Author Topic: Best computer for gaming??  (Read 308 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Best computer for gaming??
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »
Ay whats up yall?! Ive never been into computer gaming really, so I dont know a ton about what computers are the best for it. But, Ive been thinking about buying a new computer....what do you guys think is the best PC for gaming?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Mygla

Re: Best computer for gaming??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »
You gotta compose that shit yourself... Most brand-computers (Dell, HP etc) suck ass for gaming, and if you find a decent one, it's gonna cost twice as much as building your own computer.

I don't know what stores are good for these kinds of things in the US, but over here, we have online stores that let you chose the insides of your computer, and they build it for you. Because it's not for everyone to just install all the hardware by them selves...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
Yup, gotta pick the parts off the shelf if you want a good gaming rig.

I just built my new computer last weekend. It's easier than you'd think - basically you can't fit the parts incorrectly. But of course if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. :P

If there's a good PC store somewhere near you they can help you. You could go to them and ask for a good gaming PC and they'll build it for you. But of course, they'll charge for the assembly...

But like Mygla said, don't get a brand name, ready-out-the-box computer if you really want to play PC games. The parts never quite add up right, there's always a part or two in those that's a serious performance bottleneck.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »
thats cool. this shits really for my girl more then anything though. i gotta PS3 and im cool with that lol but she fucks with that Sims 2 shit and is planning on starting up a website to sell merchandise for the game.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »
isnt that Alienware bullshit supposed to be good?

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 04:54:29 AM »
Quad Core CPU, Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card, 4GB RAM, two hard disks in RAID 0 configuration.
You should be able to run Crysis on medium/high detail level  :)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
thats cool. this shits really for my girl more then anything though. i gotta PS3 and im cool with that lol but she fucks with that Sims 2 shit and is planning on starting up a website to sell merchandise for the game.

Well Sims 2 isn't exactly a resource hungry game. That shit is just fine on some out-the-box brand computer.

isnt that Alienware bullshit supposed to be good?

Yeah Alienware machines are cool, but they're expensive as hell. You could get the same shit cheaper if you buy the parts separately.

Quad Core CPU, Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card, 4GB RAM, two hard disks in RAID 0 configuration.
You should be able to run Crysis on medium/high detail level  :)

Don't need no RAID configurations for games, homie. That shit's for when you do actual work on your computer. Or better yet, you run some databases or shit like that where you want to minimize the risk of losing data if a disk breaks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:22:40 PM by T-Dogg »