Author Topic: Where's the Ron Paul People??  (Read 1333 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Where's the Ron Paul People??
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »
I'm not into politics at all and it makes me sick

but I do know that Huckabeeeee wants to change the Constitution so fuck that guy

I feel sorry for all you wasting time with these liars and cons

if Ron Paul is a con then what the fuck are all the other politicians? haha

politicians... which are cons with a better chance of winning than Ron Paul. Paul is still a politician too... which is why he just JACKED all that money... and is about to pull out the race, no go 3rd party and he just secured his congressional set with that money. So Paul knew what he was doing all along. He JACKED you guys, and is keeping his congressional seat.

I don't think anyone funded Ron Paul's campaign on the assumption that he would become president. And how has he jacked peoples money when he used that money to spread a message successfully? And if he decides to run as a third party candidate, he might have a better chance of getting some focus on him now that he got some shine as a Republican. If people don't approve of either of the Republican and Democratic candidates, they'll have something to choose. Thanks to Ron Paul being in the race for becoming the Republican nominee, people may actually notice him this time around. It's not even about becoming the 44th president of the United States. Thanks to Ron Paul there's a chance the 45th will be better. That's where the money went. Is that so hard to grasp?

read Ralph Nader 2000. All he wanted was the Green Party to gain 5% of the vote to be seen nationally as a major party, hoping that would open a 2004 bid. On top of that Paul is 72, in 2012 he'll be 76, that's OLD. And the issues he brought up has always been there, but no we think... oh his making it larger. Just like the Green in 2000, within 8 years, you guys will move on and become either traditional Republicans or straight up Libertarian.

I know your new favorite thing is to say that Paul is Ralph Nader.  Great.  How are they similar philosophically?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »

but I do know that Huckabeeeee wants to change the Constitution so fuck that guy

politicians... which are cons with a better chance of winning than Ron Paul. Paul is still a politician too... which is why he just JACKED all that money... and is about to pull out the race, no go 3rd party and he just secured his congressional set with that money. So Paul knew what he was doing all along. He JACKED you guys, and is keeping his congressional seat.

I don't think anyone funded Ron Paul's campaign on the assumption that he would become president. And how has he jacked peoples money when he used that money to spread a message successfully? And if he decides to run as a third party candidate, he might have a better chance of getting some focus on him now that he got some shine as a Republican. If people don't approve of either of the Republican and Democratic candidates, they'll have something to choose. Thanks to Ron Paul being in the race for becoming the Republican nominee, people may actually notice him this time around. It's not even about becoming the 44th president of the United States. Thanks to Ron Paul there's a chance the 45th will be better. That's where the money went. Is that so hard to grasp?

read Ralph Nader 2000. All he wanted was the Green Party to gain 5% of the vote to be seen nationally as a major party, hoping that would open a 2004 bid. On top of that Paul is 72, in 2012 he'll be 76, that's OLD. And the issues he brought up has always been there, but no we think... oh his making it larger. Just like the Green in 2000, within 8 years, you guys will move on and become either traditional Republicans or straight up Libertarian.

I know your new favorite thing is to say that Paul is Ralph Nader.  Great.  How are they similar philosophically?

Same extreme following, with the same extreme politics, just different sides of the extreme. Same old shit, just a different year. Only difference, Ralph Nader DIDN'T QUIT.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »

Same extreme following, with the same extreme politics, just different sides of the extreme. Same old shit, just a different year. Only difference, Ralph Nader DIDN'T QUIT.

LOL, in no way is that an arguement to them being similar philosophically.  Do you understand what my question was?

And if you took time to seek info out rather than watching Fox News, you'd quickly (well hopefully) realize that Paul hasn't quit.  It sounds like you're in extreme denial.

You know you don't want Paul to drop out.  You need him to be relevant so people bother responding to you.  Shit is disgusting.

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »
I'm confused. Why is that? What on earth has Ralph Nader got to do with Ron Paul? They campaign differently, their ideas show very little similarities and erm... There's basically nothing to compare the two, except that they're borth outsiders looking for change.

Just like the Green in 2000, within 8 years, you guys will move on and become either traditional Republicans or straight up Libertarian.

What makes you think 'we' aren't yet?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
M Dogg never stated that they are ideologically similar.  He said, "Same extreme following, with the same extreme politics, just different sides of the extreme."  Extreme isn't the right word there, but he's saying it's a similar small following just on the opposite side of the political spectrum. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
M Dogg never stated that they are ideologically similar.  He said, "Same extreme following, with the same extreme politics, just different sides of the extreme."  Extreme isn't the right word there, but he's saying it's a similar small following just on the opposite side of the political spectrum. 

thanks... my point but worded way better... lol

Elevz

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »
What's the difference between having the same extreme politics, and being ideologically similar?

People like Ron Paul should be praised for actually looking to make a change, as opposed to the usual politics of the two big parties. You can be sure the change won't come from Obama; we should be glad there's actually some people out there willing to stick out their necks. Or, to put it in a familiar context: within a few years, you guys will feel either deceived by your candidates who promised change, or you'll stick your heads in the sand like "Real" American. So go ahead, and blame Ron Paul for being different. Yeah, fuck having people who actually express their true visions through democracy, instead of being a bunch of yes-men! Ron Paul should be banned from the campaign! ::) :grumpy:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
What's the difference between having the same extreme politics, and being ideologically similar?

People like Ron Paul should be praised for actually looking to make a change, as opposed to the usual politics of the two big parties. You can be sure the change won't come from Obama; we should be glad there's actually some people out there willing to stick out their necks. Or, to put it in a familiar context: within a few years, you guys will feel either deceived by your candidates who promised change, or you'll stick your heads in the sand like "Real" American. So go ahead, and blame Ron Paul for being different. Yeah, fuck having people who actually express their true visions through democracy, instead of being a bunch of yes-men! Ron Paul should be banned from the campaign! ::) :grumpy:

Here is the thing. Obama is not a someone that is running as a pure liberal, though he has the most liberal voting record in the senate. He is able to communicate his message to the broad public, and sound like a moderate. This is important, as this allows his left wing politics to be seen as more mainstream, and allow for his agenda to get done. And this I agree with, since I am a liberal after all.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2008, 11:47:55 AM »

I praise Ron Paul for what he's done.  Props to him and his followers. 

The polices in the last 8 years have been heavily favored to the neo-conservatives, apart from the last two.  Obama can't bring an extreme change, but you can't deny that he'll have a strong impact in domestic polices.  Why?  Well he's going to be able to work with a Democratic Congress.  Bill Clinton didn't even have that, and that's why it was pretty hard for him to get things done.  He's also going to nominate 2-3 Supreme Court Justices.  We can't let a Republican take office and nominate even more conservatives to the Supreme Court, it will end up being extremely favored to the right.  Roe V Wade can be overturned if McCain gets elected.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »

Well he keeps saying that Ron Paul is Ralph Nader which is a stupid statement.  He's also saying that Paul has dropped out, that he's a Libertarian, and that he stole people's money with no intent of running for the presidency.  He also admits that nobody pays attention to him unless he mentions Ron Paul. 

Even if you draw that parallel between Paul and Nader, it's still weak as hell and I could list 100 reasons why they aren't even remotely close to similar.  Mdogg is just trying to smear Paul.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

The polices in the last 8 years have been heavily favored to the neo-conservatives, apart from the last two.  Obama can't bring an extreme change, but you can't deny that he'll have a strong impact in domestic polices.  Why?  Well he's going to be able to work with a Democratic Congress.  Bill Clinton didn't even have that, and that's why it was pretty hard for him to get things done.  He's also going to nominate 2-3 Supreme Court Justices.  We can't let a Republican take office and nominate even more conservatives to the Supreme Court, it will end up being extremely favored to the right.  Roe V Wade can be overturned if McCain gets elected.

McCain wont do shit....but Roe V Wade needs to be overturned. it should be a state issue.

It's not about nominating conservatives or liberals to the supreme court, one just needs to be a strict contistionlist and most progressives and neocons are not

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »

McCain wont do shit....but Roe V Wade needs to be overturned. it should be a state issue.

It's not about nominating conservatives or liberals to the supreme court, one just needs to be a strict contistionlist and most progressives and neocons are not

You're taking an ideal approach to the Supreme Court situation.  Do you really want to leave it up each State? 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Word, this is exactly what I mean, all of these people who constantly have these ridiculous labels "well i am a centrist leaning but slight leftie" "well i think that you lefties are the cause of the social decline in this country, we need a strong right wing government" "well i think you are all wrong what we need is the liberals" "flaming liberals endanger the stability of this nation with their idiotic poliicies" "

Meanwhile the truth is that these ideologies stopped on having any signifance at the upper echelons of power a long time time ago. Like 123 has said there is no difference in the parties they should just merge, that's not exclusively an opinion on american politics it''s largely the same here, i can't speak on germany or holland but I am sure 123 can speak on that. These labels mean nothing because fundamentally they have shifted the goal posts, they no longer contest or argue about the fundamental principles of constitution, about rights, now it's about giant centralised bureaucracies where the state imposes mass control on all sectors of an individuals life.  Instead of addressing these major issues, the argument turns to who can manage this the best. It's no longer about civil liberties being shitted on, the argument instead moves to "addressing the flaws" it's no longer about the wrongfulness of means testing, instead it's petty disagreements about where the threshhold should be. It's not about having a military which protects this nation and who should not be used outside of that scope, it's about an argument over which invasion best serves our "national interests" .

What M Dogg is saying though, relects entirely the double think which has been indoctrinated into so many of the populous. For example oh you are against the military being used to wage aggression on other nations, you are for upholding the constitution, you complain about a police state, you complain about the state of the borders, you are angry at the state of the economy, oh you are angry about complete centralised government control, you are an extremist. I wonder how much longer it is before these clowns then add to that, why are you for the constitution, don't you want to be free?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:52:32 PM by virtuoso »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »
LOL  It's not wise to follow the Constitution in a strict manner. Times change. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:02:49 PM by Mr. Javii »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2008, 01:03:08 PM »

You're taking an ideal approach to the Supreme Court situation.  Do you really want to leave it up each State? 

well I'm pro-life but abortion should be handled at a local level, the federal government shouldn't be the enforcer. Just like many other shit.