Author Topic: Rate the 2007 year for these artists....  (Read 115 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Rate the 2007 year for these artists....
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
A) Ya Boy

B) Clyde Carson

C) G Malone

D) Bishop Lamont

E) Omar Cruz

A)  Hes flooded the mixtapes with quality material.  It lead to an anticipated single of his major label; however, i think "Holla at Ya Boy" is not the type of song that will gather mainstream attention.  Pick a new single
B+

B) Relevant in the Bay for so long with so much potential.  Gained his name with the Team now breaking it solo.  Sined with Capital and BWS to get his distribution deal sealed up, great.  Came up with some catchy as singles from your major drop.  Label doesnt push it, hesitant about what single to push...back to the drawing board.
B-

C) Didnt hear too much from him.  Buzz kinda evaporated in 07...Single gettin some buzz BUT was lost of interest .
C+

D)  Aftermath!!!  shit, already knew this nigga was gonna have to do a 3year aftermath sentence before even thinkin about dropping.  Major mixtape "Nigger Noise" that was suppose to be good was rather weak.(Shit compared to Ya Boy's, Chapter 1 The Rise)  Drop more tapes.
C

E) Even though hes not flooding the underground, hes more visible.  He has callabod with Game.  and as we know associating your name with an existing powerfull name will boast interest.  But he needs to put forth more material.

So much potential, but there was slip ups in 07.  If Ya Boy and G Malone dont come out strong this year, I think there dreams of having commercial success is increasingly depleting.

West coast all day.  08 we wont wait...beeyatch.   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Blood$

Re: Rate the 2007 year for these artists....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »
A) Ya Boy - killed the mixtape scene, dropped 3 of them, also released a single which got some play and shot a low-budget video for it, had his own online TV show on Kush TV, was in a bunch of magazines and also got a huge buzz on MySpace, did alotta other shit... I'd say he was the underground artist of the year

B) Clyde Carson - started gettin' a buzz with the "Doin' That" single, but didn't drop any mixtapes of his own :( (at least none that I know of)... his affiliation with Game/BWS got him more buzz, hopefully his album drops this year

C) G Malone - I agree that his buzz died a little bit after 2005/2006 but when he dropped "Certified" people started hearing about him again, and now that he has a video being shot of that song I think he might blow up to a bigger audience and get more spins on radio

D) Bishop Lamont - both solo mixtpaes he dropped were pretty dope, as well as CalTROiT with Black Milk, and they all got alotta downloads... he was definatly up there with Ya Boy and others when it came to the mixtapes IMO...

E) Omar Cruz - I had heard his name a little bit but honestly to this day the only song I heard from him is the track with Game that he dropped this year... haven't heard his mixtapes or other songs at all, so I can't really have an opinion of him yet, but I wasn't too crazy about that track with Game (even though it's not 2007)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
They all had pretty good years and either established a buzz or increased their buzz, but the same story for all of them: People want them to release an album. Clyde Carson had "2 Step" and "Doin' That" last year, Bishop killed the mixtape game, and G. Malone's "Certified" is the most recent drop. I would rate all of them with pretty strong grades, around a B, because they have all positioned themselves to release a major album.
I got a bird's eye view

TAKEMONEYENT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 115ST WATTS
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »
THEY DROPPED "DOIN DAT" WAY TOO EARLY . .THEY SHOULD OF CLEARED SEAN KINGSTON FIRST!! THEY COULD OF HAD A SMASH HIT THERE . .AT LEAST HE'S GOT HIS OWN MIXTAPE ON THE WAY BEFORE THE NEXT SINGLE!!

-------------------------------------------ME THROWIN UP THE W - WATTS------------------------------------------------