Author Topic: DJ Quik - Boom (CDQ)  (Read 1960 times)

acgrundy

Re: DJ Quik - Boom (CDQ)
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
g-one wrote dollaz + sence period. quik said it a while ago

i dont understand though..he doesnt even rap why would he write one of the best diss songs ever?

I don't know.

can you point us to the interview where quik said this Lu? Thanks!

I can't remember the website or magazine...
but acgrundy is right

but don't you think it's a little misleading to say G-One "wrote" the song

you don't think Quik had anything to do with it?  it's not like it doesn't sound like some shit Quik would rap

actually it doesn't sound like something quik would normally rap...its way harder than quik usually raps...listen to Quik's other diss songs, like U need to Get at Me...he doesn't nearly come as hard as he does on dollars and sense.  Quik always had more of a party vibe rather than a gangsta vibe.

~Lucien~

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

i dont understand though..he doesnt even rap why would he write one of the best diss songs ever?

I don't know.

but acgrundy is right

you don't think Quik had anything to do with it?  it's not like it doesn't sound like some shit Quik would rap

I really don't know. maybe we can hear the truth once and for all in a next interview
all I know is that G-One wrote it

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:31 AM »
We don't have always to believe what DJ Quik says in interview.. he got so much different stories about "Addictive" production credits, for example.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »

I don't know.

but acgrundy is right

actually it doesn't sound like something quik would normally rap...its way harder than quik usually raps...listen to Quik's other diss songs, like U need to Get at Me...he doesn't nearly come as hard as he does on dollars and sense.  Quik always had more of a party vibe rather than a gangsta vibe.

Because in "Get At Me" he was just dissin' AMG (originally it said "Mr. A-M-G" instead of "Mr. You-Know-Who") for being Hollywood or something. But MC Ehit that's another different story.
What about "Total Auto", it ain't that soft.

westrisingagain

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 02:20:31 AM »
this track goes hard. i cant believe that quik didnt write dollaz and sense. dre catches a lot of shit for not writing his raps and come to figure that quik didnt write dollaz and sense is crazy. its a top five diss of all time and this is the first time i heard he didnt write it

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:44 AM »
Dopeness  8)

So funky!

DJSpin

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
I'm not a massive follower of Quik, so does he write his own shit?

yea dude that's why he's so dope, he writes and produces all his shit

hold up...quik doesn't write all his own shit...in fact Dollars and Sense was written by G-One

You sure it was G-One? I heard it was an OG from the Bloods that co-wrote it. I remember looking it up in the booklet once too, but would've remembered that it was G-One. Could be wrong though. If somebody with the booklet could look that up that would be dope. All my cd cases are stored in my parents house so I can't really do it.

And since there's an original version to Dollaz & Sense which has most of the same lyrics without the Eiht disses, I'm guessing that whoever wrote Dollaz & Sense with Quik, wrote strictly the added Eiht disses.

i have a 12" promo from the murder was the case soundtrack... Has Sam Sneed "You Betta Recognize" DJ Quik "Dollaz and Sense" radio edit and Dogg Pound "what would u do" radio edit.    This is how its listed for Dollaz and Sense
"Dollaz & Sense"  (Radio Edit)
(George G-One Archie) G-One publishing .  Produced by DJ Quik   ....   
i wonder if Quik had previously written his verse to the OG..and then G-One did a majority of the other verses once 220 was taken off the track

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
i love the break in the middle...shit is way 2 fonky!

acgrundy

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
can u up the radio edit for dollaz and sense

MarshColin

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2008, 08:33:36 PM »
I'm not a massive follower of Quik, so does he write his own shit?

yea dude that's why he's so dope, he writes and produces all his shit

hold up...quik doesn't write all his own shit...in fact Dollars and Sense was written by G-One

You sure it was G-One? I heard it was an OG from the Bloods that co-wrote it. I remember looking it up in the booklet once too, but would've remembered that it was G-One. Could be wrong though. If somebody with the booklet could look that up that would be dope. All my cd cases are stored in my parents house so I can't really do it.

And since there's an original version to Dollaz & Sense which has most of the same lyrics without the Eiht disses, I'm guessing that whoever wrote Dollaz & Sense with Quik, wrote strictly the added Eiht disses.

i wonder if Quik had previously written his verse to the OG..and then G-One did a majority of the other verses once 220 was taken off the track

Ya that's what I was saying.

MarshColin

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

I got it somewhere. It's cool, the lyrics are changed.

SeanOne

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2008, 12:16:30 AM »
i never heard this one before....thanx

DJSpin

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »

I got it somewhere. It's cool, the lyrics are changed.

if you can, can you post a link to that it...i just have it on record and no way to get it into my computer??

HEC

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2008, 08:05:29 AM »
thanks for this