Author Topic: EX POLICE OFFICER SAYS LIFE IN DANGER IN MP BUG SCANDAL  (Read 172 times)

EXPOSEPONCESENT

• 'G'
EX POLICE OFFICER SAYS LIFE IN DANGER IN MP BUG SCANDAL
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
This is taken from the mainstream BBC news website, an basically about a scandal thats popped off over here, an is kinda bubbling right about now, this one Labour party MP(Member Of Parliament) called Sadiq Khan, had his conversation with his constituent, a brother called Babar Ahmed allegedly bugged by police while they were talking in jail(Babar is in jail for extradition to the US over claims he raised money for the Taliban an other people way back in the day before 9'11).This isn't allowed over here because of a law called the Wilson doctrine from back in the 50's, 60s cold war era, police ain't supposed to bug politicians witout the say so from the prime minister in extreme situations. This all came to the light because of a whistle blower called Mark Kearney, who was a police officer at the prison at the time, who was ordered to do this bugging. Now that his name has been exposed to the public, he says he's life's in danger.

Now to me yeah, its obvious that Gordon Brown gave the ok to do this bugging to his own fellow party member an MP, on down to Jack Straw(Secretary of State for Justice), feds couldn't have done this on there own, they would have needed authorization from civil service, who would have got the ok from higher up politicians, the Prime Minister being the last chain of command to give it the green light under the Wilson doctrine, any other way dosen't seem plausible to an independant eye, thats the way I see it.

A opposition MP even got credible knowlegde of this bugging in November an sent a letter to the PM asking him if he knew anything about it, an if its a legitmate national security operation, an if it is, to see him under private closed doors(thats the rules in that type of situation). No reply was sent to that MP at all, an Gordon Brown claims to not have received the letter, yeah right, but yeah, thats why to me yeah, the police is being made a scapegoat an are cool wit it, in terms of, if the illegal bugging leads to the politicians, to the top, witout proper warrant for it, Gordon Brown is in serious fucking trouble, truss, thats why feds are saying it was authorised from them, because they know they can say it was a bugging operation of Babar Ahmed an not of Sadiq Khan an a mistake or sumthin or some type of rubbish like that, you see what I'm sayin, you get me people, nuthin will happen that way an it wil be a whitewash, thats the way its looking to me, thats the way I see it, true fucking stories

If the ex fed's life's in danger now, in danger from whom, to me he's saying that publicly now just to make sure nuthin fishy happens to him now, thats the way I see it, I definetly can't see anything happening to him from now on if its true, an if he was in danger, I doubt the danger would have originated from the police establishment, to me yeah, it would have come from the security services an Gordon Brown, I'm sure thats who he is talking about, I dunno, thats the way I see it you know

Gordon Brown looks like he's another fucking, Tony Blair, rip to David Kelly, if this is how they treat people in there own organization, what more the general public an oversea's, thats the way I see it, its nuthin long

here's the article from the mainstream BBC news website...

Bug row officer fears for safety
Mark Kearney
Mr Kearney was an intelligence officer at Woodhill Prison
The ex-police officer who claims he bugged an MP's visit to a jailed constituent says his life is "at risk" after the case was leaked to the media.

Mark Kearney, a former police intelligence officer at Woodhill Prison in Milton Keynes, says he did not think it was right to bug MP Sadiq Khan.

But he claimed the Met Police put him under "significant pressure" to do so.

Shadow home secretary David Davis said bugging an MP made a "liar" of the PM because it broke previous conventions.

He spoke out as it emerged that officials in the Home Office and Ministry of Justice were told in December of the incident.

Childhood friends

However, the BBC has learnt that Justice Secretary Jack Straw and Home Secretary Jacqui Smith had not been aware until the Sunday Times reports emerged this weekend.

Mr Davis told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that it was apparent that Mr Straw and Ms Smith were "not in charge of their departments".

I'm shocked and disgusted by this leakage to the media - I believe it puts my life and safety at risk
Mark Kearney
Ex-police officer

Is prison bugging common?
Q&A: MP bugging row

"Why was this allowed to happen without any ministerial knowledge?" he asked.

"Why, when it was discovered in December, they didn't tell Jack Straw or Jacqui Smith?"

The conversations alleged to have been recorded took place in 2005 and 2006 at Woodhill Prison.

They were between Mr Khan and Babar Ahmad - a constituent and childhood friend - who is in prison awaiting extradition to the US.

He is accused there of running websites supporting the Taleban and Chechen terrorists, though he faces no charges in the UK.

'Significant pressure'

Former Thames Valley Police sergeant Mr Kearney, who was working at the jail, faces charges - unrelated to the bugging claims - of leaking information to a local newspaper.

He told the BBC he was "shocked and disgusted" that the case had been leaked to the media.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson
The debate now will focus on whether political surveillance is returning, or whether MPs - like us all - should be liable to be bugged if there is a perceived threat to national security.
BBC political editor Nick Robinson

Read Nick's thoughts in full
Solicitor's bugging fear

"I believe it puts my life and safety at risk," he said. "I would also like to say I am quite prepared to cooperate with any inquiry so it can reach a proper conclusion."

In a statement prepared by his solicitors, Mr Kearney said there was "significant pressure from the Metropolitan Police requesting that we covertly record a social visit between a terrorist detainee and a member of Parliament".

"The MP concerned was Sadiq Khan... I did record the visit but have never felt it was justified in these circumstances," he said.

Mr Straw announced on Monday that Chief Surveillance Commissioner Sir Christopher Rose is to head an inquiry into the allegations.

He said Sir Christopher, a former Court of Appeal judge, would try to find out under whose authority any bugging was carried out and would present his findings within two weeks.

Wilson Doctrine

Mr Straw insisted that a chief police officer had to authorise eavesdropping operations, adding that "ministers play no part in these authorisations".

Police are entitled to monitor prisoners' communications but such operations must first be approved by the surveillance commissioner who considers them on a case-by-case basis.

However, a code known as the Wilson Doctrine forbids the covert recording of conversations between MPs and their constituents.

On Sunday Mr Khan - now a government whip - said he had no idea he might have been bugged and was pleased Mr Straw had announced a swift inquiry.