Author Topic: EMINEM IS FAR AND AWAY THE ILLEST!!!!!  (Read 1166 times)

infinite59

EMINEM IS FAR AND AWAY THE ILLEST!!!!!
« on: May 31, 2001, 08:00:09 AM »
Eminem is light years ahead of the game.  Let's not lie to ourselves.  No one can touch him.  Artists like Canibus, Rass Kass and Chino XL can put together a rhymes as elaborate as Eminem but they're concepts aren't on the same level, and they can't do the things with they're voice Eminem does.  And his prodution is always on point.  The D-12 album just adds more proof to his legacy.  

I'm not going to try and compromise with the haters any longer.  Snoops style is dated.  Dre's style is dated.  The Dogg Pounds style is ancient.  Eminem's shit is up-to-date ahead of it's time, and on another level.  Period.  

Mr_Loc

Re: EMINEM IS FAR AND AWAY THE ILLEST!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2001, 08:14:24 AM »
okay sure
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2001, 08:42:35 AM »
YOU CAN ONLY KNOCK OUT SO MUCH BEFORE PEEPS START TO GET TIRED OF THE SAME OLD SHIT.
BOTH OF EM'S ALBUMS WERE REALLY THE SAME AND I KNOW THATS A DUMB THING TO SAY BUT I WANNA HEAR EM DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT LIKE THE D12 ALBUM THATS DROPPIN SOON, ITS NOT JUST EM ON IT (I THINK PROOF IS GREAT !!).
DONT GET ME WRONG, I DO LIKE EM BUT THINK HE HAS TURNED TOO POP !!

AS FAR AS DRE & SNOOP BEING DATED ALL I GOT TO SAY TO THAT IS "YOU MUST BE AVIN A LAUGH MATE".
IN MY EYEZ ARTISTS LIKE DRE, SNOOP & PAC ETC WILL NEVER BE DATED  ;D

(SHIT, THIS IS THE LONGEST POST IVE EVER WRITTEN I THINK !! WELL DONE ME  ;D )

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2001, 08:53:42 AM »
No doubt Eminem is tha illest but he gets far too annoying far too quickly, hes far too over exposed, i hear and see him everywhere.

Peace

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2001, 09:06:06 AM »
Yo Hoe?  Eminem's first two albums sound the same?  What?  They sound nothingalike.  My Name Is and The Real Slim Shady sound the same, and were both hits.  Drug Ballad and Cum on everybody sound the same but that's what it was supposed to be, because it was a continuation.  Showing continuity between the two albums.  The albums are completely different.  His first album is about being called a loser, being broke, and being hungry to prove himself.  The second one is about all the shit his gone through since he became famous, and responding to critics.  You have no argument.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2001, 09:16:43 AM »
eminem isnt the illest IMO. his shit is always impressive at first but it has no staying power IMO. i cant listen to MMLP (never got SSLP) now, its just tired. the lyrics were funny for 2000 but now its stuck in the past IMO.

by talking about pop culture in your music it is instantly dated, whereas if you speak on real life shit it lasts not only as long as those social conditions do, but can also be looked back on like a history book IMO.

and eminem the person is an annoying pop star IMO. you might say its not his fault hes become such a celebrity but it is, he plays right into the media's hands IMO.

eminem is a fad IMO.

by the way this post is my opinion so dont hate lol.

BadBoy4Life (Guest)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2001, 09:25:27 AM »
Well yall heard the saying "opinions are like assholes everyones got one" so let me just express mine. First off Infinite I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it, so don't take this the wrong way because I can tell your a big Slim Shady fan. I don't see how anybody in hip hop can even tolerate Eminem let along be a fan of his music. First off his voice is annoying as hell, he sounds like a ten year old girl. Second of all he (if you can call it that) raps about modern day mentally challenged whiteboy problems. I mean talking about killing family members, taking to many pills, how can this garbage be considered hip hop especially with that high pitched bitch voice of his? Third he acts as if he's all tough  but the majority of his disses goes out to teenage girls for example Britney -Christina wtf? He has yet to diss anyone who is a physical threat to him. He bascially disses people he can DISS. And he almost hates more then DeathRow does, I mean his disses are getting old and plain stupid, every other word is a diss this ones a fag this ones gay please enough. Fourth his albums are practically the same bullshit with different beats and different disses, I mean come on change your shit a little bit the same act gets tired after awhile. OH GREAT lets hear another CD of disses and how you want to kill your wife and how you mom sued you, how exciting. Anyway just an opinion

If yur girl keeps coming around ima blaze her cause im the BADBOY flavor

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2001, 10:06:15 AM »
YO 59 !! I THINK THEY DO SOUND ALIKE MAYBE NOT THE SAME (SORRY I USED THE WRONG DESCRIPTION THERE!!) BUT DONT YOU THINK THAT EVERYTHING EM SAYS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING HE ALREADY SAID !!

