Author Topic: dead rappers....and what you feel about their legacy  (Read 1330 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: dead rappers....and what you feel about their legacy
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »
Pac, Biggie, Eazy, are legends regardless.

Pun's legacy prolly got boosted when he died.  Then again, I don't hear a lot of people RIP'ing him left and right either.  He had one very good album and the rest wasn't really impressive.

ODB - everybody knew he was gonna die, no shock there.  I don't think his death made anyone think he was the GOAT or anything.  I don't see his legacy improving.

Big L - legacy prolly got boosted a bit from his death.  Very talented dude, and you know he was set to do some real shit. 

Pimp C - Prolly the toughest call because it's so recent, and UGK was never more popular than when their last album dropped. 

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 06:17:36 AM »
pac is lil bit overrated eventho he is GOAT, as far for his legacy: outlawz,thuglife,people affiliated with them they are who they are because they are 2pac legacy.pac was famous, ppl knew about him before he died too.
eazy-e-a good rapper, a typical LA gang lifestyle profiler, i dont think he got "Bigger" when he died.his legacy?bone-thugs?who else?
big l-sickest NY underground rapper ever IMO but he has no legacy (?).
biggie-king of ny?"he aint only motherfuckin one" but he had mad game before he died and after he died hes been put with pac ever since, so these two are kinda "grown-together" with words: legends, dead rappers, 2 GOAT´s etc.
mausberg-he was less known then and he is less known know but when you come up with his song thats unheard ppl be like: "wow, mausberg.." but I mean
This Dude was basicaly "Game" Before Game
b-brazy-^^ same with brazy.
mac dre-he was just a dope rapper from the bay before he died but now?you know the story...
odb-it seems he never died.he was dope.

more dead rappers: the mac, seagram, rappin ron, marlon brando (sporty thievez)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 07:18:59 AM »
eazy-e-a good rapper, a typical LA gang lifestyle profiler, i dont think he got "Bigger" when he died.his legacy?bone-thugs?who else?

Eazy-E's legacy is way deeper Than You Give Him Credit for Homie, Way deeper.
N.W.A. was his, I mean "Boyz-n-the-Hood" Alone is Enough, That's Basicaly Mecca For Gangsta Rap.
Straight Outta Compton & Eazy Duz-it Went Platinum 2x Over in the Same year, basically without Any Radio Play!
(Back in the days When You Had to be Dope To get Heard or get A deal, Not Like Todays trash, When Anyone Get's on)
Compton Became a Household name Because of Eazy-E.
Granted E didn't Write His own Rhymes, But I Don't See That Effecting Dre's Or Snoop's legacy. (GhostWriting)
Remember WHo Rutless Put on...
Ruthless records Put out The D.O.C. , Which in turn Would Spawn his own Hit's & Write on Such Classics as..

"No One Can Do It Better"
"Straight Outta Compton"
"Efil4zaggiN"
"The Chronic"
"DoggyStyle" ect...

(Without Eazy-E, There is No Ruthless Records, Possibly No Dr. Dre as We Know Him , Def No Death Row)

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Was Eazy's last Gift To Hip-Hop, Besides bringing The Industry up on the Independent game
Eazy Will be Know For Bringing in Some of The Most Influential Rapper's This Westcoast has Ever seen Via Ruthless

Dr.Dre
Ice Cube
Mc Ren
The D.O.C.
Above The Law
(Now, They Would HAve been Dope on any Label, But Would They Have Made it Without Ruthless @ The Time? )

If There is One Figure Death Took Legacy From insted of build, It's Eazy-E.
The Most Influential Rap Persona of All Time. (IMO)
People Always Foget about Eric.

When you mention Ice Cube & Dre, Eazy Has To be Said Aswell in the Exact Same Breathe...
There really ain't no way Around it. (The Foundation, and reason We here Chatting on a Westcoast Hip-Hop forum)

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »

N.W.A. was his, I mean "Boyz-n-the-Hood" Alone is Enough, That's Basicaly Mecca For Gangsta Rap.
Straight Outta Compton & Eazy Duz-it Went Platinum 2x Over in the Same year, basically without Any Radio Play!
(Back in the days When You Had to be Dope To get Heard or get A deal, Not Like Todays trash, When Anyone Get's on)
Granted E didn't Write His own Rhymes, But I Don't See That Effecting Dre's Or Snoop's legacy. (GhostWriting)
Ruthless records Put out The D.O.C. , Which in turn Would Spawn his own Hit's & Write on Such Classics as..

"Straight Outta Compton"
"Efil4zaggiN"
"The Chronic"
"DoggyStyle" ect...

(Without Eazy-E, There is No Ruthless Records, Possibly No Dr. Dre as We Know Him , Def No Death Row)

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Was Eazy's last Gift To Hip-Hop, Besides bringing The Industry up on the Independent game
Eazy Will be Know For Bringing in Some of The Most Influential Rapper's This Westcoast has Ever seen Via Ruthless

Dr.Dre
Ice Cube
Mc Ren
The D.O.C.
Above The Law
(Now, They Would HAve been Dope on any Label, But Would They Have Made it Without Ruthless @ The Time? )

When you mention Ice Cube & Dre, Eazy Has To be Said Aswell in the Exact Same Breathe...
There really ain't no way Around it. (The Foundation, and reason We here Chatting on a Westcoast Hip-Hop forum)

agreed.i think i "misinterpretated" the word "legacy".

when it rains it pours

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
tupac- most likely the greatest rapper of all time
bigg
eazy e
pimp c

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »
stack bundles - wow, what a legacy. he was second only to jim jones, the legendary lyrical wiz he dressed like and carried weed for.

Money

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »
stack bundles - wow, what a legacy. the legendary lyrical wiz he dressed like and carried weed for.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
Most kids at my schools had no fucking idea who Mac Dre was until they heard he died.

yeah perfect example. thank you

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 03:18:13 AM »
Most kids at my schools had no fucking idea who Mac Dre was until they heard he died.

yeah perfect example. thank you

LOL yeah. Being from L.A., Mac Dre was another rapper that we'd see his albums at Sam Goody, or see his name featured on websites, but we didn't know anything about him or his music. I knew MUCH MORE about 40, Too Short, Spice One, Celly Cell, Richie Rich, B-Legit, 3x Krazy, Dru Down, and all of them than Mac Dre. I NEVER heard any of his songs on L.A. radio, EVER. I don't even think I could name a song of his before he died. I was completely blind to the Bay's scene and how big Dre was...if he was even half as big before he died.

When I heard he died, I was like damm...but I had no kind of idea that he did all that he did, and was seen as any sort of legend. When I first started hearin his tracks, I was like damm, he's kinda weak, I don't see what's dope about him...but I realized that he was much more of a persona and somebody who's image and style made him who he was, and definitely not his straight up rappin skills. I heard some of his older tracks where he used to actually rap and not just ramble, and they were dope...but his ramblin style made him who he was, and cats like Mistah Fab keep that style goin now.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:07 AM »
When I heard he died, I was like damm...but I had no kind of idea that he did all that he did, and was seen as any sort of legend. When I first started hearin his tracks, I was like damm, he's kinda weak, I don't see what's dope about him...but I realized that he was much more of a persona and somebody who's image and style made him who he was, and definitely not his straight up rappin skills. I heard some of his older tracks where he used to actually rap and not just ramble, and they were dope...but his ramblin style made him who he was, and cats like Mistah Fab keep that style goin now.

word.same here

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 05:24:05 AM »

"Straight Outta Compton"
"Efil4zaggiN"
"The Chronic"
"DoggyStyle" ect...

Dr.Dre
Ice Cube
Mc Ren
The D.O.C.
Above The Law

word

EXPOSEPONCESENT

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 06:22:38 AM »
i like the fact that rappers that have passed away, can still release albums so that there remaining families can still eat, but other than that, i think peole should just let brothers an sisters rest in peace, i talking from the perpective of if i was a artist now, an i died, i wouldn't want people putting albums together of tunes i've done together wit production i never would have fucked wit when i was alive an artist i wouldn't have have even touched fists wit let alone do a track wit, strictly from a artistic level you know, but its good these albums feed peoples families like the tupac estate an big's mum an so on an so on, rip to all fallen artists, worldwide, lets go