Author Topic: List of Scientologists  (Read 559 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: List of Scientologists
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »
Yeah but thruout the Bible, it talks all about the creation of man, and never once, I believe, it says anythang about evolution or monkeys....I'm not sayin' I believe in the whole Adam & Eve shit, but I'm just sayin'.

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
Yeah but thruout the Bible, it talks all about the creation of man, and never once, I believe, it says anythang about evolution or monkeys....I'm not sayin' I believe in the whole Adam & Eve shit, but I'm just sayin'.

what's your point?

are you saying whatever the bible does not mention is blasphemy?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 06:38:42 PM »
isnt NIK?

No one's laughing at your nutriding jokes anymore, Banana Boy. Your stay at WCC is done. :-*

AndrE16686

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 04:48:58 AM »
IMO the STUDY of SCIENCE does not make me less religious or reject my Christian beliefs about God. infact it STRENGTHENS them. i think that all this stuff about God making the world in 144 hours is man made, and when you get into how the world was MOST LIKELY made (science's explanation) it makes God and creation more beautiful

cuz on the real if there is a God and he's the Alpha and the Omega . i think it's more beautiful and intelligent for him to create it how science has it in text books than how the bible/Torah/qua'ran has it, "i dream of genie" "bewitched" style. lol. for reals. to me That's what Scientology should be. not this space age sci fi tom cruise bull shit.

Word.

Elevz

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 08:00:20 AM »
Religion makes much more sense than science though. Ya'll know that, lol, word? I don't even know how dudes can live like that. :-\  There's no reason for nothang.

Religion provides explanations for everything, but none of these explanations are falsifiable. There is no reason in religion, except for "we can't be sure about what we don't[/i] know, thus we'll accept it for truth"
Science on the other hand, is based on what we do know. Anything not falsifiable is looked upon as vague and uncertain and will certainly not be classified as "the ultimate truth". There are laws (and thus explanations) for everything, but not everything happens for a purpose. And there's reasonable explanations for that as well. Explanations based on science; based on what we do know.

Ok, so you believe in people, but why would you put your faith in them? Ok, so you believe in science, but what's really gonna come out of that? Science in sooo fuckin' unpredictable.

To believe in people, what does that mean? What exactly is it about people that you believe in?
To believe in science... How can you say that's unpredictable? Science is based on laws about the way the world around us operates. These laws have come around through testing and observing the world. Laws can be adjusted when flaws are exposed, but you're making it sound as if some credible scientist may come out tomorrow and tell us oxygen does not exist.

One minute they coming out wit studies of 'this', but 1 year later, if that, they knockin' they study and sayin' somethang different. Why put faith in somethang that you are not 100% sure of?

That's simply some scientist coming with a new theory and looking for evidence. Some other scientist noticed the flaws in it, pointed out the flaws, proved his case by bringing up evidence, and then the theory was disposed. Now that is exactly why you should put trust in verified science: its assumptions are tested throughout time, and rejected when proven unfitting. That doesn't make everything any scientist says true; science requires the mind of a critic. You don't take the next man's word for granted either, do you?

Anythang can change at any minute in science. But now as far as a religion is concerned, they set, they ain't switching up stories. I don't know, that's them I suppose. Doug E Fresh though, What the fuck??

Exactly. Religion isn't out to test its assumptions or perceptions of the world; it is blindly accepted as truth.

Scientific assumptions change only in uncertain fields we know little about. There's a lot to be studied about the functioning of the human body and brain, as well as the functioning of society; these are aspects of science which are too complex to 'just understand'. There's major work being done there though, which is why there's so many theories floating around, some being verified, some falsified. Natural sciences and maths though, would you seriously say those sciences are uncertain and change by the day? Are you crazy?

Elevz

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 08:01:05 AM »
Besides, I think it says a lot that this discussion isn't being held inside the TOT.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 09:29:33 AM »
Ok, so you believe in people, but why would you put your faith in them? Ok, so you believe in science, but what's really gonna come out of that? Science in sooo fuckin' unpredictable.

To believe in people, what does that mean? What exactly is it about people that you believe in?
To believe in science... How can you say that's unpredictable? Science is based on laws about the way the world around us operates. These laws have come around through testing and observing the world. Laws can be adjusted when flaws are exposed, but you're making it sound as if some credible scientist may come out tomorrow and tell us oxygen does not exist.

I got that shit from you homie. You told me you believe in people, and I needed an example. ;)

Natural sciences and maths though, would you seriously say those sciences are uncertain and change by the day? Are you crazy?
No I don't think those will change daily.

I don't know, I don't know, I'm done with these discussions, they drive a nigga crazy. Too much thinkin' and questionin'.

Elevz

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
Natural sciences and maths though, would you seriously say those sciences are uncertain and change by the day? Are you crazy?
No I don't think those will change daily.

I don't know, I don't know, I'm done with these discussions, they drive a nigga crazy. Too much thinkin' and questionin'.

Too much thinking and questioning? You're human. Humans don't have claws, they don't have instincts to keep them going. You've got a heart that's beating and lungs that keep breathing, but that's not enough to guarantee survival. Humans have a rational faculty; it is the only function by which man has managed to survive throughout the years. Develop that, and it will be to your benefit. Deny its importance, and hand yourself over to the perverted thoughts and whims of submission to unknown powers. And you say that's what brings stability in your life? Good luck believing that.

P.S.: you know I don't hold grudges against you; I'm just speaking my mind. Yes, the results of thinking.