Author Topic: shyness  (Read 1339 times)

when it rains it pours

Re: shyness
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
im shy, and quite. and i hang out with the people i know, and just keep to myself. i was just wondering. thanks to those of you answered with realistic answers.
are you a woman?
no

Money

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
well that sucks.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 04:55:13 PM »

Money

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
^lol.

SGV

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
im shy, and quite. and i hang out with the people i know, and just keep to myself. i was just wondering. thanks to those of you answered with realistic answers.

Put yourself in situations where you DON'T know people and challenge yourself to step up and approach them. Spark up a convo, unless they're complete assholes, they'll at least acknowledge you. And if they don't, no big deal. You don't know em, so no harm done.

Try it in a place like School. It's easy to spark a convo there. Try going to a party and talking to females (this will get your confidence up and lord knows chicks dig confidence, though a shy guy can sneak in out of nowhere sometimes with some chicks). Just challenge yourself. Be a big more outspoken. You don't gotta be the life of the party, but at least be apart of the party and not just a fly on the wall.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 05:48:39 PM »
There's a difference between introverts and shy people though.  The opening poster probably isn't really shy, just an introvert. 

when it rains it pours

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:40:58 PM »
There's a difference between introverts and shy people though.  The opening poster probably isn't really shy, just an introvert. 
yea, i researched introvert. and i think i am one of those. old soul you can say

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »
I was shy before I had low self-esteem. So therefore, that just can't be a reason. And as a reserved kidd, I don't give a fuck about what others think of a nigga, so afraid of not fitting in ain't just another reason either. I say experiences. Once bitten, twice shy...ya feel me?

Real niggas are always the reserved ones. And the smartest, fuck what you heard before hand!

when it rains it pours

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
I was shy before I had low self-esteem. So therefore, that just can't be a reason. And as a reserved kidd, I don't give a fuck about what others think of a nigga, so afraid of not fitting in ain't just another reason either. I say experiences. Once bitten, twice shy...ya feel me?

Real niggas are always the reserved ones. And the smartest, fuck what you heard before hand!
i feel you. most people cant get on my level anyway. lol

Blu Lacez

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Nice Topic
+1 Thread Starter!

I'm introverted in nature!
So i know exactly what you are talking about it! There are some pretty darn good explanations and trick and tips provided by various members on here, that's amamzing!!

Not sure if it has to do with low-self esteem.Most folsk think it is,that may be hte 10-15 percentage,but i'm not sure it's the general consensus. I don't have low-self esteem, neither do i see or regard myself as the 'best' or anything related to that or bordering on egotism.

Though i will admit, i won't be the first to walk to meet and talk to someone!
I would need to know someone who knows that individual!
Don't know why, it's always like that for me!

for you guys that are extroverted in nature, do you guys maintain eye contact??
because i don't, i've never been able to!
That alone kinda annoys a lot of pple, especially my Gurl! ;D

when it rains it pours

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »
Though i will admit, i won't be the first to walk to meet and talk to someone!
I would need to know someone who knows that individual!
Don't know why, it's always like that for me!

for you guys that are extroverted in nature, do you guys maintain eye contact??
because i don't, i've never been able to!
That alone kinda annoys a lot of pple, especially my Gurl! ;D

same with me. im working on the eye contact though and getting better. but still hate talking to random strangers.

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »
That's what pisses me off. A lot of people will call me shy, when in reality, I keep to myself except for the few friends and family members I trust. Just because a person doesn't kiss ass or do a song-and-dance routine for strangers doesn't mean you are insecure at all.

I genuine distrust for most people is probably what makes me introverted.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
Same here. And for me personally it has nothing to do with my self-esteem. I am very confident, especially after I started going out to the gym and what not, my confidence is reaching to it's maximum.

It's just that I don't feel the need to comunicate or talk with people that I don't know. I like to have a circle of friends that I can trust and I'm good. When we go to a party I'm definetly not one of those who starts to mingle and holla at everybody. I'm like "fuck that". I just like to hang out with my friends when I'm at the party, of course talk to some girls but not 100 chicks like some do, 2 or 3 that you find attractive. I think that guys like us are really loyal friends and good boyfriends because if I'm in a relationship I never even think about cheating because once again, I don't have that urge to even try to holla at other girls. That's why I've only been in 1 serious relationship so far because I only date girls, I really find attractive and fun to be with. Not some 3 months relationship type of bs. Don't get it twisted in no way am I judging other types of chracter, everybody has it's own personality and it should be that way.

Oh, and I also HATE small talk. It's so fucking forced and it always covers the same subject: the weather, school, friends you both know but haven't seen in a while....

So, to me there's a big difference between shy and introverted. I know shy people and that's something completley different than me.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »
I personally think for people who aren't shy, it's easy to say shyness is caused by low-self esteem and whatever else. Becuz I KNOW it's hard for people to comprehend quiet niggas. I know. But ask a kidd why he's quiet and he can't come up with an answer. It's just a personality trait really. Becuz I don't know why I'm shy. I don't know why I'm introverted. I don't know why I'm quiet. It just is what it is. I know there's levels of it too, lol.

You can be shy and have high self esteem.
But you could be shy with low self esteem.
I mean the loudest big mouthed people can have no confidence in themselves what so ever, now being loud can't cause low self esteem either, can it? We workin' both ways now if that's the case.

Experiences make you who you are, not this other shit.

LOL Blu Lacez!!!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »
^^lol..What's so Funny QT?? ;D ;D
I'm being honest here!!..I'm 23,hwever when i was younger in my teens, i sue to look at the grough while conversating with people!
I still do it,but not as often as i did when i was younger1
My Gurl hates it so much,that when i look anywhere but at her ,or avoid eye contact, she follows my face until she can maintin and lock eye contact....Cracks me up..Sometimes it's annoying!!
 ;) ;D