Author Topic: Republicans are always happier than Democrats  (Read 922 times)

Trauma-san

Republicans are always happier than Democrats
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:27:27 AM »
And I can prove it.  Good Morning!

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/301/are-we-happy-yet

This is a survey done by the Pew Research Center on Happiness... check out the section about political affiliation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Political Party Affiliation
Some 45% of all Republicans report being very happy, compared with just 30% of Democrats and 29% of independents. This finding has also been around a long time; Republicans have been happier than Democrats every year since the General Social Survey began taking its measurements in 1972. Pew surveys since 1991 also show a partisan gap on happiness; the current 16 percentage point gap is among the largest in Pew surveys, rivaled only by a 17 point gap in February 2003.

Could it be that Republicans are so much happier now because their party controls all the levers of federal power? Not likely. Since 1972, the GOP happiness edge over Democrats has ebbed and flowed in a pattern that appears unrelated to which party is in political power.

For example, Republicans had up to a 10 and 11 percentage point happiness edge over Democrats in various years of both the Carter and Clinton presidencies, and as small as a three and five percentage point edge in various years of the Reagan and first Bush presidencies. Also, we should explain here a bit about how our survey questionnaire was constructed. The question about happiness was posed at the very beginning of the interview, while the question about political affiliation was posed at the back end, along with questions about demographic traits. So respondents were not cued to consider their happiness through the frame of partisan politics. This question is about happiness; it is not a question about happiness with partisan outcomes.

Of course, there's a more obvious explanation for the Republicans' happiness edge. Republicans tend to have more money than Democrats, and -- as we've already discovered -- people who have more money tend to be happier.

But even this explanation only goes so far. If one controls for household income, Republicans still hold a significant edge: that is, poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats; middle-income Republicans are happier than middle-income Democrats, and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.
Might ideology be the key? It's true that conservatives, who are more likely to be Republican, are happier than liberals, who are more likely to be Democrats. But even controlling for this ideological factor, a significant partisan gap remains. Conservative Republicans are happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate/liberal Republicans are happier than liberal Democrats. Hmmm, what other factors might be at play? Well, there's always...

Religiosity...."

and then it goes on and on.  Pretty interesting, huh?  I'm interested in what you think. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Republicans are always happier than Democrats
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
There's also this theory that dumbfucks are happier. Not saying that republicans are dumbfucks or anything. I'm just saying that certain defense mechanisms and lack of reflection can cause happiness, I'd rather take drugs, though.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:39:34 AM »
im a republican and im happy

KAIN WITH THAT JFK SWAG |CLC|

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
THEY OWN THE MOST WII'S.

I'M A DEMOCRAT AND I'M HAPPY. YOU DIDN'T PROVE SHIT SAN.

Narrator

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »
Not surprising at all.  Ignorance is bliss.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »
I'm Democrat... and I'm happy. Broke... but happy... lol.

how can I not be... Ann Coulter is on my side now... lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuTqgqhxVMc&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HuTqgqhxVMc&amp;rel=1</a>

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:17:40 PM »
There's also this theory that dumbfucks are happier. Not saying that republicans are dumbfucks or anything. I'm just saying that certain defense mechanisms and lack of reflection can cause happiness, I'd rather take drugs, though.

You sound angry.  Maybe it's because you're a liberal?  you kind of just proved the study, didn't ya? 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »
I'm a Libertarian and I was happy ages 0-14, unhappy 15-18, happy 18-21, unhappy 22-24, happy for 2 months of 25, unhappy for  other 9 months of 25.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:53:46 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »
Why did I even enter this pointless thread expecting a decent debate?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »
What it comes down to, and I didn't even read the replies, is Fuck an Iraqi citizen.  I want the American Army to go ahead and send the jets in, kill every man, woman, and child in site.  Fuck yall.  I'm sick of the bullshit... an Iraqi is inferior to an American, that's just the way it is now.  You're not even civilized in the Middle east, and as I knew it would be, it's war, motherfuckers.  I say we start leveling major Middle East cities immediately, killing whoever like the uncivilized dogs that they are, and then move on from there.  Lets see how long we get fucked with when there's nobody fucking left over there.  Period.  Say what you want, I don't give a fuck. 

Republicans are always happier than Democrats.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »
Why did I even enter this pointless thread expecting a decent debate?

ALL I KNOW IS, SOMETHING AS PETTY AS AMERICAN POLITICAL RIVALRY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN ACCURATE GAUGE OF HUMAN BEHAVIOR. AND FOR SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY START A THREAD LIKE THIS MEANS THEY ARE BOTHERED BY OTHER POINTS OF VIEW IN LIFE WHICH PROBABLY MAKES THEM PRETTY UNHAPPY SEEING AS AMERICA IS THE MOST DIVERSE PLACE IN THE WORLD.

herpes

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
the more I play with myself the happier I am *shrugs shoulders*

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »
Polls are for dumbfucks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/If9EWDB_zK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/If9EWDB_zK4</a>

Trauma, this massive cocksmoker in this vid works for Fox News.  He conducts all of the polls after the debates, and is the blubbering fat fuck that somehow conducts line charts gauging negative and positive reactions of Fox's focus group when various candidates speak on random subjects.  He's the ultimate propagandist. 

Turn off your fucking television.

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »
"Republicans are always happier than Democrats"

When is always? Who are Republicans and who aren't? What is happiness and how do you measure it? Oh, perhaps by means of manipulatable polls? Did you intend to say "all Republicans are always happier than all Democrats" when you know that's virtually impossible?

Whatever.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
What it comes down to, and I didn't even read the replies, is Fuck an Iraqi citizen.  I want the American Army to go ahead and send the jets in, kill every man, woman, and child in site.  Fuck yall.  I'm sick of the bullshit... an Iraqi is inferior to an American, that's just the way it is now.  You're not even civilized in the Middle east, and as I knew it would be, it's war, motherfuckers.  I say we start leveling major Middle East cities immediately, killing whoever like the uncivilized dogs that they are, and then move on from there.  Lets see how long we get fucked with when there's nobody fucking left over there.  Period.  Say what you want, I don't give a fuck. 

Republicans are always happier than Democrats.

WOW. The propaganda worked WAY too well on that guy. Good to know these types of braindead fuckheads are still out there though.