Author Topic: Fuck 'Pulp Fiction' Thread  (Read 479 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Fuck 'Pulp Fiction' Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »
NOT AT ALL - MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE MOVIE IS THE DIALOGUE AND PHILOSOPHY / ETHICS DEBATES.  I ALSO LOVE THE DOZENS OF SUBTLETIES THAT OCCUR THROUGHOUT THAT YOU OFTEN WON'T CATCH UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED IT NUMEROUS TIMES.  THE STORY LINES ARE INTERESTING AND ACTION PACKED - GUNS, HITMEN, DRUGS, WOMEN, GIMPS, YOU NAME IT :rock:

KAIN WITH THAT JFK SWAG |CLC|

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »
YOU SHOULD GO WATCH CLOVERFIELD THEN.

YEP WELL FOR ME IT WAS EXTREMELY BORING AND TRITE.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:33:43 PM by K A I N / CAPS LOCK CLICK »

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 03:07:52 AM »
Jules: Hey kids! How you boys doin'?
[to man laying on the couch, trying to stand up]
Jules: Hey, keep chillin'. You know who we are? We're associates of your business partner Marsellus Wallace. You do remember your business partner don't you? Let me take a wild guess here. You're Brett, right?
Brett: Yeah.
Jules: I thought so. You remember your business partner Marsellus Wallace, don't you, Brett?
Brett: Yeah, yeah, I remember him.
Jules: Good. Looks like me an Vincent caught you boys at breakfast. Sorry about that. Whatcha havin'?
Brett: Hamburgers.
Jules: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. What kind of hamburgers?
Brett: Ch-cheeseburgers.
Jules: No, no no, where'd you get 'em? McDonalds? Wendy's? Jack in the Box? Where?
Brett: Big Kahuna Burger.
Jules: Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself. How are they?
Brett: They're good.
Jules: Mind if I try one of yours? This is yours here, right?
[Picks up burger and takes a bite]
Jules: Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?
[Vincent shakes his head]
Jules: Wanna bite? They're real tasty.
Vincent: Ain't hungry.
Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfucker. That's right. The metric system. What's in this?
Brett: Sprite.
Jules: Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?
Brett: Go right ahead.
Jules: Ah, hit the spot.

Jules: You, flock of seagulls, you know why we're here? Why don't you tell my man Vincent where you got the shit hid?
Marvin: It's over there.
Jules: I don't remember askin' you a Goddamn thing! You were saying?
Roger: It's in the cupboard. No, no, the one by your knees.
Jules: We happy? Vincent! We happy?
Vincent: Yeah, yeah, we happy.
Brett: I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I got your name, Vincent, right? But I didn't get...
Jules: My name's Pith. And your ass ain't talkin' your way out of this shit.
Brett: No, no, I just want you to know... I just want you to know how sorry we are that things got so fucked up with us and Mr. Wallace. We got into this thing with the best intentions and I never...
Jules: [Jules shoots next to the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished. Well then, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!
Brett: What? I...
Jules: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker. Say what one more goddamn time.
Brett: He's b-b-black...
Jules: Go on.
Brett: He's bald...
Jules: Does he look like a bitch?
[Jules shoots Brett in shoulder]
Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
Brett: No!
Jules: Then why you try to fuck him like a bitch, Brett?
Brett: I didn't.
Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.

And you say fuck Pulp Fiction? :grumpy:

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:04 AM »
I can write a fucking essay on how the theme of redemption makes Pulp Fiction a film classic. 

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 03:19:50 AM »
JOHN TRAVOLTA, SAMUEL L. JACKSON AND BRUCE WILLIS' GF MUST HAVE STUDIED DOWN SYNDROME PATIENTS FOR THEIR ROLE IN PF.

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHAT THEY CALL A BIG MAC IN FRANCE OR HOW EXPENSIVE A 5 DOLLAR SHAKE IS
OR SOMEONE GETTING THROWN OFF A 4TH STORY BALCONY FOR GIVING A CHICK A FOOT MESSAGE.

HITMEN CALLING FOR HELP, WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT ? 
I WANTED TO DELETE THE MOVIE DURING THAT CLEAN UP SCENE, I WAS LOSING BRAIN CELLS.

Elevz

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:01 AM »
You don't enjoy dialogues, you simply want a ruthless villain to slay people?

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 03:26:36 AM »
You don't enjoy dialogues, you simply want a ruthless villain to slay people?

YOU MISSED MY POINT.

THEY WERE ALL ACTING LIKE THEY HAD DOWN SYNDROME.  I ENJOY DIALOGUE BUT NOT POINTLESS CHATTER.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 03:38:05 AM »
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
is BULLSHIT!
Pulp Fiction
a CLASSIC!

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 03:45:51 AM »
The seemingly pointless dialogue shown in another post helps to create tension in an imaginative way. Not the usual sneek up and shoot the whole place to pieces. I think the movies one of the best of all time.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Elevz

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 06:18:46 AM »
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
is BULLSHIT!
Pulp Fiction
a CLASSIC!

Oh fuck off, you may find a movie bullshit, but I find Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas more enjoyable than Pulp Fiction. (Speaking of 10/10 vs 9/10) That doesn't mean it is a better or worse movie.

:psych:

I do find Fear & Loathing more intellectually charged; Pulp Fiction was dead on point though. That's what's so good about it: they have some seemingly senseless yet witty discussions. And you call that acting like they have down syndrome? The coherence between the discussions is very well thought out; the movie simply makes sense in its own ridiculing and overblown way. Ever considered that it may have gone over your head?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
I am not going into the 'this or that movie is better'-antics in this thread. I am even not going to say you can't dislike 'Pulp Fiction'. What I AM going to say is that what makes this movie so great and such a cult classic is that it so elegantly combines two things.

The first is people's ruthlessness and selfdestruction. Nearly every character is selfdestructive. Jackson's and Travolta's are for being hitmen, Thurman's is for being a cokesniffer, Walken's is for going to the extreme to preserve the watch he feels an obligation too and Willis' is for only caring about that watch, when things come down to it. These are people that have gone on the path to selfdestruction by leading a lifestyle that will in the end kill them, yet they willingly lead that lifestyle and willingly go down that path. This is something that intrigues the viewer, especially because nearly every one has some sort of destructive tendency himself. This means that the characters make one reflect on one's own poor decisions and that's what gives these characters a particular charm.

The second thing is the randomness of life that is so clearly shown. We have two different storylines and they do not really intertwine. Travolta only meets Willis once and he's killed by him suddenly after that. Willis' character meets Marcellus by sort of accident and does not know he is Travolta's boss, and so on. This is the randomness and goes to show how inconsequential one is in life. Stories happen all the life; Other people experience things all the time and you'll probably never find out.When I'm in a very busy place, I sometimes imagine how all those strangers I see have their own goals, interests and stories of life, just like me. It's easy to be selfcentered, simply because you are always the center of how you experience the world. It is a weird sensation, realising how your life and story probably aren't special at all. By showing us two storylines that hardly intertwine and having one of them end so abrubtly by Willis quickly killing Travolta, not knowing his story or thoughts, Tarantino appeals to your feelings of how you experience your own place in the world, which I guess most people do not often do. It is an unusual sensation and gives the viewer that extra experience while watching this movie.

So, I summarize: It is the randomness of events and the selfdestructive tendencies that the characters consciously have and choose for that give this movie its raw appeal. Add to that the random conversations (so common in real life!), the violence and the sex and one gets an unusual movie that will have a strange sort of appeal to most people.

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
You officially have the worst taste in music, females, and movies on this message board.