Author Topic: How old are you guys? Do you not remember when Em put out classics?  (Read 558 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: How old are you guys? Do you not remember when Em put out classics?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
shiiiit i remember back then when eminem was droppin heat like its nuttin, especially over dre tracks BUT this was in 1999-2001/2....todays its 2008 and eminem has been garbage for a long time....yes at one stage he was considered close to untouchable, but many rappers have been through a stage like that, whether u want to talk about snoop, pac, biggie, nas, jigga just to name a few...

by the way when u speak of classics what do you mean? as in albums or tracks? because no doubt he put out hella 5/5 joints but classic albums? hell naw....sslp aint no classic,. nor is eminem show...encore is on the total opposite end of the classic judgin scale and mmlp is his closest attempt....i wouldnt argue if you said to me that was a classic...

by the way off topic but in regards to the genesis talk on this topic, its a banger no doubt, alot of club/party classics on the album but it isnt a classic album...

eminem has always had no variety, his one of the least versatile rappers around and thats his biggest problem, he could speak on shit on sslp...expand on the same shit on mmlp....by the time eminem show came around his same topics became played out....and then on encore is just got ridicolous....try something new, try reaching out or atleast come lyrical on a serious tip if you cannot find yourself musically inspired anymore...take a tip from cats like luda,jigga, snoop, nas who put out albums consistantly and seem to always have shit to speak on and come from different angles...

by the way before groupies jump on me, i aint no eminem hater, when he drops his new album i will cop it, i just hope dre makes sure this cat comes straight...don't want to hear more garbage but im also realistic about the hiphop world and there are other cats out there who are dope too, not just eminem...

by the way im 23, wasnt introduced to hiphop through eminem, was born and raised on shit like hiphop....and i remember when cats like eminem were droppin alot of 5/5 joints but so were many other cats

pz

Doggystylin

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »
Nas OK Jay ehh ok, but Snoop? that motherfucker has been rapping the same elementary rhymes since 92, how can you say he's versatile? his subject matter has been going in circle for years.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Nas OK Jay ehh ok, but Snoop? that motherfucker has been rapping the same elementary rhymes since 92, how can you say he's versatile? his subject matter has been going in circle for years.

lmao@ snoop not being versatile...his twice as versatile as nas and probably pretty much the same as jigga....i aint even a jigga fan but i recognize that....snoops style of rapping may not have changed much but he can make club joints, serious shit, weird shit, bangers, hood shit, thinking shit....snoop can go from hennessey n buddah to drop it likes its hot to beautiful to lay low to y'all gone miss me...thats how versatile snoop is...he is easily one of the most versatile rappers out....eminem on the other hand...lol....mom, wife, baby.........BOOOOORRRRING....eminems been wack a for a long ass time...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
I'm 22, I remember when Em blew up

The Slim Shady LP = classic
The Marshall Mathers LP = near classic
The Eminem Show = weak, this is where Eminem started to fall off

I don't even wanna talk about the rest.

kemizt

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

lmao@ snoop not being versatile...his twice as versatile as nas and probably pretty much the same as jigga....i aint even a jigga fan but i recognize that....snoops style of rapping may not have changed much but he can make club joints, serious shit, weird shit, bangers, hood shit, thinking shit....snoop can go from hennessey n buddah to drop it likes its hot to beautiful to lay low to y'all gone miss me...thats how versatile snoop is...he is easily one of the most versatile rappers out....eminem on the other hand...lol....mom, wife, baby.........BOOOOORRRRING....eminems been wack a for a long ass time...

this is true

TRG

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 05:26:04 PM »
IMO

SSLP=Near Classic
MMLP=Classic
Eminem Show=Dope Album
8 Mile tracks=dope tracks

and thats about it..

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 05:38:02 PM »
I fully endorse this thread. 
word,although i have been less than impressed with his recent shit i refuse to write the dude off.

The Watcher

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
word,although i have been less than impressed with his recent shit i refuse to write the dude off.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Invincible

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 06:51:09 PM »

Me too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
LOL talking like when Em came out it was so long ago.

I remember going to a Snoop concert in 93 bumping Eazy E on the way to the concert.

i remember yesterday, i was eating a sandwich, and then i had ems back in a thread VERY similar to this one...kinda like the one i was in two days ago, when someone else said the EXACT same thing too. cmon now, he isnt wack. hes been in a slump as of late. MMLP, SSLP, eminem show, a few verses here and there were classics, after GRODT he was wack. its the same shit everyday ::). anyone have any recent news on the man? i heard he was gaining weight? how is that goin? i hear hes in a limbo, if he should drop another album? any recent word on that? cuz makin a new thread everyday bout the man sayin how hes wack and how he use to be good is getting OLD!!!

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
its all opinions my friend. I loved E.L.E, the title track was fire! Basically eminem fell off and busta hasnt so: Busta > Eminem in the year 2008.

