Author Topic: Ice Cube Speaks On Raw Footage, Nate Dogg, West Coast Rap, etc. In Interview  (Read 1010 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Its really god to hear Cube speak on that hes in the position where he just want and can make music how he wants it to be and dont care about all the other bullshit...and he seems as a good opposite to most other artists thats out nowadays...  just reading this makes you think about copping the album..
If people diss him for his movies they got to understand that its because of the movie revenues that he can make the music how he wants it now....
but wasn't he in a similar financial position when making laugh now, cry later ; it's all subjective, but that album had a mainstream vibe to me(well some tracks, not all).
i know he didn't intend to go diamond(probably didn't really have goal when it came to numbers), but i doubt that he totally ignored the mainstream audience when making that album.

great point, the money that he has made from movies has put him pretty much in that position where he can put out albums like "Raw Footage", personally this album is my most anticipated project right now
well i hope he can make an album with a lot of songs like Gangsta rap made me do it; it reminded me of the old cube, but he seems a bit more mature now in compared to the beginning of his solocareer(and that's a good thing).
i'm curious what the outcome will be of the project; it's just that i have my doubts.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:25:39 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

bwstakeover

This guy is total opposite to Gay Z

1)HE dont care about sales, ,

2) he wanna Put out a good material

3)HE aint gonna use Spider Man Cost Budget just to prove the world that he can sell shit and he is that man, sh, faggot

4)HE aint gonna buy his own records to prove that he is that man to the world,sh. faggot

5)HE wanna grow his company, not sell it!

Ice Cube is the most intellingent dude out there, thats why he Reaching out to Nas, not GAy Motehfuking Z, Both are Legends, since Pac is gone,Eazy Gone, even thou EAzy Wasnt that much of a Lyricall dude, he was That Gangsta Image...

AS much as i hate Gay Z, the more I read or hear about Cube, his singles, his material, the more I hate GAy Z, Cube aint never had to put out some Show me waht U got Faggot ass shit...

Cant wait for Raw Footage, might as well go and Buy KingDone come and Snap it in half and piss on it...Disgrace to Rap music.

Damn i didnt like Jay-Zs shit before but now i do he's pretty tight, overrated, but tight. Why do u dislike dude?

I like THug shit, but with a soul, like Bone thugs, 2 pac, Outlawz, Game, Young Buck, DMX, I cant stand that Jay Z shit, shit aint never made me think about life, like 2pac feat Outlawz-You can be touched...

Fuck Jay Z,i so much aint felling any songs of him, its either Wack ass boring or Wack ass Cheesy...

Young Old Head

man, get off jay-z dick...fuckin hater... this is about cube, not jay!

Cash Money Blood Gang

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
So you never get to hear what he really had to say ‘cause he’s doing something else to make money.  Then we got all these ways to get music but nobody’s doing no new music, and all we’re doing is recycling old music because the well done run dry.  Those kinds of things concern me more than just what rap is doing.  Music period is gonna be dead!
no offense, but that's exactly what a lot of producers whom cube has worked with/works with were/are doing.
lethal injection and laugh now, cry later are great examples of that.
that doesn't have to be a bad thing, but if that statement really reflected how he feels, then he would have worked with other producers.

ll tracks co-produced by Ice Cube, except "Side Dick.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150537.0
so i guess he should blame himself then as well, since he got production credit.

sav-man

Its really god to hear Cube speak on that hes in the position where he just want and can make music how he wants it to be and dont care about all the other bullshit...and he seems as a good opposite to most other artists thats out nowadays...  just reading this makes you think about copping the album..
If people diss him for his movies they got to understand that its because of the movie revenues that he can make the music how he wants it now....
but wasn't he in a similar financial position when making laugh now, cry later ; it's all subjective, but that album had a mainstream vibe to me(well some tracks, not all).
i know he didn't intend to go diamond(probably didn't really have goal when it came to numbers), but i doubt that he totally ignored the mainstream audience when making that album.

great point, the money that he has made from movies has put him pretty much in that position where he can put out albums like "Raw Footage", personally this album is my most anticipated project right now
well i hope he can make an album with a lot of songs like Gangsta rap made me do it; it reminded me of the old cube, but he seems a bit more mature now in compared to the beginning of his solocareer(and that's a good thing).
i'm curious what the outcome will be of the project; it's just that i have my doubts.

This is in response to the quote about "I doubt he totally ignored the mainstream" w/ LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER. Agreed. Don't get me wrong--I liked LNCL and still do, but yeah, my guess was (and is) that a few tracks ("Go To Church," "Steal The Show," maybe "Holla @ Ya Boy" and "Gotta Lotta That"), were Cube sort of keeping one toe in the mainstream just in case he got lucky and was able to get a deal w/a major label and/or some BET video or radio play. Most of the rest of the songs were probably Cube doing what he wanted, though (the political stuff in particular). In fact, I don't have the address for it, but there was an interview that Cube did in 2006 when LNCL came out, wherein he admitted that he did initially attempt to negotiate w/ some majors for LNCL's release. Cube said that he and his staff almost accepted a deal w/ Universal/Fontana, but that the powers-that-be were reluctant to accept some of Cube's terms. That led to LNCL ultimately being released independently. My guess is that Cube probably decided to go ahead and keep LNCL the way it already was, which makes sense--you don't want to spend all that studio money for nothing, and that was a dope CD, mainstream songs or not.

Cool interview. Hope RAW FOOTAGE is heat.

PEACE!

D~Nice

This is in response to the quote about "I doubt he totally ignored the mainstream" w/ LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER. Agreed. Don't get me wrong--I liked LNCL and still do, but yeah, my guess was (and is) that a few tracks ("Go To Church," "Steal The Show," maybe "Holla @ Ya Boy" and "Gotta Lotta That"), were Cube sort of keeping one toe in the mainstream just in case he got lucky and was able to get a deal w/a major label and/or some BET video or radio play. Most of the rest of the songs were probably Cube doing what he wanted, though (the political stuff in particular). In fact, I don't have the address for it, but there was an interview that Cube did in 2006 when LNCL came out, wherein he admitted that he did initially attempt to negotiate w/ some majors for LNCL's release. Cube said that he and his staff almost accepted a deal w/ Universal/Fontana, but that the powers-that-be were reluctant to accept some of Cube's terms. That led to LNCL ultimately being released independently. My guess is that Cube probably decided to go ahead and keep LNCL the way it already was, which makes sense--you don't want to spend all that studio money for nothing, and that was a dope CD, mainstream songs or not.

Cool interview. Hope RAW FOOTAGE is heat.

PEACE!

Good points by both Dre and Sav.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
What I’m worried about is the fact that a lot of musicians can’t really make a living through music no more, but there’s a lot of ways and technologies for you to get music.  You can get it on your phone, on the computer, you can get it everywhere.  But what happens in 25 years when this creative dude is not doing music because ain’t no money in it. "" ice cube

^^ this man knows alot of musicians and been in the industry a long time and knows wats up...