Author Topic: Lil Wayne: New Album 'Will Stick With You Forever'  (Read 778 times)

Elano

Lil Wayne: New Album 'Will Stick With You Forever'
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
Fresh out of jail on drug charges, Lil Wayne says his long-delayed album Tha Carter III is going to be a cinematic triumph.

Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" has been delayed numerous times in the past six months, but in his first interview since his recent arrest on felony drugs and weapons charges in Arizona, the rapper promises the new album will be worth the wait.

"It's one of those albums people are really waiting on, so I made it so that whatever is on it will stick with you forever," he tells Billboard of the project, which has been plagued with leaks. "I'm taking my time with it. And I'm giving artists I respect and people I want to do songs with -- not songs the label fixed -- an opportunity to collaborate."

"I think this album is going to be one of my best albums," he continues. "I'm a true perfectionist. I might have to work out a deal with Universal to shoot a video to for all these songs, that's how crazy they all are. Every one of them is a movie."

Although Wayne was happy to discuss "Tha Carter III," which is expected in March or April via Cash Money/Universal, he didn't want to talk about what went down in Arizona, where he's been ordered to return for a Feb. 12 hearing. "I've got nothing to say about that," he replied when asked about the arrest.

The new album's official single, the Deezle-produced "Lollipop," features Static and will be serviced to radio shortly. A video for it was recently shot in Las Vegas. Other guests on the set include Hurricane Chris, Corey Gunz, Tyga, Jibbs, Shanell, Kidd Kidd, Mack Maine and Lil Mama. Jim Jonsin, the Alchemist and Cool and Dre contributed production.

Wayne has released six albums and made more than 40 guest appearances since 1999 -- 17 of those collaborations in the last two years -- not to mention the massive amount of mixtapes and leaked tracks that routinely appear online.

"I've found out that I love doing music for others," he says. "You're making history when you're making music with somebody else, for somebody else. Plus, I find that when I do that, it doesn't get leaked. And when it does, it doesn't do what it does when it's one of my songs. I get a real joy. And it's another reason why I was able to wait so long to put another album out -- because these features keep me eating and making money."

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lil Wayne: New Album 'Will Stick With You Forever'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
it better be. ;D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
i guess he will count the money from the bunk bed in his cell.

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »
I've got serious problems. I'm actually looking forward to this. The Leak has got some dope shit on it and i've got right into Carter 2 aswell. He's gone up in my estimations recently but i still don't think he's the best out there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »
I've got serious problems. I'm actually looking forward to this. The Leak has got some dope shit on it and i've got right into Carter 2 aswell. He's gone up in my estimations recently but i still don't think he's the best out there.

i got that problem too lol. kinda lookin foward to this. and if he claims itll be dopest shit ever, lemme hear it!!

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:57 AM »
it would be dope to have a Cash Money Records Reunion cut

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:53:46 AM »
Wayne sucks and is the most over rated rapper today.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 07:41:11 AM »
not expecting this to be any good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »
Wayne sucks and is the most over rated rapper today.

LOL. Going to have to hella disagree with that statement.

Can't wait for Carter tre. Whiteboy was on point with his leak post because that shit is/was dope and Tha Carter I/II + leaks have mostly been dope as hell.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »
lil wayne is getting mad money, and the women love him, all the youngsters try to act like him, hes winning.
i would give his album a listen.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
not really a big fan but since he claims to be the best gotta check it out at least to see what he comes up with

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »
with all the hype he's getting, it better be on some epic level. don't let me down Dwayne.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
lil wayne is getting mad money, and the women love him, all the youngsters try to act like him, hes winning.
i would give his album a listen.

What does any of that shit have to do with the quality of his music? 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
not really a big fan but since he claims to be the best gotta check it out at least to see what he comes up with

I'm the greatest rapper alive, wanna buy my shit?

Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »

I'm the greatest rapper alive, wanna buy my shit?

What albums of his have you listened to?