Both are done.
1 (7.1%)
Only Romney is done.
12 (85.7%)
McCain and Giuliani/Huckabee will win in November and ruin the world
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 11, 2008, 09:06:13 AM

Author Topic: Obama and Romney done?  (Read 441 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Obama and Romney done?
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:13 AM »
 :'(
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Obama and Romney done?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »
Please, the only two candidates truly done are Ron Paul and Mike Gravel, but neither will drop out.

Romney is done, his only prolonging the obvious, and Mike Huckabee is the prefect VP for McCain.

Obama is still leading in the pledge delegates so even after California, Obama has the lead., he won 14 states to 8. The next 6 primaries are in Obama's court, which could lead to momentium that could help win Texas and Ohio (I think he'll win Ohio, Texas not so much) and this could make him the frontrunner in the Democrat nomination race, but Saturday and next Tuesday is HUGE.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »
In case people don't notice this is supposed to be a pessimistic poll. The Super Tuesday results just pissed me off. By "done" I don't mean theoretically done, but practically. I see no realistic chance for McCain to lose the republican nomination. I see slim chances for Obama. And I see very slim chances for Clinton/Clinton to beat McCain/Huckabee.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:54:52 AM »
In case people don't notice this is supposed to be a pessimistic poll. The Super Tuesday results just pissed me off. By "done" I don't mean theoretically done, but practically. I see no realistic chance for McCain to lose the republican nomination. I see slim chances for Obama. And I see very slim chances for Clinton/Clinton to beat McCain/Huckabee.

I know, but coming from so far down with a grassroots campaign will not be easy to defeat a machine that's been building for this since the Clinton administation. 1 year of campaigning will not defeat the greatest Democrat party machine since FDR. With that said, his getitng really close, and if he wins the next 6 states and uses that momentium, Texas and Ohio can win it. She has the Super Delegates, but it's the pledge delegates that Obama is winning right now that can get him the nod. At the end of the day, he still won 13-14 states to her 8. He can make the argument that he can win middle-America, something the Democrats struggle with, and this could lead to a victory. Only time will tell.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »
Romney is def done, i dont think obama is out , i think he can still win, romney is dumb, he could have won, but in my opinion he was the only one doing that negative shit, and it put everone off

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »
Why are the chances for Obama slim?  The delegates are tied right now, and Obama has the lead when it comes to campaign money with a 3-1 ratio.  Not only does he have the money, but his grassroots campaign is much more powerful than Clinton's. You gotta give the edge to Obama at the moment. 

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
Obama won Missouri. Missouri's only gone to the loser once in 100 years. It's still on.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

I have just been reading what democrat strategists think and they have put forth the notion that Obama as vice president and Holary as president is a strong possibility.
What a sick joke

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:19:47 PM »

I have just been reading what democrat strategists think and they have put forth the notion that Obama as vice president and Holary as president is a strong possibility.
What a sick joke

Those that that think that are a very small minority.  What people do think is that Obama will choose Edwards, and that Clinton will try to ask Obama to be VP.  In the end, Bill Clinton is too much of a strategist to let that happen. 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

we'll see how this soap opera plays out

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:46 PM »
Neither man is out yet.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:21:57 PM »
Why is Obama done? He won more states, and almost an equal number of delegates. He is in a way stronger position then before.

McCain has basically won the GOP though. Huckabee is no stronger then Romney. Neither have a chance. Huckabee is just as much gone as Romney. Romney won more states, and more delegates. However, Huckabee would make a horrible VP candidate. Huckabee is an idiot. He is a extremist Christian INSANE person. He wants to CHANGE the constitution and put God's name in it. He wants church and state to be one. He is an idiot, a vindictive, immature man.

Obama won last night. The longer the contest goes on, the better for him.

Has anyone noticed the only people who vote for Huckabee are evangelicals? He can't win any state which doesn't have a majority of insane Christians living in it.

It's safe to say McCain will win. But McCain Huckabee ticket will lose to any democratic ticket. A McCain Romney ticket would be much stronger. Romney has mass appeal, and the south will vote republican anyways in a general election.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 02:31:48 AM »
Why is Obama done? He won more states, and almost an equal number of delegates. He is in a way stronger position then before.

