1 (9.1%)
Yes, but it's not too likely
5 (45.5%)
Probably not
4 (36.4%)
Fuck no
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Clinton Done?  (Read 296 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Clinton Done?
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:54 AM »
So, a few weeks after 7even's question whether Obama was done was still to be taken seriously (if responded to negatively by most), it's actually vice versa. After ten consecutive wins, some of them landslides, Obama's the leading democratic candidate and has surged ahead in the Democrats' race. He has received more votes from all ethnicities (including latinos), all age groups (except very old people) and even the white-woman vote was split in the last few elections, if I'm rightly informed about this. Plus Obama seems to be generally considered the candidate likely to receive far more votes from independent voters and he is less of a target for the conservatives, hence seems to be more likely to beat McCain. Actually a friend told me yesterday (not a reliable source, but he must have had it from somewhere) that, if elections were held now, Obama would beat McCain quite clearly, while Hillary would lose by a narrow margin according to recent polls.

So while Obama's got all the momentum, Hillary, on the other hand, is basically reduced to resorting to this:
She told an audience in Ohio that the choice in the Democratic primary this year is between someone in the "speeches business" and someone in the "solutions business."

"Americans have a choice to make in this election, and that choice matters," she said.

"We need to make a choice between speeches and solutions, because while words matter greatly, the best words in the world aren't enough unless you match them with action." (CNN.com)
...which is becoming tiring and redundant in my opinion. It seems to be "yes, we can" vs. "no, you can't, boohoo", which doesn't make her too attractive a candidate.

I know that technically, she is, of course, not done yet. It's all eyes on Texas and Ohio (the latter being an important swing state) now, but does anyone see her win these? Do you think she'll give up if she loses them, too? And, back to the original question, do you think that generally speaking she still has a realistic chance?

Discuss........

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Clinton Done?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:46:52 AM »
It's a matter of how influenced people are by Obama winning 10 smaller states in a row. She always had the lead in Ohio and Texas, and if that didn't and doesn't change, she ain't done. If she loses both states, then yeah, she's done.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
It's a must for Clinton to win both Ohio and Texas, and not just win but win by 15-20 pts.  I doubt she'll be able to do that, especially in Texas.  The only Clinton will be doing after those Primaries is hurting the Democratic party by remaining in the race.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
She wouldn't win pledge delegate, but Clinton is sneaky, look for her to win Ohio, Texas and Penn and then argue to the convention that she deserves the nomination and never backing down. The Clintons have never played fair politics, they just win by any means.

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
Clintons done!

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 08:41:47 PM »
She is never done, because she'll never give up.  She feels that she's entitled to be president, so she'll fight and do whatever dirty shit she has to do to get back in the white house.  She will likely lose the delegate race and then fight tooth and nail at the convention to slander Obama and get the nomination, even if it means destroying the democrat party along the way.  She has friends in low places and will call in any favor she can possibly afford from anybody she thinks will help her get the presidency. 

I honestly would not put it past her to somehow barter a deal where she's the veep nominee, then work to get Obama assasinated.  I honestly don't think she's above that.  She could also become veep and try to get him impeached.  She's bet the entire farm on this, she's not going to wait and run again in 4 or 8 years, she's getting too old.  She feels that her time is now and she will do whatever, to whomever, to hang onto that illusion. 

Remember: Until November, she hasn't lost shit.  She will stay in this, no matter what the consequences to her, her family, her legacy, Bill's legacy, the party's unity, the dignity Obama and his family deserves, whatever it takes to stay as viable as possible.  Until November, her fairy tale of "I'm the next president of the united states!" is still a reality to her. 

That's the one thing I can give Obama credit for... while I don't agree with practically any of his politics or his ideas about government or his role in it, I honestly think he's a good man with a good family who, if the shoes were reversed, would put country and probably his party's political ambitions above his own if it were clear he wasn't going to make the nomination. 

This whole discussion is the reason Romney dropped out early on the other side.  It was clear he wasn't going to win, so he dropped out to save face and be a classy guy about it.  As a result, he's sitting pretty for a future run. 

Hillary will not drop out, and she's about to destroy any chance she has of running in the future, or being the veep choice because the wounds will be too deep in the party. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
She is never done, because she'll never give up.  She feels that she's entitled to be president, so she'll fight and do whatever dirty shit she has to do to get back in the white house.  She will likely lose the delegate race and then fight tooth and nail at the convention to slander Obama and get the nomination, even if it means destroying the democrat party along the way.  She has friends in low places and will call in any favor she can possibly afford from anybody she thinks will help her get the presidency. 

I honestly would not put it past her to somehow barter a deal where she's the veep nominee, then work to get Obama assasinated.  I honestly don't think she's above that.  She could also become veep and try to get him impeached.  She's bet the entire farm on this, she's not going to wait and run again in 4 or 8 years, she's getting too old.  She feels that her time is now and she will do whatever, to whomever, to hang onto that illusion. 

Remember: Until November, she hasn't lost shit.  She will stay in this, no matter what the consequences to her, her family, her legacy, Bill's legacy, the party's unity, the dignity Obama and his family deserves, whatever it takes to stay as viable as possible.  Until November, her fairy tale of "I'm the next president of the united states!" is still a reality to her. 

That's the one thing I can give Obama credit for... while I don't agree with practically any of his politics or his ideas about government or his role in it, I honestly think he's a good man with a good family who, if the shoes were reversed, would put country and probably his party's political ambitions above his own if it were clear he wasn't going to make the nomination. 

This whole discussion is the reason Romney dropped out early on the other side.  It was clear he wasn't going to win, so he dropped out to save face and be a classy guy about it.  As a result, he's sitting pretty for a future run. 

Hillary will not drop out, and she's about to destroy any chance she has of running in the future, or being the veep choice because the wounds will be too deep in the party. 

I agree completely. I have heard that there are Dems who are scared to take back their backing from Hillary because of the Clinton's influence and that they are hopeful that Obama is their answer to take the Clintons out of power in the Democrat party. In the 90's the Democrats were lost after Reagan had kicked their ass in the 80's and they were looking for answers. Bill Clinton was an outsider and Hillary was a power hungry first lady, but damnit they won and that was more than the rest of the Democrats could say. So the Dems allowed the Dems to run the party, Bill has actually ran the campaigns of many Dems across the country in exchange for their loyality. This has compromised many Dems as they are now indebted to the Clintons, which is why you have lots of Dems who say they still stand behind Hillary even after their voters voted heavily for Obama. The Clintons are power hungry, Bill was thinking of running for head of the UN, and they are trying whatever they can do to return to power. I think if Obama is smart, which he is, he would not allow Hillary to be his VP, he should pick someone like Edwards or hell, Kennedy. If their is one family that has more power than the Clintons in the Democrat party, it's the Kennedy's and Ted's support has allowed other Dems to come out and make it safe to be for Obama. Without Ted's support, Obama does not get as many Super Delegates, and does not win the nomination. It did nothing for the pledge delegates, but it has done wonders for him being able to beat Hillary.

Overall, the Clintons might try anything, if I was Obama, if I win I'd cut her loose and try to distance myself from the Clinton machine.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »
I enjoy reading Trauma's posts, quality since 2001. A lot of people just skim over but you gotta read a Trauma post whether you agree with him or not.

MarkCruz

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »
I enjoy reading Trauma's posts, quality since 2001. A lot of people just skim over but you gotta read a Trauma post whether you agree with him or not.

STFU NO ONE ASKED.

ALL YOU EVER DO IS PRAISE POSTERS.
THINK FOR YOURSELF, FOR ONCE ;D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 05:44:03 PM »

STFU NO ONE ASKED.

Basically I think you're cool, but your obsession with Doggy is getting slightly annyoing. You're spoling my thread :'(

I'm too drunk for a serious answer to Trauma's and M Dogg's posts now, but I might get round to it tomorrow

MarkCruz

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 06:54:53 PM »

STFU NO ONE ASKED.

Basically I think you're cool, but your obsession with Doggy is getting slightly annyoing. You're spoling my thread :'(

I'm too drunk for a serious answer to Trauma's and M Dogg's posts now, but I might get round to it tomorrow

NAH HE'S OBSESSED WITH ME, DELETING MY POSTS.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DMs-p5y6cvo&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DMs-p5y6cvo&amp;autoplay=0</a>
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:01:41 PM by SEER & JOME'S LOVECHILD »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »
clintons gunna get the nomination...there too much dirty mutherfuckers/tacticts...its to bad