Author Topic: Busta Rhymes - Back On My Bullshit  (Read 390 times)

flipmode123

• 'G'
Busta Rhymes - Back On My Bullshit
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:50:14 AM »
While Busta Rhymes took a longer break than usual between 2002's It Ain't Safe No More and 2006's The Big Bang, the dungeon dragon is making sure to kick off this year in high gear with a number of projects. He's knee-deep in his next album, Back on My Bullsh--, and so far he's hooked up with Dr. Dre, Green Lantern, Cool & Dre, Danjahandz, Nottz and Timbaland. Bus-a-Bus also recorded with Pharrell, who actually helped him come up with the title.

"I'm calling it Back On My Bullsh-- for two reasons," Busta explained. "I said it on [a new song,] and it stuck in Pharrell's head. And because this album, in particular, feels like vintage Busta Rhymes, in a 2008 way. It was original and appropriately the right thing to call the project. No deep brain-science ... nothing like that."

In the meantime, Bus is getting ready to flood the streets with a few mixtapes. First up will be King of the Remixes with DJ White Owl, followed by 48 Laws of Power with Mark Exclusive.

"It's the greatest street exclusives and greatest hits and unreleased exclusives, which is me going in, back to back," Busta said.

Then the Flipmode General plans to team up with Superstar Jay for I've Already Outshined Your Favorite Rapper, before he connects with Mick Boogie for Dillagence 2, the sequel to their mixtape tribute to the late J Dilla.

"It's gonna be crazy," Bus said.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Busta Rhymes - Back On My Bullshit
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »
Rat, you beat me to it :D

I'm liking the production list thus far, I'm glad he hasn't mentioned Swizz Beatz (yet)  :)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
all talk, no music

I ain't feeling busta's guest spots lately

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
"Vintage Busta"
Does that mean he doesn't continue with the same style as on The Big Bang?  :-\

kemizt

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
any Busta is good Busta

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
I think by vintage Busta, he means quicker rapping and crazy outfits in the videos. But like homie said, any Busta is good Busta. He's got some good producers on deck.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »
I think by vintage Busta, he means quicker rapping and crazy outfits in the videos. But like homie said, any Busta is good Busta. He's got some good producers on deck.

I am hoping he continues the style of BB

kemizt

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »
any Busta is good Busta

For real. And he best have them wild Busta tracks on there or some crazy shit. Title is wackkk though. :-\

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:11:35 PM »
He mentioned the term "back on my bullshit" on the track "Cocaina" off the Big Bang. I'll admit when I first heard that line it kinda got stuck in my head too for some reason. But I don't know if its wise naming the album that. On TV and radio, he'll have to say "Back On My BS", which doesnt roll off the tongue like 'Genesis' or even 'Big Bang'.

Invincible

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
Yer that producer line up does look pretty good. No release date though which is rather annoying. Another album I'm looking forward to.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:28:38 PM »
"Vintage Busta"
Does that mean he doesn't continue with the same style as on The Big Bang?  :-\

yeah i liked his style better on Bg bang

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »
any Busta is good Busta

For real. And he best have them wild Busta tracks on there or some crazy shit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »
i hope this drops soon, i doubt he will have an album from top to bottom as good as big bang, but i would rather him put out an album every 1-2 years than once every 4 years because BB was not worth that long a wait. I am also glad to hear his going to vintage busta with a mix of 08 busta, will probably be lyrical but energetic at the same time. I hope we hear some crazy club shit from him. The shit him and neptunes cook up be amazing, i doubt they can come up with shit like that again