Author Topic: Big Hutch aka Cold 187um Of Above The Law Full Interview On Dubcnn!  (Read 2303 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Big Hutch aka Cold 187um Of Above The Law Full Interview On Dubcnn!
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 03:04:02 AM »
Damn dude goes back and forth and contratics himself all the time  :P

yeah, maybe he is bipolar?  ;D

anyway, with some of his comments it sounds like he expects dre to be his sugardaddy or something  :-\

he needs to get his emotions under control; like you said chad, he shows some respect, but in an other comment he blames dre for no legitimate reason.
he twists things; instead of criticising in a constructive way, and base his statements on facts.

no disrespect Nima, but it would have been great if you had interrupted him a bit more during his ranting  :laugh: you could have pushed him in a certain direction; it seems like 187 needed some guidance you know  :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:06:29 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 10:35:22 AM »
production wise hutch has always been ahead of the curve and game just a lil bit.
listen to forever rich thugs, not most fans favourite album, but in my opinion hutch brought some bad ass beats on that album.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
yup
thats the thing about dre, you cant forget about him.
all the artists that worked in the past with him that get interviewed, the hot topics usually there time spent with Dre.
Hutch been outta the lime lilght for a minute, but i guess those questions just come with the territory.
Snoops done a good job of evading and staying away from the Doctor.
on his last album, the only 2 dre songs, those were the first ones they did in a long time. After 2001 dropped they did a few appearences then for a few years nothin.
Anyone got more info on the ATL Ruthless Box Set comin out?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »
Damn dude goes back and forth and contratics himself all the time  :P

yeah, maybe he is bipolar?  ;D

anyway, with some of his comments it sounds like he expects dre to be his sugardaddy or something  :-\

he needs to get his emotions under control; like you said chad, he shows some respect, but in an other comment he blames dre for no legitimate reason.
he twists things; instead of criticising in a constructive way, and base his statements on facts.

no disrespect Nima, but it would have been great if you had interrupted him a bit more during his ranting  :laugh: you could have pushed him in a certain direction; it seems like 187 needed some guidance you know  :P

I feel you man. I just felt that dude had a lot of shit to say and I wanted to catch the raw emotion of it coming out of him... Most of the interview was freestyled anyway cause it was pretty spontaneous.

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 08:43:57 PM »
Interview's dope.
alot of times its good to let them speak their mind.  i would have done the same, just let him talk.
pretty good for a freestlyed interview.
when i interview, even though i have questions written, i always end up just going with the flow because during their answers they end up talking bout what u were gonna ask anyways.

good job.
im gettin with hutch in a few weeks, hope our interview goes as smooth as urs.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 01:47:07 AM »
Interview's dope.
alot of times its good to let them speak their mind.  i would have done the same, just let him talk.
when i interview, even though i have questions written, i always end up just going with the flow because during their answers they end up talking bout what u were gonna ask anyways.

good job.

I'm sure it will dude's a cool ass person I had the chance to meet him in 2004 before he got locked up, he got stories for days.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
Interview's dope.

good job.

well like i said, it wasn't a bad interview, since he told some new things, but the ranting bothered me. that's why i felt Nima could have helped a bit more to get the interview back on track  ;) but i guess we disagree with eachother.

and some things can't be predicted like you said, because the answer the artist gives might inspire the interviewer for a new question

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 05:40:36 AM »
Interview's dope.

good job.

well like i said, it wasn't a bad interview, since he told some new things, but the ranting bothered me. that's why i felt Nima could have helped a bit more to get the interview back on track  ;) but i guess we disagree with eachother.

and some things can't be predicted like you said, because the answer the artist gives might inspire the interviewer for a new question

all good

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 07:32:07 AM »
you sounded (audio) shook a couple of times Nima,did he catch you off guard?
or was you high?
he even went; "ask me some questions"  :laugh: :laugh:

I defintely was high, I am most of the time when I do interviews though... Well not if its early on in the day but if its later at night yeah chances are I am.. You can hear me blowing out smoke in a few of them too lol. I don't know if I would say he caught me off guard, but let's say I wasn't trying to go tooo deeply into the "oh the west coast gets no love we need to get back on top" discussion cause i've been having that discussion in most interviews for the past 5 years and it doesn't really change lol. But Hutch brought up many interesting and new points which is why I kept it going.

Chad Vader

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 07:52:10 AM »
Dubcnn: Do people still ask you the question who really invented G-Funk?

*laughs* Yeah, they do!
It's funny, cause people know who invented G-Funk!
The people who ask me, they're telling me "You invented it!" *laughs* They know the history.

:-X :-X :-X really?

But yeah, the thing about it is that I don't even live off that.

:-X :-X :-X :-X say that again?  :P :P :P :-X :-X :-X
How come he brings that up all the time then?

It's just that I've done something, I've influenced somebody, and I wanted my credit for that influence.
I innovated a certain sound in this industry and people don't give me credit for it.

So what do he want Dre to do,after all that shit he´s been saying?
Dre has NEVER as far as I can remember claimed he has invented G-Funk,
show me a interview that quotes Dre saying this and I´ll keep my big mouth shut  :P :laugh: :-X

People just look over me, people don't even put me in nothing,

I guess there you have it,he´s a little bitter that he´s not reconized.

even if that person don't put me in nothing,
knowingly that enough people know the true story,
for you guys to print that.

Again if that´s so why bring it up again,again and again  ;)

It's bad in that sense, not to say that "The person who took it is wak for taking it" No.
Music is influence, when we click together we all influence each other. That's a compliment.

^^^^^that´s more like it  ;)^^^^

If I do something good and you utilize it and you come up, that's a compliment.
What's messed up, is when you don't give that person the credit,
when you don't pay homage to that person.

here we go AGAIN  :P

It's like learning a skill from somebody and saying you made it up, and not giving your teacher the proper credit.

and Cold187um learned from who again?

And this is a person that was once close to me and basically
taught me everything I know as far as making records.

That's my problem with it.
It's not even about this person doing something with it and winning from it,
it's only about "give me my credit, give me my just due."
I worked hard coming up with a theory and an idea to be different than everybody else, you know what I mean?

here we go again  :-X

You got people like Dr. Dre, who invest in different people from other markets,
not taking anything away from these people,they're very talented,but he won't invest into the West Coast!
You leave it to where Above The Law gotta get a independent deal,
DJ Quik gotta get a independent deal,
WC gotta get a independent deal,
when we could be in a major setting, and working up under your umbrella!

And we're all self contained, to where we could pave the way for new artists, it wouldn't even be on him!
You feel me? But if we can't get up in the grand scheme of things, where do we end up at?
We still end up doing what we did in 1989, my man! Still scraping to get in the industry again! You know?

Cause if Dr. Dre, the "King of it all, the big boss",ain't saying that it's all to the good, it really ain't to the good nowhere else!
Unless we create that following on the ground level. Where that comes from, is us giving the streets, shaking hands, kissing babies, passing out our CD's, giving it to people, and saying "This is what we're trying to attempt to do. Create a market out here." Without it we won't have anything. So if anybody wanna put a negative spin on something, tell the truth first! Because that's what's going to help you get the solution. Don't get into "You need to do this, because that's played out", because they're doing the same thing we were doing years ago! So if what we were doing years ago is played out, then okay, how are we to display what we're trying to do now, if no one wants to support it? How are you even gonna see if we're doing anything, if no one wants to support it?

If it's in the hands of Dr.Dre,and you know that Dr.Dre isn't gonna support it,well then get past that! You feel me?
Don't get caught up in the "Aw he won't help us so we'll give up!"
Get past it! It's cool! I said it, it's cool, he ain't helping us! I ain't mad at him!

I hope Detox sells 20 million records!
But if he ain't helping me, why do I gotta sit up and campaign what he does?
Why can't I come out and campaign what I do? You feel me?
I should start washing cars at a car wash cause he won't help me put a record out?
Man I was born in the music! I was writing songs before I even knew Dr. Dre!
I probably was making music before he thought he could do music!
So I'm supposed to give up? No! He's a man!
So where does my faith lie, in him? No, my faith lies in God, so I roll with that.
I advise everybody out here to do that, believe in that, and you'll be successful.
Other than that, you're gonna worry yourself and you ain't gonna have nothing.

That's the only negative thing I could say on the West Coast.
All of these guys who are in big positions have rolled in the sunset.
I said it, Cold187um Big Hutch from Above The law said it, ya'll muthafuckas done rolled in the sunset on everybody.
Fuck it! It ain't finna make no difference homie.
Me saying, and you thinking it, ain't finna make no difference.
So ya'll go out and support West Coast Hip-Hop,because Dre ain't finna help West Coast Hip-Hop get on point, you guys are!
The people reading this article is the people who are going to get West Coast Hip-Hop back on point.
Not Dr. Dre. Cause he's not going to help West Coast Hip-Hop.
You guys built it, and you don't even have a voice anymore!
Ya'll gotta imitate like ya'll from somewhere else now, ya'll don't even have your own essence anymore!
The people don't even have a voice on the West Coast anymore,because they're forced to act like they're from somewhere else now! So if ya'll waiting for us to get signed by Dr. Dre or Puffy to jump out and start Bad Boy West, it ain't gonna happen!
Just support these guys out here getting grimy in the streets, and support their stuff, and the West Coast will come back around!
Other than that, it will never happen. Cause those people are not going to do it.

Damn dude goes back and forth and contratics himself all the time :P

I don't want nobody to misunderstand what I'm sayin' cause I'm very assertable with my conversation here

Ok,but he make it very hard when he goes back and forth again and again contraticting himself.
Here´s some wise words from Bishop Lamont;  ;)
Q & A W/ bishop lamont: dr. dre laced
http://www.thaformula.com/bishop_lamont_dr_dre_laced_thaformula_music.html
Stop expecting Dre to lift you up.
I wasn't expecting Dre to lift me up and still don't expect Dre to lift me up.
He opened a door for me and said
"damn you picked that lock, damn you really wanna get it,ok bless you."

But Dre don't owe nobody shit except the niggaz
he cares about and the niggaz he's indebted to.

Just like Snoop don't owe nobody shit. That nigga sacrificed and did what he did.
If you wanna get where he's at, muthafucka work hard.
If you want anything from any of these people ask for advice.
Don't ask for no handouts or for them to sign you.
They got a billion muthafuckas asking to be signed
that they have known longer that are closer to them.

That's why I try to encourage and teach these new artists to be your own entity,
to be your own icon and stop relying on trying to get everybody featured on your shit.

They ain't gotta do shit for you[/b],[/color]they're grown,they are doing their thing.[/color]
Who was there to help them? 9 times out of 10 nobody except the people close to them.
You have to rhyme for yourself to strengthen yourself.
When I was coming up I would just ask for advice, I would never offend niggaz.
I would get a hand shake and ask them "yo how should I do this,"
and "what do you think of that" if they had the time.

you sounded (audio) shook a couple of times Nima,did he catch you off guard?
or was you high?
he even went; "ask me some questions"  :laugh: :laugh:

I defintely was high, I am most of the time when I do interviews though...
Well not if its early on in the day but if its later at night yeah chances are I am..
You can hear me blowing out smoke in a few of them too lol.

I heard it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know if I would say he caught me off guard,
but let's say I wasn't trying to go tooo deeply into the "oh the west coast gets no love we need to get back on top"
discussion cause i've been having that discussion in most interviews for the past 5 years and it doesn't really change lol.
But Hutch brought up many interesting and new points which is why I kept it going.

I know but you got all quiet,like you fell a sleep or something  :laugh: :laugh:
Sure he diden´t go as far Daz can go at times,but you know  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Like Bun B he makes a little more sense when he spit game,
this dude is still bitter about the past and brings it up again and again and again....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This is 3rd time I checked the audio of a interview,it nice that you include it.
A lot get lost like emotions,pauses etc.,so I will check the audio alot more in the future.

to darth vader,hutch just got outta prison,hes filled with emotion like....
dam if dre acknowledged me ID be big....
he mad that he still strugglin like a muthafucka even tho he tryin to come up

I would respect and accept his emotional ranting if this was the first time,but dude has been ranting SINCE 92-93.
Check ALL the interviews I posted in the Black Mafia Life thread for proof (if you need it).
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=148792.0

....and oohhhh Star Wars was just a movie I did..... My real name is Chad not Darth  :P :laugh: ;) I work as a Daily Shift manager  ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GMVjSyyNrxU&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GMVjSyyNrxU&amp;rel</a>

That being said I like Hutch's work ;D

ooh yeah,got nothing to do with the music he (they) makes.
187um/ATL is the shit,one the best to ever do it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:42:30 PM by Chad Vader Supporter of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »
^^ Yeah we always include audio and text for that reason. Especially in interviews like these, the audio can put a lot of things into perspective that might have not been clear when reading the text.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 11:13:06 AM »
It should be working, check it out.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »
^^ Yeah we always include audio and text for that reason.
Especially in interviews like these,
the audio can put a lot of things into perspective that might have not been clear when reading the text.

Indeed I´m glad I checked the audio  ;).

i'll do that some more in the future :)

i'm currently listening to the audio interview of big hutch  ;)

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 03:32:08 AM »
to darth vader, hutch just got outta prison, hes filled with emotion like....dam if dre acknowledged me ID be big....

he mad that he still strugglin like a muthafukka even tho he tryin to come up

songs on his myspcae....them shyts is FIRE....