to save my ass.  So I called up Bubbacarr and told him that I needed to make a serious change with my life.  And that I wanted to become a Muslim.  From there, I went to the mosque and I've been a Muslim for over a year.  

Wow man, that is deep.

As for you Automatik, sounds like you are goin through alot of shit. I hope the rehab works man. Stay up, and like I said earlier, if you ever wanna chat, just holla.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2002, 08:05:42 AM »
Automatik -this is something that happened when I was writing poetry for a few other people and had happened to be thinking about you and your mother..........I like to think about it before I write because not only must the poem be pleasing to the ear,but the person who died most likely at some point is gonna be in some part of the poem rather the person told me about them or not.I can just sit near someone and pick things up from people always have been able too,thats why I can spot my enemies from a mile away.....they cannot creep up on me,because I know when they are there,you can't help it if you can see it,but well read the next part and you might see something that you didn't quite get before.....................
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2002, 08:14:56 AM »
the only image I ever got of your mother was of a flower that grew through a wall,now you could see how the flower was not facing the light,now God is the light right?Okay so and you know how a flower needs light?Well he had to pull the flower back through this crack back to his side so that she could get the light that he wanted to give her,the same light that he wants to give you..........like,well..........I heard the purest note before the plant was pulled back in and the sweetest voice and I knew then,God starts and God ends and He starts again..........it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense this is His planet..........He makes the rules on it..........and you my darling Maxi are like a bubbling brook crashing into boulders running this way and that on your way to a bigger place but you remember this,it was Him who designed you to go to this bigger place not you,it was Him......so if you just go and thank Him on the way I would think everything should be okay........and read and learn more about him,when you get stronger I will tell you why I did not leave,what it was that caused me to hang on so tightly......I seen something right before that plant got pulled through,I take it that your mother was something else wasn't she?

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2002, 12:44:10 PM »
It's people that take things way out of context. Most religions do not say to go out and kill people. It's people who twist their beliefs to make it like killing people is the right thing. That's how those guys got brainwashed into crashing airplanes into buildings.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

PoeticJustice

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2002, 05:58:42 PM »
this is a quote ive heard..

"out of every good things must come evil...."

ruthless my mother was the only most decent peacefull thing i have ever known..

peace
~1~

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2002, 09:07:35 AM »
that is what I am telling you I already know this...........Max listen I know you lost alot when you lost her I know you did I can see it...........I could tell when I recieved those impressions of her being pulled through a wall to the other side so she could get light..........He wanted her because she has a very very vibrant personality but so do you baby so do you.........but you have to see it,not just see it but believe it.........then when you beieve it,then you have to live it,and it won't always be that simple Max seince you are like a rambling brook,you will have twists and turns that you will not see come up on you out of no where and unfortunatley seince you are the wild type apperantly you have a few waterfalls,,,,,but waterfalls can be mastered and twists and turns can be manuvered.........you have to find what it is that He wants out of you Max and then you have to live that.........that is all you have ever had to do,that is it,nothing else,life is not comlicated only if you make it,if you are scared I will pray for you,that is not a problem..........and you will make it Max trust me baby cuz I seen something before she went through that wall that makes me believe in you Maxi...........and I know you can do this,you remind me of my son I ever tell you that?So cmon son......try a little harder you can do it......................

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2002, 12:23:03 PM »
umm, i havent read the full extent of this post, jut the first few posts.
But i put this to you infinite. You come to ireland and tell all those who's relatives have died in the troubles, that it was ok, because it was in the name of religion. In the name of a political cause. You look them in the eye and tell them that. And you dont need me to tell u there response.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

PoeticJustice

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2002, 08:22:30 PM »
^ thats so true that.. i heard a lotta stories from this guy i know about that shit and it sounds fucked up.. i dunno i just see to many contradicitons in religion.. i understand what u sayen ruthless n it sounds good n shit, from what everyones sayen to me i want something.. something inside me is missing.. but something inside me is against religion.. its just a feeling

~1~

Naz-T

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2002, 09:36:57 PM »
I think God gave us a free will, which we all enjoy, it's what seperates us form the animals, It would be ignorent to blame God for wars we start, and God never Said, kill other religions off, I think every prophet comes form the same god, like an update...you know...we can't live with the same laws for ever, I think every prophet comes to update the rules and reminds ppl of the fact there is a God, but we people interpretate and shit , so many get the wrong ideas and I think Priests and all these religgious leaders shouldn't be there, first off they don't have the right, plus they spread their "interpretation"...and this way sekts emerge all that shit and that is wrong...anyway thats my opinion...I believe in all that, but choose not to be religious, as I don't want to obey to rules set, and laws...you know what I'm saying, I think a lot of ppl claim to be christian or muslim or something...but I think it is a way of living...and many ppl claim but don't live up to it...anyway I 'm goin off topic..I'm not religious but do believe in all what I just said...