McCain has basically won the GOP though. Huckabee is no stronger then Romney. Neither have a chance. Huckabee is just as much gone as Romney. Romney won more states, and more delegates. However, Huckabee would make a horrible VP candidate. Huckabee is an idiot. He is a extremist Christian INSANE person. He wants to CHANGE the constitution and put God's name in it. He wants church and state to be one. He is an idiot, a vindictive, immature man.

Obama won last night. The longer the contest goes on, the better for him.

Has anyone noticed the only people who vote for Huckabee are evangelicals? He can't win any state which doesn't have a majority of insane Christians living in it.

It's safe to say McCain will win. But McCain Huckabee ticket will lose to any democratic ticket. A McCain Romney ticket would be much stronger. Romney has mass appeal, and the south will vote republican anyways in a general election.
Surprising as it is to me, I agree with someone called The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club. But a little question, is that a serious remark, about Huckabee wanting to put God's name in the constitution and abandon secularism, or did it rather serve the purpose of just illustrating what an insane evangelical the guy is?

Also, I do think that the democrats are more likely to win this election; of course you never know, but right now, and based on the '06 Congress elections, I think their chances are strong. Of course they're not gonna win Texas and Alabama, but I can see the Swing States going democratic this time, or most of them at least.

The strongest ticket for the republicans at the moment does seem to be McCain-Romney. With the democrats it's a more complicated issue IMO. Obama's still trailing, yes, but he's been the underdog from the start and the fact that he's still close to Hilary after 02/05 means he's still got a lot of momentum, even if he lost some key battles (Cali, NY). There are still quite a few states left. If I had to put my money on someone it would be Hillary, but saying Obama's done with is, right now, overly pessimistic (from a pro-Obama point of view like mine)

EDIT: Lol @ myself originally saying the strongest republican ticket would be McCain-Huckabee and not realizing...FUCK Huckabee :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:26:50 AM by Kill »

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:12:28 AM »
Obama is far from done.  He will likely win the democrat nomination.  They pitched this as if he lost super tuesday... uh... he won! I don't know why the news isn't reporting that much, but he won the delegate count which is all that matters.  He received three times the money Hillary did in January. 

Romney is 'done', but won't drop out.  His best chance now is to try to fuck up the convention.  McCain needs to win about half of the remaining delegates... but McCain is only getting 30-35% of the vote in a four man contest.  The majority of the republican party does not like McCain, or Romney for that matter.  To sum it all up, basically the people voting for Huckabee are complete fucking idiots. 

This just shows you the average intelligence of your average republican primary voter.  The stupid fucks were telling exit pollers that the most important thing to them was "The Economy!" and talking about how the economy was bad, and that they voted for McCain.  McCain goes around telling people he doesn't understand the economy, and people that have worked with him for years concede that he doesn't care about domestic policy.  They talk about how the 'war on terror' is important to them, so they vote McCain.... when the last I checked, the secretary of defense and the generals of the U.S. military are perfectly capable of fighting wars no matter who the president is.  McCain says shit like "You want to catch Obama?  I'll catch him! I know how to do it!!" and people BELIEVE that shit!  Like McCain knows something nobody else does.  It's just fucking rediculous.

Among Republicans who call themselves "conservatives", Romney won in nearly every state.  The republican party is stupid enough to think that if they move LEFT, they will get more votes.  If the Democrats were going around moving RIGHT to get more votes, they'd get tossed out on their ear! This is a two party system, not a 1 party system. 

Anybody who prefers liberal politics will vote for the Democrat this fall, why would they vote for a half-ass liberal republican?  Anybody who prefers conservative politics will have nobody to vote for, and will likely stay home.  John McCain even has dirt on him, he's involved in past scandals and he also tried to leave the republican party in 2001.  He will be DESTROYED in a November election against whomever the democrat candidate is.  This will be worse than Bob Dole getting his ass whipped.  I personally will not vote for the motherfucker.

One last thing; John McCain is asking republicans to be loyal to the party, and vote for him even though they have differences with him on issues.  That is the EXACT THING that John McCain HIMSELF has never done! He's never been a loyal republican, so I sure as hell aren't going to be loyal to him and cast my vote for him in the election.  I'll likely vote Hillary, Obama, or whoever the third party candidate is.  At least that gives republicans an opportunity to win 4 years from now.  This fall, there will not be a republican in the election, just three democrats. 

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
Romney is 'done', but won't drop out.  His best chance now is to try to fuck up the convention. 

Romney just dropped out. McCain wins.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker