Poll

Who has a better chance of beating McCain?

Clinton
Obama

Author Topic: Who has a better chance of beating McCain?  (Read 332 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who has a better chance of beating McCain?
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »
?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Who has a better chance of beating McCain?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »
Obama, he can bring more people together. I know plenty of independents who love Obama, but prefer McCain over Hillary.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
Obama has no history of "dirty" politics, so the conservatives don't have that much material to attack Obama on.  We all know Clinton's history.  Obama is seen as the guy that people disagree with but do not hate, Hilary is seen as the one people just hate. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »
Obama in my opinion.. him winning the more rural states is a good indication, as those are the ones republicans are usually stronger in. Obama is also better at inspiring independent people, or people who usually don't even go to the polls. Obama should also be destroying McCain in TV debates.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
Obama in my opinion.. him winning the more rural states is a good indication, as those are the ones republicans are usually stronger in. Obama is also better at inspiring independent people, or people who usually don't even go to the polls. Obama should also be destroying McCain in TV debates.
Agreed. He'd win the Hilary states like NY and Cali anyways and he'd have a better chance in, say, Ohio or New Mexico and other swing states I assume. Most people who are politically volatile or just still undecided should have less reservations towards him, plus we've seen now that he can win predominately white states, too. And I guess those latinos would after all settle for him too if he were to be the democratic candidate. Also, probably more blacks than ever would go out and vote
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:06:24 PM by Kill »

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
Obama has no history of "dirty" politics, so the conservatives don't have that much material to attack Obama on.  We all know Clinton's history.  Obama is seen as the guy that people disagree with but do not hate, Hilary is seen as the one people just hate. 

Well said, although I think we should keep in mind that we don't know what dirt will be dug up on Obama's past before November.  The Muslim rumors alone were fairly potent.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
I think Obama has a better chance but Hillary would also defeat McCain.  Obama's entire attraction though is on things that can't be assaulted... vapid platitudinous speeches, he has no background to attack, he doesn't even have many policies to attack.  How can you argue against a guy saying "Hope! Love! Charity! Better Families!" There's no way to run an effective campaign against that if people are content just hearing him ramble off things like that with no ability to bring about any of it. 

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »

Well said, although I think we should keep in mind that we don't know what dirt will be dug up on Obama's past before November.  The Muslim rumors alone were fairly potent.

what were those rumours? like he's down with Farrakhan? he definitely has muslim ancestors, but that ain't no secret

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »

what were those rumours? like he's down with Farrakhan? he definitely has muslim ancestors, but that ain't no secret

A lot of people actually believe that Obama is a Muslim. 

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »

obama, huckabee, hilary, and rudy are on the top 10 corrupted politicians list on judicial watch

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

obama, huckabee, hilary, and rudy are on the top 10 corrupted politicians list on judicial watch

I'm talking about a comparison in terms of Left vs Right politics. 

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »
McCain is a Bush with a worse temper and phychological problems. He also knows jack shit about economics. Funny how the media annoints people.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »

is there any real evidence to back up that claim?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »

is there any real evidence to back up that claim?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071205/D8TBIDE00.html
WASHINGTON (AP) - A volunteer Iowa county coordinator for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign has resigned after forwarding a chain e-mail that suggests Barack Obama is a Muslim who wants to destroy the United States by being elected to its highest office.

Any educated person knows that Obama isn't a Muslim, but the majority of the people voting don't even read up on the candidates.  If Karl Rove was running the campaign against the Democrats this election, oh snap, the word would get out there that Obama has actually killed a few Americans for Islam. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »
Actually, John McCain has all the people Bush had running his campaigns working for him now. 

I'm fairly surprised at the number of people I meet that DO think that Barack is a muslim... and several still believe that "won't put his hand over his heart" thing about the national anthem, as well.  This one old man I know swears up and down "I SAW 'EM, all the candidates were lined up, every one of 'em put their hand over their heart and he wouldn't"  The guy actually remembers something that never really happened.

I still think he'll win.