Author Topic: shyness  (Read 1335 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: shyness
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 07:15:34 AM »
Yup there's a big difference between shyness and introversion. Shy persons commonly desire friendships and social interactions, but are held back by their insecurities and fears. Consequently, they avoid the spotlight and face-to-face interaction and ruminate excessively after conversations, worrying about whether they said the right things, made a good impression, or sounded stupid. Shy people doesn't necessarily need to be introverts. Introverts prefer to be alone; they enjoy peace and quiet of solitude. Shy people, on the other hand, want to have contact with other, to be socially involved, and have contacts. Shyness is often being called social anxtiety by psychologists.

ow and btw, a lot of people actually rate themselves more introvert than they actually are.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:22:49 AM by Robert de Negro »

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:34 AM »
There's a line from 'The Way of Chuang Tzu'

"Those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know"

Still it's equally frustrating when dealing with someone who is extremely extroverted and doesn't know when to shut up, just as being around those introverts who don't do or say anything at all. As long as you know when and how to assert yourself that's all that matters really.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
There's a line from 'The Way of Chuang Tzu'

"Those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know"

Still it's equally frustrating when dealing with someone who is extremely extroverted and doesn't know when to shut up, just as being around those introverts who don't do or say anything at all. As long as you know when and how to assert yourself that's all that matters really.
thats a good quote. im gona put it in my sig box.
thanks

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:09:35 AM »
^^ you guys need help

"those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know?" ??  ok, what about teachers.. and even before they started off as teachers they had to find a love for teaching people knowledge

to those who say they dont like small talk... have u guys ever held down a job?? macked to a girl??  its essential you learn small talk..

you can make small talk entertaining depending on your personality Lol if im at the dmv and if your sitting next to me and im like damn homie ima turn into a skull and a bag of bones waitin in this muthafucka
its easy , i suggest you work on your mouthpeice and people skills you have to read people accordingly... game

when it rains it pours

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »
^^ you guys need help

"those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know?" ??  ok, what about teachers.. and even before they started off as teachers they had to find a love for teaching people knowledge

to those who say they dont like small talk... have u guys ever held down a job?? macked to a girl??  its essential you learn small talk..

you can make small talk entertaining depending on your personality Lol if im at the dmv and if your sitting next to me and im like damn homie ima turn into a skull and a bag of bones waitin in this muthafucka
its easy , i suggest you work on your mouthpeice and people skills you have to read people accordingly... game
it all depends on who you are. its easy for some people and harder for other people. if im at the DMV and some one says something like that to me i would just laugh and think in my head "yo STFU and leave me alone", but if some one asked me for the time i would let them know and not mind it. it is what it is. people are different, thats a good thing.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »
yea i feel what your saying ma dude different stokes for different folks.. most people when stuck at a place like that make small talk to make the most of a situation
its just real random like im sittin at the dmv or some shit and im wearin a laker or clipper jersey somebody would be like how the lakers do last night?

shyness/confidence/self esteem problems can be overcome its happened for alot of people.. especially in the entertainment industry where you gotta get up in front of alotta people and sing/rap/dance perform  u dont know how many ppl ive met even gangsters first time tryin to rap they be embarrassed and gotta drink in order to rap but as time goes on you develop confidence speaking out in public to the public :P

when it rains it pours

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »
yea i feel what your saying ma dude different stokes for different folks.. most people when stuck at a place like that make small talk to make the most of a situation
its just real random like im sittin at the dmv or some shit and im wearin a laker or clipper jersey somebody would be like how the lakers do last night?

shyness/confidence/self esteem problems can be overcome its happened for alot of people.. especially in the entertainment industry where you gotta get up in front of alotta people and sing/rap/dance perform  u dont know how many ppl ive met even gangsters first time tryin to rap they be embarrassed and gotta drink in order to rap but as time goes on you develop confidence speaking out in public to the public :P
yea i understand what your saying. but i only speak out if its needed. if i have to go ask someone something i will go do it with no fear or anything. but i only do it when i have to. so thats why i think some people go off and call me shy or whatever but now im starting to think im introvert.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »
Men are supposed to be the strong silent type, nothing wrong with being quiet man
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
i hate stop and chats, i like normal, good not bullshit conversation, im kind of an introvert, kind of shy, kind of insecure, but alcohol is definitely a social lubricant.

Invincible

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
lack of self confidence..

That's the root...

When you're shy, you act unsure. You avoid everyday situations that may make you feel uncomfortable. Shy people do not feel comfortable around people they don't know, nor do they reach out to get to know them. It all boils down to not being confident in yourself. Feeling as if others are going to laugh at you or that you're going to say something stupid... or whatever.

Fear of rejection, insecurity and low-self-esteem are all factors of lack of self confidence.

This describes me pretty well.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:36 PM »
for me i think its more akwardness then shyness, everything i do is akward either to me or others, and sometimes i avoid it, and sometimes i just laugh about it

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
^ Honestly, you gotta be the first nigga that's introverted with a personality. :-\

WTF are you going on about, dude?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2008, 07:53:20 AM »
^ Honestly, you gotta be the first nigga that's introverted with a personality. :-\

WTF are you going on about, dude?
???

Sik said he was an introverted cat, and to me he doesn't come off across as one.

Elevz

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »
I'm terrified about the amount of rationalisation going on here.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2008, 09:38:11 AM »
I'm terrified about the amount of rationalisation going on here.
what do you mean?