Peace

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2002, 06:31:35 AM »
maybe youm should think about it this way Max maybe you should try God before you push him away from you.....just try him....othing hard baby just try him,just get down on your knees and tell him you are sorry for your sins and see if that does not make you feel better,make sure you are really sorry first,then I will have a second step for you

ToNe1904

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2002, 09:18:55 AM »
i cant see myself ever haveing faith in any sort of religion.. as we have what u call religious finatics, terrorists, all that stuff.. i know its a minority of people like this, probably less than a minority.. but everyones saying religion is life, god is the wya of life, u must have faith.. but if religeon is so right and should be taken on by everyone.. how can religeon bring out things so evil in people.. i will admitt now my dad is totally against muslims.. im not gonna deny it.. and i cant blame him for the shit i hear on the news.. u know.. but he says shit like there all crazy finatic maniacs and shit.. its kinda bad caus i had sum lebonese friends from my old school nhalf them was muslim half of them grew up around religeon but wan muslim and they felt sorry for there fellow countrymen who were muslim.. that shocked me a lot.. im not sayen any religeon is better over another.. i had a mate called michael his parents were christians and his parents were salvos.. now they dont drink smoke swear none of that.. now me and mike had a good friendship and he was banned from all contact with me caus i wasnt the nicest or best kid in 7th grade caus i drank and smoke.. now where in the bible does it say u should segregate yaself from other ppl caus theyhaveproblems.. i woulda thought the bible would say sumthen along the lines of help those people out they need guidance.. these are a few lil examples of why i have no faith.. pls dun hate jsut gimme feedback on this shit

peace

~1~

EDIT**shit i didnt even know how to spell religeon.. i mean religion lol

yah i feel u on summa this shit. i aint really religious myself. i mean, tha way i look at shit....is....u should do whateva it is that will make u a better person. for a lotta people, religion has turned their life around. Theyve quit alotta negative things in their life because of it. And thas good. But if u manage to do it withOUT religion, then thas ok too. There is a lotta negativity that comes from religion also. but u cant blame religion, u blame tha people. People cant handle differences in ANYthing, so they chose to kill off what they dont agree with. Im one of those people who doesnt believe much, till i see it. i need proof, shiiiit. i aint tha typa person tah get conned. The way i see religion is like this. Long ago there was a need to make people obey a certain way of life, and rules. And we've all seen how man fears what they dont understand. So tha easiest way to ensure this way of life, is to say that theres some sorta magical god in tha sky (or whatever yur religion uses as its overseer) that will punish u if u do not obey the rules. Its sort of like tha whole Santa Clause thing with christmas. that u tell little kids, if they dont behave during the year...santa wont bring them presents. If anyone still believes that a fat white man with a red suit, comes from the north pole and rides a sleigh with reindeer...to bring presents to the whole world (the whole world who can afford presents that is)...well, youd be thought of as crazee. Ive noticed that, no matter how much people like to say that theyre a leader...that they are their own person. They really arent. for tha most part people need SUMTHING to follow. Because people dont deal well with things that just cant be explained. If sum occurance happens that we cant figure out the reason behind, its easier for us to say..."it must have been the work of God" then it is to say..."I just dont understand how it happened". Nobody is omnipotent, and nobody will understand EVERYthing. This is why u have a brain tho, to TRY and figure out why things are the way they are. Or why things happen. And not just write it off to "Gods Doing". I think people have a much greater inner strength then they want to believe. Occassionally theyre capable of doin "miraculous" things. But for sum reason its alwayz said that it was done with "Gods" help. This doesnt mean im knockin anyone for their beliefs. I jus cant stand tha attitude i get frum alotta religious people....that...they believe sumhow their better then me, because i dont believe what they believe. That somehow i need to be "saved". get tha fuk outta here wit that shit. Cus i dont follow a specific cult...i need to be saved? whateva. So basically, i say do whats best for u...and leave tha next person to figure out whats best for them. Religion isnt the answer for everyone. For sum, it helps. For sum, they need religion to make them stronger. But for sum, it doesnt help. Cus sum people might find strength in other things. So shit...do whatcha do. I respect otha peoples beliefs, as long as they respect mine. And get tha damn Jahovas Witnesses off my DOORSTEP, i dont want yur pamplets!! lol

ToNe1904

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2002, 09:25:44 AM »
I think God gave us a free will, which we all enjoy, it's what seperates us form the animals, It would be ignorent to blame God for wars we start, and God never Said, kill other religions off, I think every prophet comes form the same god, like an update...you know...we can't live with the same laws for ever, I think every prophet comes to update the rules and reminds ppl of the fact there is a God, but we people interpretate and shit , so many get the wrong ideas and I think Priests and all these religgious leaders shouldn't be there, first off they don't have the right, plus they spread their "interpretation"...and this way sekts emerge all that shit and that is wrong...anyway thats my opinion...I believe in all that, but choose not to be religious, as I don't want to obey to rules set, and laws...you know what I'm saying, I think a lot of ppl claim to be christian or muslim or something...but I think it is a way of living...and many ppl claim but don't live up to it...anyway I 'm goin off topic..I'm not religious but do believe in all what I just said...

Peace

i feel what u sayin. but, if there was ever an institution that DOESNT change with the times, its religion. And also, i dont think we are AS seperated from the animals as people wanna believe. we are tha same. I mean, we value human life more then other animals. Just tha same as they value theres more then ours. Weve evolved into what we are, but everything has its own weaknesses and strengths. In the water, tha Shark is FAR superior to us. We're strong mentally, but reletively...very weak physically. If we were so much more valued by God...this wouldnt be the case.