May I add that the recent Dillagence mixtape is prolly the hottest mixtape ive heard in years.  ;D

The Coming & Genesis are fuckin' really strong albums, full of quality material.I think that's Busta at his best

When Disaster Strikes is really nice too, but not as good as the above 2.Can't comment on E.L.E., and what I've heard from Anarchy has been great (probably my favourite Scott Storch beat, Bladow!, and Busta and Raekwon on a Large Pro beat  :o )

It Ain't safe No More has some BANGING Dilla beats and a good portion of solid tracks.Haven't bumped it in a long time, and I should.The Big Bang, again is a good album minus 2-3 tracks

Come to think of It I should listen to Busta's discography and post my thoughts.I'm curious to see the reactions

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »
I don't understand all the love for Em.

I like his serious stuff, but when people bring up SSLP and MMLP - everything I've heard from that time is Em with a whiny ass high pitched voice and ridiculously overdone hardcore lyrics. It's not impressive, its just weird. I like a few songs off each of his albums (even Encore), but none of them are listenable the whole way through. Not even half-way through.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 04:19:01 AM »
I was in my earlier teens when the SSLP and the MMLP came out and I do remember those were great albums. I don't know why people keep hating on The Eminem Show, most of it was pretty good IMO...the shit that came after that is forgettable, but I think we're all agreeing there

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »
All I ever hear on this board about Eminem is about how wack he is and for god sakes when people are putting Busta Rhymes over him I have to take into consideration that I have been on this board for years and there are a lot of newbs on here nowdays that just simply might be too young to have been listening to hip hop back in 99-03, cause I know there are a lot of 14-16 year olds on here. Nothing wrong with that. I was 14 when I started posting on this board. But it just doesn't make sense to me when I hear people talking about Eminem being wack. Maybe you guys just don't remember his work in those days. Infinite, SSLP,2001, MMLP, Devil's Night, Eminem Show, Random guest appearances. Everything he spit in those days was either 5/5 or 4/5 material.

I mean yeah sure he's put out weak shit in the recent years but since when you judge an artist on not even a tenth of his work. the MAJORITY of his work is strong compared to his weak songs that he's released. Yet he still gets shitted on. So many great artists have put out weak material but the weak gets overlooked and they get praised for their good.

Co-sign.

No doubt, Eminem carries the burden of genius.  He held such a high standard from 98 to 2003 that he never released a wack song during those years, which is actually phenomenal when you think about it.  The only other rapper that can accomplish that is 2pac.....  Every other rapper comes out with wack joint after wack joint but we just skip past it and focus on their great songs and great albums.

Think about it like this, the three greatest rappers ever are....

1. 2pac - no wack cuts
2. Eminem-  no wack cuts from 98-2003
3.  Nas - first album flawless, second album had as many wack cuts as it did hot joints.  Third and fourth album were complete trash, we forgave him and he started puttin out some hot joints again (along with fillers).

...now think of how many wack joints Nas has done and been on over the years and we give him a free pass and overlook all his wack cuts and guest appearances.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

JAZ

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
All I ever hear on this board about Eminem is about how wack he is and for god sakes when people are putting Busta Rhymes over him I have to take into consideration that I have been on this board for years and there are a lot of newbs on here nowdays that just simply might be too young to have been listening to hip hop back in 99-03, cause I know there are a lot of 14-16 year olds on here. Nothing wrong with that. I was 14 when I started posting on this board. But it just doesn't make sense to me when I hear people talking about Eminem being wack. Maybe you guys just don't remember his work in those days. Infinite, SSLP,2001, MMLP, Devil's Night, Eminem Show, Random guest appearances. Everything he spit in those days was either 5/5 or 4/5 material.

I mean yeah sure he's put out weak shit in the recent years but since when you judge an artist on not even a tenth of his work. the MAJORITY of his work is strong compared to his weak songs that he's released. Yet he still gets shitted on. So many great artists have put out weak material but the weak gets overlooked and they get praised for their good.

Co-sign.

No doubt, Eminem carries the burden of genius.  He held such a high standard from 98 to 2003 that he never released a wack song during those years, which is actually phenomenal when you think about it.  The only other rapper that can accomplish that is 2pac.....  Every other rapper comes out with wack joint after wack joint but we just skip past it and focus on their great songs and great albums.

Think about it like this, the three greatest rappers ever are....

1. 2pac - no wack cuts
2. Eminem-  no wack cuts from 98-2003
3.  Nas - first album flawless, second album had as many wack cuts as it did hot joints.  Third and fourth album were complete trash, we forgave him and he started puttin out some hot joints again (along with fillers).

...now think of how many wack joints Nas has done and been on over the years and we give him a free pass and overlook all his wack cuts and guest appearances.
lmao.