I DUNNO.......MAYBE MY EARS ARE JUST FUCKED !!

Jay ay Beee

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2001, 10:16:16 AM »
I have a lot of respect for him but two things I don't like is how he
1) Cusses for now real reason
2) Plays into the media's hands - nude photos, "I hate the Grammys and then duet with Elton at them"

But he is very talented and at the moment I think he is the number 1 rapper in the world. But I don't think his career will have the longetivity of sum1 like Snoop

Safe

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2001, 10:23:02 AM »
no diss...but i think eminem is one of the wackest idiots on the rap-game

he cant rap, but he do have a vocabulary flow...but thats all

So Much Style

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2001, 10:56:04 AM »
and your lyrics in your signiture are dope and have more flow than eminem?
So much style back at it again

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2001, 12:05:57 PM »
well infinite, i agree with you. i took a long road trip the other day, and the people i went with only had the marshall mathers lp and we listened to it three times front to back. i could spit every lyric on that whole album, front to back, and every bit of it made sense to me. unlike many other rappers, their shit hardly makes sense to me in the scope of the whole song. i dont know, maybe it's cuz i'm white, but i can feel everything that this dude is saying.

second, you can call him pop, but in doing so, you gotta realize that snoop and dre are pop too, so don't act like they've never done anything pop. snoop has been half naked in girls magazines (i've seen them), he has a video with hustler magazine, he's been on saturday night live, been on the steve harvey show, and has his own radio show for fucks sake. the thing about eminem is that his 'pop'ularity was inevitable. breaking a color barrier in rap was a very difficult task to overcome, and he did it, and the majority of people that buy rap finally had someone they could cheer for and feel. his pop success was inevitable, and i think the only way he could remain true was to continue talking about the shit he started with.

lastly, he disses everyone. which, personally, i dont' think is the coolest thing in the world, but it's not like he thinks hes hard for taking shots at christina and britney. he might think hes hard for taking shots at cage and everlast and marky mark and insane clown posse....etc, but i hardly think that it makes him feel like a tough guy when he talks shit about nsync. now tell me, how many of you guys out there, when talking to your homies, diss the fuck out of these pop superstars (nsync, backstreet boys, britney, christina...)? he's just doin the same things we do, but on record, and i personally think the shit is funny. i diss the hell out of those fucks everytime i see them on tv, and so does he. does that mean that i think i'm hard? call it what you want, but disses like that can't be called disses.

anyways, to make a long story short, i fully agree with you 100%, but i really believe that there are certain people that can totally feel eminem, and we're some of them. whether it be race, or just our willingness to give "the great white american hope" a try, he's the hottest shit i've heard since 2pac.
peace

eNgIeS

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2001, 12:23:05 PM »
infinite, stop dick riding please

I like Daz alot doesnt mean I say his flat out the best & then diss everyone else in the process

U say Daz's style is ancient, well I like old shit better than the commercial rubbish out these days

Tecknine

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2001, 02:46:40 PM »
Well i do agree on dissing pop stars that is kinda gay.....But  if you are not retarded em disss real emcees too.Dialated Peoples,Cage,Esham,N.A.T.A.S,Are thoses pop figures now come on....He has a lot of skill.And who ever said he cant rap.THats plain old nonsince..U must be deaF

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2001, 03:06:46 PM »

eminem isnt the illest IMO. his shit is always impressive at first but it has no staying power IMO. i cant listen to MMLP (never got SSLP) now, its just tired. the lyrics were funny for 2000 but now its stuck in the past IMO.

by talking about pop culture in your music it is instantly dated, whereas if you speak on real life shit it lasts not only as long as those social conditions do, but can also be looked back on like a history book IMO.

and eminem the person is an annoying pop star IMO. you might say its not his fault hes become such a celebrity but it is, he plays right into the media's hands IMO.

eminem is a fad IMO.

by the way this post is my opinion so dont hate lol.

Hmm... I Agree With The Whole Part, I Just Do'nt Agree That He's Annoying, Or A Fad... He Does Wear Out, Though, And You're On Point About His Subject Matter Being Dated.  Thing Is Though, He Won't Dissapear Like A Fad, Because He'll Just Keep Talking About The Current Pop Culture, As Each Album Is Released.  I Think We'll See A MAJOR Change Of Direction With Him After Another Album Or Two, Because He'll Stop Trying To Shock, And Use His Talent (Which you Have To Admit Is Pretty Formidable... Even For A White Guy, He's Unbelievably Talented, Just Missplaced)... To Write Some Meaningful Lyrics.  Imagine A Whole Album Of Songs As Well Written As Stan... All Of His Songs Are Well Written, But He's Just Writing Trying To Shock, In My Opinion.  

BTW, The  SSLP Was Better Than The MMLP, I Thought....