Author Topic: extension cords  (Read 1477 times)

Chief

Re: extension cords
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2008, 03:32:04 AM »
i own 4 extension cords, best investments i ever made..

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2008, 01:11:22 PM »
the homies Tim Taylor and Al Borland are down with the movement:

JAZ

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »
If you plug two extension cords together like this, they won't come unplugged by accident.
When you're done they're easy to unplug.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
Division of Labor and Industry

Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH) -
If You Don't Become an Inspector... You May Become a Conductor

1, 2, 3 These are simple tests that can be done in less than 5 minutes to ensure your safety and that of your fellow workers. Be an inspector, not a conductor.

1.  Checking the tool

Before starting your inspection, physically disconnect the tool and cords from the power source. Carefully inspect the tool and the cord visually to find any physical damage that may prove hazardous, such as missing ground prong.

Next, ensure that there is no break in the wire between the metal case of the tool and the grounding prong on the plug. This is known as checking continuity. Do this by using a continuity tester, a device available in a hardware store or electrical supply house.

The alligator clip of the continuity tester is connected to the grounding prong. The opposite end is touched against the metal part of the tool.

If the ground is continuous the indicating light will come on. This tells the inspector that if the tool short circuits, electric current fault will be safely carried away from the tool operator.
Appropriately marked double insulated tools do not have a grounding prong and are double insulated to protect the operator.

2.  Checking the extension cord
If you are using an extension cord inspect it for physical damage and continuity using the methods described above. Remember, be sure the cord is not plugged in.

3.  Checking the source
When checking the source you, as the inspector, need to ensure that the wiring is correct. This is accomplished with a circuit tester. This simple device, when plugged into an outlet, visually tells the inspector that the wiring concealed behind the panel has been installed properly. Circuit testers are available at hardware stores and electrical supply houses.

DerekNelson

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »
there pretty cool you can do a lot of shit with them... whats your favorite use ?

i love shoving a 20metre ext. cord up my next door neighbours cats asshole.

then pulling it out, and my fav part is when i have to clean it b4 i plug it into the wall again.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2008, 03:21:22 AM »
i love shoving a 20metre ext. cord up my next door neighbours cats asshole.

then pulling it out, and my fav part is when i have to clean it b4 i plug it into the wall again.

nice try clint  :)