Author Topic: Tha Row - Still Hope ?  (Read 119 times)

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tha Row - Still Hope ?
« on: May 31, 2001, 09:02:41 AM »
Personally I think Deathrow could become one of the biggest record labels in the world again as it used to be but there's just one thing stoping it. A big animal like creature who thinks he's all that and could get anything he wants. It'ss name is Suge Knight. Now everybody always talking about how Deathrow is finished and it should just go away but all it needs to do to become successful is change the name to Tha Row and keep it like that and somebody new and fresh to buy out Suge Knight cause he has killed of Deathrow. Everybody is scared of Suge Knight for some reason but nuttin a few bullets couldn't stop. Even Tupac was going to leave Deathrow. I feel there is still good talent that would sign to Deathrow but only if there was a new owner. What do ya'll think? Holla right back at me.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Mr_Loc

Re: Tha Row - Still Hope ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2001, 09:22:42 AM »
Suge Knight = death row

when he dies, it dies.

Dre was the music, Suge was/is the mentality.

when dre left, the hits stopped, when Suge gets killed the whole thing stops. nobody else will take the reigns

BadBoy4Life (Guest)

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2001, 09:27:51 AM »
Exactly Loc , -Imy scroll down a bit to the post "DEATHROW a complete Joke Just RIP them"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2001, 09:37:09 AM »

when Suge gets killed

Oh thats cold bro.........

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2001, 10:00:25 AM »
Why does everybody say that when Suge leaves Deathrow it will disappear. Would you not take a free company if it was offered. Hell I would. I wouldn't care less who it was at least I'd have my own record label. And as for Dre leaving. That bitch is a pussy and when Suge got put in jail people started leaving Deathrow and who was standing there with his cheque book ready to sign them up to his label, none other than Dr Dre. A lot of people left Deathrow when Suge was in jail and he couldn't do anything to stop it. Dre never made Deathrow famous. Everybody always talking about how Dre started Deathrow. If you look into it further it was actually Dre & Suge that started it. Dre thinks he's great cause he made Snoop Dogg. That guy is passed his prime time, he'll be trying to take over the Oprah Winphrey show soon he's that past it. Deathrow had always been a big name in rap and in the near future will be a big name in rap. Everybody has to start from scratch and Deathrow will become an empire in rap again. I can't believe ya'll haet Deathrow cause Suge is in charge. You should hate Suge not Deathrow. Give it time and Deathrow will be a big name label again. Hell if it goes to die I'll fucking get a package deal 2gether a buy it.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Jay ay Beee

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2001, 10:11:40 AM »
First off your comments on Dre are unwarranted. So what if Suge and Dre started it. Without Dre's production on the Chronic and Doggystyle Death Row wouldn't have got as big as it did.  
A lot of people on here like the Row because of the talent it has - ATL, Crooked I etc.  And most of us hate Suge.  But the thing is, Suge is Tha Row. He is the main attraction now for the media.  Before Snoop and Pac were the biggest and most controversial figures that the media focused on.  But now Suge is. And when your CEO overshadows the talent, there's no hope.

Swookillah

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Final!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2001, 05:27:39 PM »
Problem with the Row is that they have the worst production.  They need to spend time and money going after a good house producer.  Darren Vegas is fast becoming a top west coast producer.  those songs WestCoast2k leaked Raw Daws and Bang On Em are tight.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2001, 10:33:46 PM »
I think Deathrow could become one of the biggest record labels in the world again as it used to be
It isn't as big as before and I doubt it will ever be.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE