Author Topic: What's up with all these shootings in the schools ?  (Read 691 times)

Narrator

Re: What's up with all these shootings in the schools ?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »

More fundamentally, people have a right to defend themselves, criminals can still acquire guns, people get killed because they have no means of defending themselves, or they get severely injured.

Criminals have a more difficult time acquiring guns when there are stricter gun control laws.  There are also other ways of defending yourself besides guns.

But, since you seem to think gun control is part of a government conspiracy, I assumed you believed so because it's part of a government attempt to control us.  I am telling you that that is bullshit.  Answer my question: Do you think governments (especially one with an army as well-funded and well-armed as the U.S. armed forces) are really afraid of citizens owning guns?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »

Firstly in the UK where a total gun ban exists, gun crime is on the increase and secondly if someone breaks into your home, or more than one person even you should have that right to defend yourself whether it's a gun or a knife or whatever. Thirdly a government would never turn it's vision against a population when the nation has a population armed to the teeth, that is what historically gun control has been about, surrender your guns, you are no longer a potential or current threat.

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
Firstly in the UK where a total gun ban exists, gun crime is on the increase and secondly if someone breaks into your home, or more than one person even you should have that right to defend yourself whether it's a gun or a knife or whatever.

First of all, I don't agree with what the British government did (struck me as knee-jerk reactionary shit).  However, most of the "gun crimes" in the U.K. the past few years have been committed with fake guns (replicas, airsoft, toys of various kinds).  That is hardly the same thing.

Second, the issue is...would people in America NEED guns to defend themselves if the criminals couldn't get ahold of guns?  That is the big thing to consider.

Thirdly a government would never turn it's vision against a population when the nation has a population armed to the teeth, that is what historically gun control has been about, surrender your guns, you are no longer a potential or current threat.

I hear this argument all the time, and I don't buy it.  See, NRA members in this country have a habit of saying, "We would still be ruled by the British if we didn't have guns!", but that is total bullshit.  The colonists won because they had the backing of the French government (which paid something like 90% of their war bill and sent troops over for nearly every major operation).  The same thing applies to any other guerilla movement throughout history.  Simply having a population armed with guns isn't enough; you need training, organization, and a CONSTANT supply of arms and supplies from a government willing to puts its ass on the line for you.  That is the biggest factor.  There has never been a rebel group in history that was even remotely effective without the support of foreign governments.  Think about it:

-The Viet Cong had the backing of the Chinese, Soviet, and North Vietnamese governments
-The PLO had the backing of all the Arab states as well as the Chinese and Soviets
-The Afghan Mujahideen had the backing of the American CIA and Pakistan
-Hezbollah has the backing of Iran and Syria
-The Provisional IRA had the backing of Libya
-The Northern Alliance finally kicked out the Taliban because of us

...need I go on?  Well, OK, the exceptions to this rule are guerilla movements that have control over areas with valuable resources that can be traded for weapons...this is the case in Africa (where you have rebel groups like my own RUF, or UNITA) who take control of diamond-mining areas and sell the stones to arms dealers.  Or, you may have groups like the FARC in Colombia who have a huge stake in the narcotics trade and can profit from that.

But you get the point.  The American people are, first of all, hardly "armed to the teeth".  Second, how would they form an effective guerilla movement?  Who would support them?  How would they organize?  Do you expect them to actually try it?  Guerillas are almost always recruited from the poorest of the poor, people who have no cushy lifestyle to go back to.  You think the average cracker would decide to live life in the bush as long as they've got working AC and food on the table?

Shit, I think the single biggest problem is that most of the pro-gunners in America are willing to support the Bush administration, which you agree has been extremely detrimental to freedom in this country.

when it rains it pours

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 12:33:47 AM »
RIP to all those kids. fucked up world we live in.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »
simple white people are crazy...

when it rains it pours

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »
lol, thats kinda true. mostly all the shootings have been done by white males except for the Virginia tech one.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »
shit, I never thought that I could agree with something Foday said :o

RIP to all those kids. fucked up world we live in.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
what's up with gun shooting in schools in usa? it's becoming a banal thing, people could have chose the gun control route but they chose to gun cult so that shit is banal now, cnn didn't mention it

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
lol, thats kinda true. mostly all the shootings have been done by white males except for the Virginia tech one.
yup and notice how u wont see them blamin white rock n roll music......... nope............. its just another day for them

when it rains it pours

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »
yup and notice how u wont see them blamin white rock n roll music......... nope............. its just another day for them
true

gangster rap made them do it  ::)

sagging is such a big problem but white kids going nuts with guns is nothing

Narrator

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »

That's not true.  Marilyn Manson got blamed for the Columbine shit.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

That's not true.  Marilyn Manson got blamed for the Columbine shit.
you know what eye mean..... they will sit there and attack hip hop ..... all day..... its nothing compared to what they did with rock n roll satanic music... they kind of just let it slide

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 03:42:31 AM »
^Well young blacks kill a lot more people casually, so...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

when it rains it pours

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 10:38:50 AM »
thats true. but its not casually, theres usually beef. these white males that run into their schools with guns kill innocent women and men for no reason. a black male in the ghetto isnt going kill someone because they were an outcast.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »
thats true. but its not casually, theres usually beef. these white males that run into their schools with guns kill innocent women and men for no reason. a black male in the ghetto isnt going kill someone because they were an outcast.

So what? Killing just to get a rep or because of some immature beef, pocket change etc is also retarded. LOL@it being considered cool to shoot someone cause he's got a red tshirt when those things are actually retarded as fuck.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin